A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
PackerGeek said:
Raptorman said:
longtimefan said:
Raptorman said:
wow buddy. Viking castoffs on the Packers roster? really. thats what your going with. i cant think of any Viking cast off that on this current roster.

I can think of two off the top of my head. Cole and Bolston. But then what do I know, I'm a Vikings fans.

Colin is one of your examples? He was cut by you and the Lions...

Maybe the issue is the Lions and Viks can't judge talent properly..Cuz he seems to be doing pretty good for the Pack..

Maybe the Vikings were deep at that time at that position. My point being that players change teams all the time. Players are signed off practice squads, people get let go for one reason or another. Some players do better on one team then another for some reason. Look at Moss in Oakland. Everyone assumes he didn't play, but if you look at his stats, he still had 1 td for every 10 passes. Which for him is a drop off, but for most WR's would be a good year. They just didn't have a QB who could get him the ball as much as Brady or Culpepper did.

Then you have the issue that a coach doesnt like a particular player for some reason. See Favre in Atlanta and Gilbert Brown in Minnesota. The coaches of those teams had issues with those players and let them go for one reason or another. Teams have bad drafts, players don't live up to expectations. If 50% of your drafted palyers are still on the team much less the NFL 5 years down the road your doing a good job.

Unfortunately he is no long with the vikings, not for any of the reasons stated, but because he simply didn't produce. Yes he was injured but as I recall he was drafted coming off an injury (Knee??? maybe) so you knew that going in. Very similar to what we did last year with Harrel (who we dont know about yet) in the end if he works out it's a steal if he doesn't it's a bust. that's the nature of the draft. As for Moss, as a packer fan I thought he was so amazing that I absolutely hated him with every ounce of my core (okay that may be extereme). Probably not that different than most Vikings and Bears fans i know thought of Favre. They all hated him because he no matter what you did sometimes, someghow. He could beat you. and I feel that way about Moss, He had the talent to turn a game around at times and there is no way I would have traded him. I would have found a way to build my team around him.
However since the people on this website think the Vikings are the only team to draft bad first rounders, choke in the playoffs, lose a superbowl, I understand the logic.
Nah....i sure don't think that way! What about the Lions? Other then not even getting to a SB to lose it (or 4) they are on the same level as the Vikings! :wink: :lol:

:beer: :agree:

Members online

No members online now.