EPL and British Football

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
The Rags are now six points out of a Champions League quailifying spot with two teams ahead of them.

Good times! :laugh:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not bad for an old Gezzer, do yourself a favour if you watch this and put the volume to zero. The commentary is useless.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Chelsea did what they had to do against a terribly poor Utd team. Bar DeGea, how many of those Utd XI would even come close to challenging for a starting place at Chelsea? None.
They're just so average on so many levels its untrue, total rebuild needs to be done at Old Trafford.

By the way, Eto'o hatrick, who saw that one coming :eek:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea did what they had to do against a terribly poor Utd team. Bar DeGea, how many of those Utd XI would even come close to challenging for a starting place at Chelsea? None.
They're just so average on so many levels its untrue, total rebuild needs to be done at Old Trafford.

By the way, Eto'o hatrick, who saw that one coming :eek:

A Ferguson Manure would have i think got a draw from the game, Moyes i dont think is good enough for them. Hes ok at a smaller club. Rooney and Van Persie were injured i hear them cry........what the hey so was Lampard and now also is Torres. You wont hear me complain though they should just get on with it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not bad for an old Gezzer, do yourself a favour if you watch this and put the volume to zero. The commentary is useless.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well, Im one of those experts who said Chelsea doesnt need players like Eto'o anymore, too old, best days behind
him..... :oops::D
Great goals, especially the first one though the shot was deflected...:tup:

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
Ohh joy anther Arjen Robben soon to come back and bite us in the bum. :mad::poop::speechless:

Well, I'd be more worried Roon the Loon is on his way over to you. :D

Seriously though; I wanted City to sign RVP last year primarily to keep him away from the Rags. He is a great player and all of that. But there were durability issues with him at Arsenal and the price tag was high, One has to keep hoping that the Rags miss Champions League qualification. They are leveraged financially and that will put a big dent in their spending power.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
OMG, what an ending to the Sunderland - Man U game. I can't believe it. That was amazing drama on the pitch.

See @scotscheese I told you you had it all along.. hahaha. Man I can't believe the ending then the PK's. WOW.

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
Fantastic that the Black Cats won. I will not take a victory in the final for granted considering what happened in last year's FA Cup final vs Wigan. This still is on course to be a dream season.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, what an ending to the Sunderland - Man U game. I can't believe it. That was amazing drama on the pitch.

See @scotscheese I told you you had it all along.. hahaha. Man I can't believe the ending then the PK's. WOW.

i was shouting so much that my housemate got up out of his bed to see what was happening, he's a liverpool fan so quite happy that we beat them, was v happy that rafael missed his as i think he is just a little c*** and needs a slap

it was one of the worst PK shootouts i've seen in a long time, only 2 good pk's from marcos alonso and Ki

@Goater i'm quite sure we can beat you away from Eastlands, and we've had a couple of good results against citeh in the last couple of years

Goater

Feed the Goat
Reaction score
@Goater i'm quite sure we can beat you away from Eastlands, and we've had a couple of good results against citeh in the last couple of years

SC. I will put your confidence down to youthful exuberance and the fact you are a dedicated fan. Citeh are on such a run of good form at the moment that an old friend had to take a bit of credit from afar.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25836477

No matter. I love that guy. Somehow I still consider Adam Johnson as one of ours as well.

Sunderland is a team I feel no animosity towards. I do think you have a chance in the final, but nobody is writing off our chances against Barcelona either. That is the balance as far as power is concerned in the football world. I used to say that every day we are ahead of the Rags in the table is a good day. I am still kind of just getting used to the fact this may become a regular occurance.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
There is also the case of Lampard's goal which was not given. It is the curse of 1966. Will it ever be lifted. :D

Lampards goal was perfectly good, but its a case of re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic. England would have still lost the game. They were naive, and the defending that day was straight from the school playground.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is also the case of Lampard's goal which was not given. It is the curse of 1966. Will it ever be lifted. :D
To make it short - no !:cool:
I was in London at that time, watching the game in a pub and they noticed that me and my wife are German.
Well, if looks could kill.... :D

Members online

Latest posts