EPL and British Football

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thanks for disallowing a clear goal you sideline judge clown.

Bundesbiers is not pleased. :mad::mad::mad:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

hmmmm, not an easy decision to be honest. The striker was clearly offside and by moving to the left it looked like he was distracting Joe Hart ? :cautious:

Oh, 1-2 Crouch. Is he still playing football? :eek: Didnt know he ended up at Stoke....

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
hmmmm, not an easy decision to be honest. The striker was clearly offside and by moving to the left it looked like he was distracting Joe Hart ? :cautious:

Oh, 1-2 Crouch. Is he still playing football? :eek: Didnt know he ended up at Stoke....

No way did he distract Hart. He went the other way to avoid the ball, not inside to disrupt the line of sight. Joe Hart didn't move because it was just a rocket of a shot. He never had a chance to save that. Bad decision.

Peter Crouch has been at Stoke since 2011.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Indeed, doesnt make sense at first glance. But at least doesnt cost them much as Wolfsburg has to pay 18m for de Bruyne.
But who could be replaced by Matic ? And what is Mourinho doing with Mata now ? :confused:

That could be your answer nessie, i think Mata is for the exit. For some reason he does not fit a Mourinho team. :rolleyes::tdown: Going by this logic CFC will return for de Bruyne in a few years time for about £30m. :cautious:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Mata IMO was Chelski's best player last year. For some reason Jose does not want to play him, and part of that reason seems to me to be Jose's ego, because I can't see how Mata wouldn't fit Jose's style.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That could be your answer nessie, i think Mata is for the exit. For some reason he does not fit a Mourinho team. :rolleyes::tdown: Going by this logic CFC will return for de Bruyne in a few years time for about £30m. :cautious:
Its a shame, how cant Jose find a place in his team for such a gifted player :(

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

correct decision imo :roflmao::roflmao:

as a qualified referee, i can understand why they made this decision to a degree, and as a sunderland fan it was a fantastic decision. as a football fan it was a terrible decision, and it didn't help that Hart was jumping about the way he was

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This morning I read an article about a possible contract extension for the "Big f****** German" Mertesacker with Arsenal and they also mentioned Serge Gnabry, another very young German player who is getting more playing time after Theo Walcotts injury.
Honestly, I didnt even know he is German and I think it might be a little early to speculate about a possible roster spot for Brazil but I definitely will pay more attention to him and his appearances for Arsenal from now on.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/12/serge-gnabry-theo-walcott-world-cup-arsenal
Four Germans playing for Arsenal reminds me a little of the 90's when Klinsmann, Matthäus and Brehme played for Inter Milan.:tup:
Nice to know that more and more European top teams are interested to sign German players though I hope that the Bundesliga will be attractive enough to keep some of them in Germany or even bring them back one day.

Btw- will the loss of Theo Walcott be a problem for the English Team ? I assume he wont be back early enough to play in Brazil, I wonder who replaces him ?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
This morning I read an article about a possible contract extension for the "Big f****** German" Mertesacker with Arsenal and they also mentioned Serge Gnabry, another very young German player who is getting more playing time after Theo Walcotts injury.
Honestly, I didnt even know he is German and I think it might be a little early to speculate about a possible roster spot for Brazil but I definitely will pay more attention to him and his appearances for Arsenal from now on.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/12/serge-gnabry-theo-walcott-world-cup-arsenal
Four Germans playing for Arsenal reminds me a little of the 90's when Klinsmann, Matthäus and Brehme played for Inter Milan.:tup:
Nice to know that more and more European top teams are interested to sign German players though I hope that the Bundesliga will be attractive enough to keep some of them in Germany or even bring them back one day.

Btw- will the loss of Theo Walcott be a problem for the English Team ? I assume he wont be back early enough to play in Brazil, I wonder who replaces him ?

That's a little comical that Wenger would tip someone for a WC roster spot for a different country that he doesn't even manage, although I guess it was a nice gesture of him to do that.

It's nice to see Arsenal using some Germans, although I wish Wenger would play Podolski more. Even when Podolski was healthy last season, there were many games he didn't even start, and if he didn't start, he wasn't playing 90 minutes. I don't mind Arsenal in the overall scheme of things. I'd rather them win then the Manchesters or Liverpools.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
correct decision imo :roflmao::roflmao:

:mad:

as a qualified referee, i can understand why they made this decision to a degree

:confused::confused::confused:

and as a sunderland fan it was a fantastic decision.

:mad::mad::mad:

as a football fan it was a terrible decision

:tup::tup::tup:

and it didn't help that Hart was jumping about the way he was

:poop::poop::poop: Well I'm over it. Hope we can right the ship against the Hammers this week.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its a shame, how cant Jose find a place in his team for such a gifted player :(

I think Jose realizes Matas talent Nessie, i dont think thats the problem. I think the problem is one harder workrate for the team and tracking back and defensive tackling, yep hes an attacking player but sometimes you have to do a bit of the ugly stuff to get the ball back. Thats always been part of the Mourinho mentality.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jose realizes Matas talent Nessie, i dont think thats the problem. I think the problem is one harder workrate for the team and tracking back and defensive tackling, yep hes an attacking player but sometimes you have to do a bit of the ugly stuff to get the ball back. Thats always been part of the Mourinho mentality.

Thats true , PackerFan71, but I think if you have a player like Mata you have to free up space for his creativity, I dont want him to do defensive work.
But this only works if you have players who are doing all this ugly stuff for him. As Mourinhos philosophy is different from that I'm afraid you are right and he will leave Chelsea sooner or later.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a little comical that Wenger would tip someone for a WC roster spot for a different country that he doesn't even manage, although I guess it was a nice gesture of him to do that.

It's nice to see Arsenal using some Germans, although I wish Wenger would play Podolski more. Even when Podolski was healthy last season, there were many games he didn't even start, and if he didn't start, he wasn't playing 90 minutes. I don't mind Arsenal in the overall scheme of things. I'd rather them win then the Manchesters or Liverpools.

Checked his stats for last season and I am surprised that he only started 10 out of 33 games ! :eek:
And whats even more interesting, he had only two 90 minutes games !

How good is your German, Bundesbiers ? Do you know this site ? Its a subsidiary of the company Im working for.
Lots of stats ! ;)
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/lukas-podolski/leistungsdaten-detail/spieler_15185.html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats true , PackerFan71, but I think if you have a player like Mata you have to free up space for his creativity, I dont want him to do defensive work.
But this only works if you have players who are doing all this ugly stuff for him. As Mourinhos philosophy is different from that I'm afraid you are right and he will leave Chelsea sooner or later.

Exactly he's an attacker and a good one but does not seem to fit the playing style of the current manager. :( If he is to be moved on id let him go back to Valencia but with a clause in his contract so that he can not be sold on to a club like Bayern and Chelsea having first refusal on him. The Robben thing is still an annoyance.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Checked his stats for last season and I am surprised that he only started 10 out of 33 games ! :eek:
And whats even more interesting, he had only two 90 minutes games !

How good is your German, Bundesbiers ? Do you know this site ? Its a subsidiary of the company Im working for.
Lots of stats ! ;)
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/lukas-podolski/leistungsdaten-detail/spieler_15185.html

I don't know this site but its easily translatable.

My German is ok, but it needs to get better. I can understand more than I can speak German tho.

As I watched him play last season, I thought to myself, was he really happy by going to Arsenal and then not even start? He would have been better suited to stay in the Bundesliga IMO. Being that Koln was relegated his last season at Koln, he wouldn't have stayed there, but he could/should have played in the Bundesliga elsewhere IMO.

It sucks to see him not on the field. He is a damn good player.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly he's an attacker and a good one but does not seem to fit the playing style of the current manager. :( If he is to be moved on id let him go back to Valencia but with a clause in his contract so that he can not be sold on to a club like Bayern and Chelsea having first refusal on him. The Robben thing is still an annoyance.
Hmmm, do you think somebody would sign a contract with such a clause PackerFan71 ? I dont think so. And dont forget, although Robben is an excellent football player he seems to be a potential locker room cancer because of his selfishness.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm, do you think somebody would sign a contract with such a clause PackerFan71 ? I dont think so. And dont forget, although Robben is an excellent football player he seems to be a potential locker room cancer because of his selfishness.

I know for certain its happened in the past Nessie, player power and EU rules would no doubt not allow it. I know Robben was well liked at Chelsea however Abramovich did not give him what he wanted that brought about the move to Real. I cant comment on what happened after that because i don't know, however as we know he's Dutch........................

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know this site but its easily translatable.

My German is ok, but it needs to get better. I can understand more than I can speak German tho.

As I watched him play last season, I thought to myself, was he really happy by going to Arsenal and then not even start? He would have been better suited to stay in the Bundesliga IMO. Being that Koln was relegated his last season at Koln, he wouldn't have stayed there, but he could/should have played in the Bundesliga elsewhere IMO.

It sucks to see him not on the field. He is a damn good player.

Somewhere else ? He had his try at Bayern and failed. I dont know why but in Germany Poldi seems to play his best football only at home in Cologne. I doubt that signing with another Bundesliga team would make sense.
I think thats why he decided to move to England. And though he only started 10 games he scored 11 goals and had 10 assists - I wouldnt call this a bad season for his first year in the EPL. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts