EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ahh in that case, England, because i live here and always have supported England in WC's etc, the media overhype always turns me off them though, also all the fat tattoo'd west ham and chelsea fans that just repeatedly sing 'ten german bombers'

I like england the country but not their national side for the same reasons, im a Chelsea fan and i cant stand those idiots either. :tdown::rolleyes:

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like england the country but not their national side for the same reasons, im a Chelsea fan and i cant stand those idiots either. :tdown::rolleyes:

it's embarassing really, pissed up blokes in germany sining about shooting down bombers, heard one chant once that went 'my grandad killed your grandad', luckily we're not all complete idiots, you root for any scottish team? i personally root for anyone other then Rangers or Celtic

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
it's embarassing really, pissed up blokes in germany sining about shooting down bombers, heard one chant once that went 'my grandad killed your grandad', luckily we're not all complete idiots, you root for any scottish team? i personally root for anyone other then Rangers or Celtic

They are just brainless fools that have no idea what they are saying, it was really cringeworthy seeing them sing that in Munich before the CLF in 2012. However they are small minority every club has them. Dont get me started on Rangers or Celtic i dont like either of them i also like Ross County as they are my nearest League team. :)

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are just brainless fools that have no idea what they are saying, it was really cringeworthy seeing them sing that in Munich before the CLF in 2012. However they are small minority every club has them. Dont get me started on Rangers or Celtic i dont like either of them i also like Ross County as they are my nearest League team. :)

yeah, ah well, and celtic and rangers anger me, how they let them two play i will never know, brainless morons connecting politics to sport, if i was to say i had a team, would probably be Aberdeen, have a freind who supports Inverness CT

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
yeah, ah well, and celtic and rangers anger me, how they let them two play i will never know, brainless morons connecting politics to sport, if i was to say i had a team, would probably be Aberdeen, have a freind who supports Inverness CT

Either set of fans not wearing Blue or Green is another thing, its hilarious who gives a fig? they really should get a life. ICT are Countys rivals im not so keen on them either Boooo! :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I can tell you we dont care about what they are singing because they are losing against us anyway ! :cool:;)
But seriously, there are enough German idiots as well....:cautious:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats good to hear, always thought, for whatever reason, Scottish economy is struggling like the Irish.:tup:
In Germany the number of public holidays depends on where you live. In Hamburg we have at least three days less than Bavarians....:rolleyes:

well our economy is really still tied into the UK economy. but there has been a lot said from the doom and gloom merchants about how scotlands economy wouldn't survive if we got independence. but i don't really want to get into this kind of thing cos a) i don't know enough about it, b) i hate politics with a passion.

with the oil industry in Aberdeen, then the local economy is always what they class as booming, house prices here are crazy, and i think we're in the top 5 most expensive cities in the UK to live

the best thing about living here is going for a drive for maybe 30-40 minutes and your out in the country right in the heart of whisky country, ye can't beat it

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

does that include the Highland league?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K...again at the office until 1 pm and just to kill some time me and my colleagues doing a very traditional thing for this day and part of the country - having some "Berliner" together and wishing everybody good luck for 2014.
We had this before here in one of the other threads - people from Berlin dont call it Berliner, but we do :p
Its kind of a doughnut filled with marmalade and if you do have bad luck you get one with mustard, disgusting :eek:
But you dont know until you have tried it. :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K...again at the office until 1 pm and just to kill some time me and my colleagues doing a very traditional thing for this day and part of the country - having some "Berliner" together and wishing everybody good luck for 2014.
We had this before here in one of the other threads - people from Berlin dont call it Berliner, but we do :p
Its kind of a doughnut filled with marmalade and if you do have bad luck you get one with mustard, disgusting :eek:

this is so evil, i want to rate this as funny and like

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm an Aberdeen fan, i do remember us beating hamburg a few years back to win the european super cup
You're right, that has been more than 30 years ago in 1983. ;)
Since then we didnt win anything except the German DFB Cup in 1987 :rolleyes:
Our former player Mark McGhee was signed from Aberdeen as much as I remember. Didnt he play for Aberdeen before he joined us ? :cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep see the link below, it is a semi-pro league. i think that if you are furtrher south than aberdeen then you are not northern enough for this league

http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/
Aaah, thank you ! :tup: Teams with interesting names in there, hard for me to even spell it out correctly ! ;)
Clachnacuddin is a tough one :D
I only know Fort William because I've been there but I assume the other ones are small towns or villages ?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, that has been more than 30 years ago in 1983. ;)
Since then we didnt win anything except the German DFB Cup in 1987 :rolleyes:
Our former player Mark McGhee was signed from Aberdeen as much as I remember. Didnt he play for Aberdeen before he joined us ? :cautious:
You're right it was 1983, i'm lucky that i'm not old enough to remember those days. the last time Aberdeen won anything was on my 16th birthday. i'm now 34!!

yes mark Mcghee, did play for Aberdeen before Hamburg, he actually scored against Hamburg in the second leg of the super cup final at pittodrie

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaah, thank you ! :tup: Teams with interesting names in there, hard for me to even spell it out correctly ! ;)
Clachnacuddin is a tough one :D
I only know Fort William because I've been there but I assume the other ones are small towns or villages ?

yep, most contaicn the name of a small town or village, inverurie, huntly, wick, rothes. one of them is based in aberdeen, Cove rangers, formartine are from Pitmedden, Deveronvale are from Banff, and strathspey is an area west of Aberdeen heading out to whisky country(speyside)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

I like nessie, i make ones like those every day only we put caramel ontop instead. And cream instead of mustard. :D

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its for the tiny towns and villages of northern Scotland (Mainland ones) County and ICF graduated from it.
technically ICT amalgamated from two former highland league teams, inverness caledonian & inverness thistle, ther was a big hoohaa at the time about this as they were both kinds big rivals for this level of football

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts