EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
8 m £ !?
Awesome, Chelsea should grab the money and let him go.
But I think you are right, Packerfan71, that won't happen.
Any news about Hulk? Did he sign with PSG or is there still
a chance that he plays for Chelsea next season?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Can't say the sport ever shivered my timbers. what?

Hey dont worry about it Smokey its only the most popular sport worldwide, I only have a passing aquaintance with Olive Oyl. Im not messing with you though you eat Spinach!. We love the Packers too!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
8 m £ !?
Awesome, Chelsea should grab the money and let him go.
But I think you are right, Packerfan71, that won't happen.
Any news about Hulk? Did he sign with PSG or is there still
a chance that he plays for Chelsea next season?

£8m that will fund a few months fuel for one of Abramovic's Yachts!. Give him a free transfer. (I live in hope.)

No Idea its gone all quiet for now they are offloading a few, Bosingwa and Kalou the latest to leave.

Abramovich was at the Euro final no doubt talent scouting.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Schweinsteiger for Khedira? I don't know what to think of this possibility?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Schweinsteiger for Khedira? I don't know what to think of this possibility?

That must be going down like a lead baloon with the fans. Croak ill make a German football thread.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, thats surprising.
I thought he would sign with another Club in Portugal or Spain.
Maybe he can turn his experiences with Chelsea in something positive with Tottenham.

Exactly thats what i thought, His main problem at Chelsea was is age he was younger than the senior players.

They thought he was a joke, you wonder if its going to be the same at Spurs...........who knows.

Tottenham were nuts getting rid of Redknapp, continuity brings success not chopping and changing managers all the time.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Another Premier League, breaking news from Scotland, looks like the end for the Glasgow Rangers.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/07/04/soccer-rangers-idINL3E8I43F220120704

I feel sorry for all Rangers fans though the Club Management deserves that punishment.
Football tradition and a great club is destroyed beause of mismanagement and investors who just wanted to make money. :(

Yeah the old Glasgow Rangers are no more, absolutley shocking story really. They were ruined by an egomaniac who spent money he didnt have, he then sold a huge Toxic Debt for £1 to a little crook who called in the liquidators when the Champions League money was cut off, and he could not pay a Tax Bill. All their history is gone, as ever its the fans who are left with nothing. Thats why im so in favour of the fans owning at least half of any club in order to stop these Idiot owners.

Most right thinking Rangers fans agree the club need punishment for all the mis-deeds, and for the most part they want a fresh start as a New Rangers in Division 3. This would be good for them as they will have to gain promotion through the Divisions by their own merit.

Do you know of these guys? they are my tiny local team they got promoted to the Premier League in April/May for the first time ever. I hope they do well!:D

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/the-club.aspx

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I just read today that Man U is going public with stock offerings in U.S. markets.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the old Glasgow Rangers are no more, absolutley shocking story really. They were ruined by an egomaniac who spent money he didnt have, he then sold a huge Toxic Debt for £1 to a little crook who called in the liquidators when the Champions League money was cut off, and he could not pay a Tax Bill. All their history is gone, as ever its the fans who are left with nothing. Thats why im so in favour of the fans owning at least half of any club in order to stop these Idiot owners.

Most right thinking Rangers fans agree the club need punishment for all the mis-deeds, and for the most part they want a fresh start as a New Rangers in Division 3. This would be good for them as they will have to gain promotion through the Divisions by their own merit.

Do you know of these guys? they are my tiny local team they got promoted to the Premier League in May for the first time ever. I hope they do well!:D

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/the-club.aspx

Yeah, we had that discussion somewhere in this thread before and you know that I agree with your view - 50+1 rule is the only chance to protect our clubs and our football history, tradition and culture.

Ross County FC, never heard :eek::D
That's funny and very interesting, thank you for this link.
Looks like I have found my new favorite Scottish Premier League team ! ;)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for them because I love underdog stories.
And thumbs up :tup: for this:
First and foremost this club belongs to the fans. They are the lifeblood of the club and are responsible for where we are today - as such they deserve not only a team but also a club that they can be proud to call their own

Have you been there for a match, PackerFan71 ?
Nice and tiny football stadium :)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read today that Man U is going public with stock offerings in U.S. markets.

Me too, I read they need fresh money to reduce the debts (423m GBP ! ) they have since the Glazers took over the club :rolleyes:

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
Another Premier League, breaking news from Scotland, looks like the end for the Glasgow Rangers.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/07/04/soccer-rangers-idINL3E8I43F220120704

I feel sorry for all Rangers fans though the Club Management deserves that punishment.
Football tradition and a great club is destroyed beause of mismanagement and investors who just wanted to make money. :(

Unfortunately the whole of the Scottish League set up has to be ripped up so we can start again. Too reliant on TV, and the people running the show are at best incompetent. They are trying to fix it so that the new Rangers start in the first division and are virtually guaranteeing them promotion after one season. This is against the feelings of virtually all fans including the Rangers fans.

I was a regular at Scotland games over the last few years but the way the SFA and SPL have acted have put me off the whole thing. My love for Celtic will always be there and I will continue to support them but until there are major changes at the top I am finished with the rest of the Scottish set up.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Unfortunately the whole of the Scottish League set up has to be ripped up so we can start again. Too reliant on TV, and the people running the show are at best incompetent.

The Sky TV deal is an absolute joke, the clubs only get pennies. Thats pretty much why i have also given up on the whole organisation now, and will continue to do so until they sort things out.

Yeah, we had that discussion somewhere in this thread before and you know that I agree with your view - 50+1 rule is the only chance to protect our clubs and our football history, tradition and culture.

Ross County FC, never heard :eek::D
That's funny and very interesting, thank you for this link.
Looks like I have found my new favorite Scottish Premier League team ! ;)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for them because I love underdog stories.
And thumbs up :tup: for this:
First and foremost this club belongs to the fans. They are the lifeblood of the club and are responsible for where we are today - as such they deserve not only a team but also a club that they can be proud to call their own

Have you been there for a match, PackerFan71 ?
Nice and tiny football stadium :)

Cool, we need all the support we can get!:cool:

They are a well run small community club that care for the fans, thats all that matters really.

I havent been as yet as i live a fair distance from them, but im going for a game sometime very soon.

They also upgraded the Stadium recently, new undersoil heating and a 6000+ all seater ground.

Their size is the hook, its easy supporting a bigger club for the glory etc. But its better following a tiny club, because if they do well its more rewarding because its so unexpected. Success for us is this year will be staying in the SPL, something to aim for!;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately the whole of the Scottish League set up has to be ripped up so we can start again. Too reliant on TV, and the people running the show are at best incompetent. They are trying to fix it so that the new Rangers start in the first division and are virtually guaranteeing them promotion after one season. This is against the feelings of virtually all fans including the Rangers fans.

I was a regular at Scotland games over the last few years but the way the SFA and SPL have acted have put me off the whole thing. My love for Celtic will always be there and I will continue to support them but until there are major changes at the top I am finished with the rest of the Scottish set up.

Sad story, isn't it ? Dark days for Scottish football. :(
You propably know that my Club, Hamburg (HSV) and Rangers fans have a friendship and on our "HSV-Supporters Forum" most of us are sad that something like that could happen to a club like the Rangers but the majority feels that it's O.K. and "well deserved".

Btw - I love your signature ! :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Sky TV deal is an absolute joke, the clubs only get pennies. Thats pretty much why i have also given up on the whole organisation now, and will continue to do so until they sort things out.

Cool, we need all the support we can get!:cool:

They are a well run small community club that care for the fans, thats all that matters really.

I havent been as yet as i live a fair distance from them, but im going for a game sometime very soon.

They also upgraded the Stadium recently, new undersoil heating and a 6000+ all seater ground.

Their size is the hook, its easy supporting a bigger club for the glory etc. But its better following a tiny club, because if they do well its more rewarding because its so unexpected. Success for us is this year will be staying in the SPL, something to aim for!;)

Aaah, please keep us informed when you`ve been there and if you liked it and don't forget some pictures ;)
Great, a 6000 + all seater? How sweet :D I love these tiny football stadiums because we dont have them anymore and you wouldn't be allowed to play Bundesliga with a stadium like that.
On the one hand Germany propably has the most modern stadiums in Europe but on the other hand we are loosing real football stadiums with real classic football atmosphere.
There are only a few left like the stadium in Bochum, I always liked to travel there when HSV played Bochum away.
As said - I'll keep my fingers crossed and I will keep an eye on Ross County FC during the next season ! :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aaah, please keep us informed when you`ve been there and if you liked it and don't forget some pictures ;)
Great, a 6000 + all seater? How sweet :D I love these tiny football stadiums because we dont have them anymore and you wouldn't be allowed to play Bundesliga with a stadium like that.
On the one hand Germany propably has the most modern stadiums in Europe but on the other hand we are loosing real football stadiums with real classic football atmosphere.
There are only a few left like the stadium in Bochum, I always liked to travel there when HSV played Bochum away.
As said - I'll keep my fingers crossed and I will keep an eye on Ross County FC during the next season ! :)

Yeah deffo ill do that.

I know its funny, our stadium is like a training ground for a bigger club. :D

Ill let you know how we get on in the league, you never know we might suprise one or two people.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That silly Chelsea player whos name i forget is in court today, about the Racist thing that happened with Anton Ferdinand. Its a joke really even if he loses all he would get is a £2000 fine and a damaged reputation, Ha! hes got no reputation left to damage anyway. Ridiculous.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That silly Chelsea player whos name i forget is in court today, about the Racist thing that happened with Anton Ferdinand. Its a joke really even if he loses all he would get is a £2000 fine and a damaged reputation, Ha! hes got no reputation left to damage anyway. Ridiculous.
That's all ? As written by you - ridiculous :rolleyes:
PSG not interested any more ? :confused:;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same as usual, its gone all quiet. To be honest i think even if he loses Chelsea wont care, they will keep him anyway.:mad:
I am afraid you are right....they won't sell him...:rolleyes:
I'm surprised to read that Il-Sung Park signed a deal with QPR and Mancini signed a new 37 Mill GBP contract with City :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts