EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had no idea you were in wid de Nederlanders, ohh no love lost there. That's a tricky Group to be honest.....:unsure:
England always amuse, they go into every tournament with Godlike certainty that they have a chance of winning.
(Strange really) since they haven't won anything since the Beatles were around.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That's why it is so important to win the first match against Portugal ! :cautious:
And England.....as long there isn't a Russian Linesman around they wont win anything. :sneaky:

Nice article. Mein Hertz schlägt schwarz, rot, gold.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
:tup:
It's time to get ready for Euro 2012 so I will use my lunch break to buy me the new 2012 Germany (Away) jersey....the green one.

http://www.adidas.de/Männer-Germany-Away-Jersey/X21412_700,de_DE,pd.html

Maybe I should take it with me this weekend when travelling to London and wear it while watching Germany playing Portugal this Saturday. :cool:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That's why it is so important to win the first match against Portugal ! :cautious:
And England.....as long there isn't a Russian Linesman around they wont win anything. :sneaky:

:tup:
It's time to get ready for Euro 2012 so I will use my lunch break to buy me the new 2012 Germany (Away) jersey....the green one.

http://www.adidas.de/Männer-Germany-Away-Jersey/X21412_700,de_DE,pd.html

Maybe I should take it with me this weekend when travelling to London and wear it while watching Germany playing Portugal this Saturday. :cool:

Ha! i wasn't going to be all obvious and mention that game directly, probly just as well for them there was no goaline tech back then.

Good choice of shirt, better than the the home version. Adidas using classic design there, im quite partial to that one myself.......
Check this one out, the most German/England looking Scotland shirt iv'e seen. I quite like it.:)
http://www.newkits.co.uk/new-scotland-2012-2014-away-kit-32045.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha! i wasn't going to be all obvious and mention that game directly, probly just as well for them there was no goaline tech back then.

Good choice of shirt, better than the the home version. Adidas using classic design there, im quite partial to that one myself.......
Check this one out, the most German/England looking Scotland shirt iv'e seen. I quite like it.:)
http://www.newkits.co.uk/new-scotland-2012-2014-away-kit-32045.html

That looks great. :tup:
Do you remember all the Fila and Diadora Scotland Jerseys, what a crap...:rolleyes:
If not Umbro, Adidas is the best choice for quality and design.

I also like the home shirt:
http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/catalog/product/view/sid/432345564227592572/

The collar looks nice and remembers me of a Scotland shirt I had many years ago.
Because of the "Tartan-Design" collar I really loved it. I think it was the 98 World Cup Shirt, made by Umbro of course...:)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That looks great. :tup:
Do you remember all the Fila and Diadora Scotland Jerseys, what a crap...:rolleyes:
If not Umbro, Adidas is the best choice for quality and design.

I also like the home shirt:
http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/catalog/product/view/sid/432345564227592572/

The collar looks nice and remembers me of a Scotland shirt I had many years ago.
Because of the "Tartan-Design" collar I really loved it. I think it was the 98 World Cup Shirt, made by Umbro of course...:)

I thought the very first Fila shirt after decades of Umbro was ok, traditional design but after that YUCK!:sick: Diadora omg, cheap and nasty are the operative words.
I'm not Umbro's biggest fan but they make decent but plain shirts, i do quite like Italia 90 shirt, it was voted best one of the tourney shame the team wasn't as good. And as you said France 98 is also cool i have both hanging around somewhere.

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/s/scotland/old-scotland-football-shirt-s15236.html

The new Scotland home shirt i like, and its similar to the Umbro ones mentioned but thats not a bad thing. Adidas are the best kit makers no doubt. What do you make of the HSV home shirt, all white is that the traditional colours?

BTW enjoy London, great City a bit expensive but plenty to see and do. Hope the Schwarz, Rot, Gold, get a win.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the very first Fila shirt after decades of Umbro was ok, traditional design but after that YUCK!:sick: Diadora omg, cheap and nasty are the operative words.
I'm not Umbro's biggest fan but they make decent but plain shirts, i do quite like Italia 90 shirt, it was voted best one of the tourney shame the team wasn't as good. And as you said France 98 is also cool i have both hanging around somewhere.

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/s/scotland/old-scotland-football-shirt-s15236.html

The new Scotland home shirt i like, and its similar to the Umbro ones mentioned but thats not a bad thing. Adidas are the best kit makers no doubt. What do you make of the HSV home shirt, all white is that the traditional colours?

BTW enjoy London, great City a bit expensive but plenty to see and do. Hope the Schwarz, Rot, Gold, get a win.

Thank you ;-)
Aah, and yes, white jersey is traditional colour for our home shirts.
Ups, I have to switch it off for takeoff now.....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Looks like Umbro has a very good PR agency ?! ;)
Btw - great match by Russia!
Maybe we should create a new thread for Euro 2012?

Yes Russia look like a threat, smart kit all red. it reminds me of another team not sure who though.......ha!

Cool, ill start one then.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
...ups, new contract for Di Matteo ?!
Thought they were looking for another manager/coach ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...atteo-confirmed-chelsea-manager?newsfeed=true

What do you think PackerFan71, are you fine with this two year deal or did you prefer another manager?

I think he deserves it, and i am fine with it. Because i think on merit he should at least get a chance after winning the FA Cup and Champions League. He's a Chelsea geezer as they say, Abramovich would have got alot of stick for dumping him after those wins. If Di Matteo messes up now, he messes up, but hes got a go at the job. The domestic league though is where it really matters, thats his next test.........

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he deserves it, and i am fine with it. Because i think on merit he should at least get a chance after winning the FA Cup and Champions League. He's a Chelsea geezer as they say, Abramovich would have got alot of stick for dumping him after those wins. If Di Matteo messes up now, he messes up, but hes got a go at the job. The domestic league though is where it really matters, thats his next test.........

Yepp, and finishing at sixth place is not enough for a club like Chelsea.....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, and finishing at sixth place is not enough for a club like Chelsea.....

Chelsea only started playing after AVB got fired in March, i wasn't a fan of his he was too young and inexperienced. But thats no excuse for the senior Pro's, they didn't take him seriously. They were not trying. Disgusting.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chelsea only started playing after AVB got fired in March, i wasn't a fan of his he was too young and inexperienced. But thats no excuse for the senior Pro's, they didn't take him seriously. They were not trying. Disgusting.
Agree ! It's a shame.But it's always the easiest way to fire the manager/coach.:mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
mhnessie Did you hear about Rangers? on Thursday the company and all their history is now gone. They have been liquidated. A Newco or New Company has been formed and has to apply for SPL membership, this will hopefully be rejected and they will have to start in Div 3 like anyone else. They now have no Cups no Titles ziltch all gone. The SPL fixture list for next season has no Rangers just Club 12. I don't care about the Football team at all, but its not their fans fault. As always its the fans who suffer when the money people mess up and run away. Fan ownership is the only way to go in my opinion for all clubs.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
mhnessie Did you hear about Rangers? on Thursday the company and all their history is now gone. They have been liquidated. A Newco or New Company has been formed and has to apply for SPL membership, this will hopefully be rejected and they will have to start in Div 3 like anyone else. They now have no Cups no Titles ziltch all gone. The SPL fixture list for next season has no Rangers just Club 12. I don't care about the Football team at all, but its not their fans fault. As always its the fans who suffer when the money people mess up and run away. Fan ownership is the only way to go in my opinion for all clubs.

PackerFan71 - thanks for this Information, that's a sad story.
Scottish Premier League without the Glasgow Rangers, - somehow unthinkable and I feel very sorry for Rangers fans.
I do not know if fan ownership is the only way but we definitely need a financial rules and commitments in all European Leagues.
As you maybe know, most of our clubs are "owned" by fans/clubmembers and here in Germany most of the fans are fighting against tries to abandon the rule that a investor is only allowed to hold minority interests ("50+1 rule")
But this 50+1 rule could be going to court soon because Martin Kind, president of Hannover 96, says that it is against european law.
But I think a huge majority of german football fans dont want to have their favorite clubs overtaken by sheikhs or american Investors...
And I believe this is the reason why German Bundesliga tickets are still affordable compared with the English Premier League for example.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fixtures for the new season have been released:
Could be a good start for Chelsea, two home games in a row...;)

Saturday, August 18th, 2012

Arsenal v Sunderland
Everton v Manchester United
Fulham v Norwich City
Manchester City v Southampton
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City
Reading v Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool
West Ham United v Aston Villa
Wigan Athletic v Chelsea

Saturday, August 25th, 2012

Aston Villa v Everton
Chelsea v Newcastle United
Liverpool v Manchester City
Manchester United v Fulham
Norwich City v Queens Park Rangers
Southampton v Wigan Athletic
Stoke City v Arsenal
Sunderland v Reading
Swansea City v West Ham United
Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion
Saturday, September 1st, 2012

Chelsea v Reading
Liverpool v Arsenal
Manchester City v Queens Park Rangers
Newcastle United v Aston Villa
Southampton v Manchester United
Swansea City v Sunderland
Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City
West Bromwich Albion v Everton
West Ham United v Fulham
Wigan Athletic v Stoke City

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
PackerFan71 - thanks for this Information, that's a sad story.
Scottish Premier League without the Glasgow Rangers, - somehow unthinkable and I feel very sorry for Rangers fans.
I do not know if fan ownership is the only way but we definitely need a financial rules and commitments in all European Leagues.
As you maybe know, most of our clubs are "owned" by fans/clubmembers and here in Germany most of the fans are fighting against tries to abandon the rule that a investor is only allowed to hold minority interests ("50+1 rule")
But this 50+1 rule could be going to court soon because Martin Kind, president of Hannover 96, says that it is against european law.
But I think a huge majority of german football fans dont want to have their favorite clubs overtaken by sheikhs or american Investors...
And I believe this is the reason why German Bundesliga tickets are still affordable compared with the English Premier League for example.

Yeah i know of the German ("50+1 rule") a combination of moneymen and supporters is the best way, its not perfect but i think its a good thing. As it keeps prices affordable for fans and multi billionaires away, the fact is simple ticket prices to watch my team are ridiculous. I hope that your rule is not wiped away. Thats my only fear about Chelsea, if and when Abramovich walks away what then?? at least if we had fan ownership the club would be ours. And thats one reason i like the Packers, the fans own the whole organisation, Great.

Who knows how Chelsea will do, hopefully a decent start after Drogba left.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i know of the German ("50+1 rule") a combination of moneymen and supporters is the best way, its not perfect but i think its a good thing. As it keeps prices affordable for fans and multi billionaires away, the fact is simple ticket prices to watch my team are ridiculous. I hope that your rule is not wiped away. Thats my only fear about Chelsea, if and when Abramovich walks away what then?? at least if we had fan ownership the club would be ours. And thats one reason i like the Packers, the fans own the whole organisation, Great.

Who knows how Chelsea will do, hopefully a decent start after Drogba left.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons for me too.
That's why the Packers are so special, why they do have the best fans and why everybody who loves the Packers is proud of the team, history and the whole organisation.
Did I mention that I'm a shareholder as well ? ;):cool:

I do not know exact details about Chelsea and their financial background but I always thought Abramovich invests his private money to buy players and owning a football club like Chelsea is more or less his a hobby ?!
Different are people like the Glazers, Gillet and Hicks or now the new Liverpool Owner - New England Sports Ventures.
These are all investors, they want to make money. To me simply disgusting because football isn't only business, it's a part of our culture.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, that's one of the main reasons for me too.
That's why the Packers are so special, why they do have the best fans and why everybody who loves the Packers is proud of the team, history and the whole organisation.
Did I mention that I'm a shareholder as well ? ;):cool:

I do not know exact details about Chelsea and their financial background but I always thought Abramovich invests his private money to buy players and owning a football club like Chelsea is more or less his a hobby ?!
Different are people like the Glazers, Gillet and Hicks or now the new Liverpool Owner - New England Sports Ventures.
These are all investors, they want to make money. To me simply disgusting because football isn't only business, it's a part of our culture.

Nope you did not! thats real cool, its my ambition to get one of those in a frame one day!:tup:
Absolutley correct spot on! thats pretty much what he said just after he took control. And he did save us from going to the wall. I do at least like his honesty in saying that, and i think for the most part he would not deliberatley harm the club. Because i think he is a fan, and doesn't use us as a cash cow and that is something at least. Gazers, Hicks, etc they are not fans they are very bad for the game. Football is part of our culture amem to that.

mhnessie whats your thoughts on HSV next season? do you think they can push on up the Table? I think also when the league starts, we should make a Bundesliga thread.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope you did not! thats real cool, its my ambition to get one of those in a frame one day!:tup:
Absolutley correct spot on! thats pretty much what he said just after he took control. And he did save us from going to the wall. I do at least like his honesty in saying that, and i think for the most part he would not deliberatley harm the club. Because i think he is a fan, and doesn't use us as a cash cow and that is something at least. Gazers, Hicks, etc they are not fans they are very bad for the game. Football is part of our culture amem to that.

mhnessie whats your thoughts on HSV next season? do you think they can push on up the Table? I think also when the league starts, we should make a Bundesliga thread.

HSV next season ? Hmmm, it's a difficult situation. We need to sell some players to buy us new ones, but at the moment nobody is interested. Guerrero, Drobny and some other players are on the market.
I am convinced that it is the right way to give young players more time on the field, but we also need experienced players and leaders.
We have to wait until the Euro 2012 final has been played, the markets are quiet now.
But HSV has never been relegated and I am sure we never will. ;)
How about Chelsea, who will be the next "Drogba" ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
HSV next season ? Hmmm, it's a difficult situation. We need to sell some players to buy us new ones, but at the moment nobody is interested. Guerrero, Drobny and some other players are on the market.
I am convinced that it is the right way to give young players more time on the field, but we also need experienced players and leaders.
We have to wait until the Euro 2012 final has been played, the markets are quiet now.
But HSV has never been relegated and I am sure we never will. ;)
How about Chelsea, who will be the next "Drogba" ?

I was just suprised how low in the table and near the relegation zone they were for a club of their standing, in a transition period obviously. If your good enough your old enough, its always the best way making your own players.
Easy there will not be a next Drogba, he was one of a kind infuriating at times but always a goalscorer. Hulk form Porto was mentioned, but PSG in Paris are now interested so his value has gone through the roof. Torres should get a chance, people forget it took Drogba nearly three years before he really fitted in. But if Torres does not cut it, its nobodys fault but his im afraid.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just suprised how low in the table and near the relegation zone they were for a club of their standing, in a transition period obviously. If your good enough your old enough, its always the best way making your own players.
Easy there will not be a next Drogba, he was one of a kind infuriating at times but always a goalscorer. Hulk form Porto was mentioned, but PSG in Paris are now interested so his value has gone through the roof. Torres should get a chance, people forget it took Drogba nearly three years before he really fitted in. But if Torres does not cut it, its nobodys fault but his im afraid.

I think Torres is a very good striker, Chelsea should be patient.
Btw - I read Juventus placed an 24 Million GBP bid for Torres ?
What do you think, sell or keep him ?
Money could be used for Hulk instead....
And today I also read that Chelsea staff damaged the Champions League Trophy ?! :eek::rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think Torres is a very good striker, Chelsea should be patient.
Btw - I read Juventus placed an 24 Million GBP bid for Torres ?
What do you think, sell or keep him ?
Money could be used for Hulk instead....
And today I also read that Chelsea staff damaged the Champions League Trophy ?! :eek::rolleyes:

I would say Keep Torres give him at least a year see how things go, Chelsea were built to supply Drogba. Now hes moved on we should build to supply Torres.

Hulk, not so sure about him i haven't seen him much but he comes with a decent reputation i would go for him at the right price, If PSG want to spend 42 million on him by all means let him go there.......

I know, how stupid you would think after taking so long for us to get it they would want to treat it well. I bet someone is in deep doo doo Over that one! :confused::rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts