EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yowza!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Nice gif ! :tup::)
Never thought that Cardiff could strike back after Dzeko scored for City.
Amazing and impressive atmosphere.
But unfortunately the nickname "Bluebirds" doesnt fit anymore since their Owner changed their team colours into red last summer.:rolleyes:
Anyway - great match !
Any predictions for tomorrow PackerFan71 ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nice gif ! :tup::)
Never thought that Cardiff could strike back after Dzeko scored for City.
Amazing and impressive atmosphere.
But unfortunately the nickname "Bluebirds" doesnt fit anymore since their Owner changed their team colours into red last summer.:rolleyes:
Anyway - great match !
Any predictions for tomorrow PackerFan71 ?

Thanks found a few different ones.
They are still the Bluebirds if i was a fan id still wear blue.
Id take a draw right now of any type, ManU don't have Sir Alec anymore but their attack is very good.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks found a few different ones.
They are still the Bluebirds if i was a fan id still wear blue.
Id take a draw right now of any type,
ManU don't have Sir Alec anymore but their attack is very good.

Agree, while watching the game I saw many fans still wearing blue shirts....

A draw sounds very likely to me, both teams will need more time to find their rythm.
I hope they air it on TV so that I can watch.... ;)

Edit: Hilarious signature, PackerFan71. Did they chant it in Wembley two weeks ago ? :D

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree, while watching the game I saw many fans still wearing blue shirts....

A draw sounds very likely to me, both teams will need more time to find their rythm.
I hope they air it on TV so that I can watch.... ;)

Edit: Hilarious signature, PackerFan71. Did they chant it in Wembley two weeks ago ? :D

Ha yeah thats where i got it from, sometimes too much political correctness at Football.
Louder than them on their own patch.

In contrast with this one where the sporting rivalry is a little more friendly, (yes i know its them.) But couldn't find any Germany clips, been a while since we played. ;)

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice videos, the Dutch always bring a lot of fans with them. Thats indeed impressive.
But to me Scottish and Irish fans are on the top, its a shame that they dont have National teams that match these outstanding fans ! ;)
German fans are not even close to that level of support though we arent bad.
Nice pictures and video as well:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ahead-Scotland-v-England-football-match.html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nice videos, the Dutch always bring a lot of fans with them. Thats indeed impressive.
But to me Scottish and Irish fans are on the top, its a shame that they dont have National teams that match these outstanding fans ! ;)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ahead-Scotland-v-England-football-match.html

Yeah our team is not that good at the moment, but our fans are world class. Notice the lack of violence or aggro. Nice pictures on the link.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah our team is not that good at the moment, but our fans are world class. Notice the lack of violence or aggro. Nice pictures on the link.
That makes them special and is something you and your fellow Scots can be very proud of ! :tup::)
I just love their passion though they wont win anything in the near future.
I wonder when we met the Scottish National team for the last time....?
Edit: Just found out - 2003 :rolleyes:
http://www.weltfussball.de/spielbericht/em-qualifikation-2002-2003-gruppe-5-deutschland-schottland/

Its about time to play at least a friendly soon.... ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That makes them special and is something you and your fellow Scots can be very proud of ! :tup::)
I just love their passion though they wont win anything in the near future.
I wonder when we met the Scottish National team for the last time....?
Edit: Just found out - 2003 :rolleyes:
http://www.weltfussball.de/spielbericht/em-qualifikation-2002-2003-gruppe-5-deutschland-schottland/

Its about time to play at least a friendly soon.... ;)

Just as well for us its not about winning silverware, i watched that game wee Berti was the coach. The first game was 1-1 both competitive games. We should have made it 2-2. :)

That would be cool you'd get a good game.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Here in the states, the fans haven't caught on to how to really get into the game with the team for some reason. You don't hear much singing or chanting, unless it's a national game then the worn out and arrogant "USA USA USA" come out. I wish our MLS team fans would take a page out of your books and start really having fun together at a game. But that is just the problem, I think. Americans are too individualistic. I think the fans in Seattle are catching on, but that's about the only MLS fans so far that are even a shadow of what you have in Europe. Some of my best fun watching your games is listening to the songs and chants of the fans in the background. That's just plain fun.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in the states, the fans haven't caught on to how to really get into the game with the team for some reason. You don't hear much singing or chanting, unless it's a national game then the worn out and arrogant "USA USA USA" come out. I wish our MLS team fans would take a page out of your books and start really having fun together at a game. But that is just the problem, I think. Americans are too individualistic. I think the fans in Seattle are catching on, but that's about the only MLS fans so far that are even a shadow of what you have in Europe. Some of my best fun watching your games is listening to the songs and chants of the fans in the background. That's just plain fun.

It will take some more time to develop a football (soccer) culture, Croak.
Its still a pretty young sport in the US compared to the history of the game here in Europe.
And when talking about chants of fans and as said before - British fans are second to none !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Some Celtic nutters singing at each other, i think they won the league at this game.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some Celtic nutters singing at each other, i think they won the league at this game.
That would explain the inflatable champagne bottles ;)
Quite popular in our stadiums as well - one stand starts with the chant, the other stands answer like an echo.
I dont know an english word for it, the translation of the German word we use would be "antiphonies" but Im pretty sure there must be another word for it that I dont know, sorry. :oops:

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A come on, John T*** in the starting eleven, doesnt Chelsea have a better centre-back ? :rolleyes:
But Schürrle starts and Rooney as well....
Edit: Nice shot by Oscar...

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
That would explain the inflatable champagne bottles ;)
Quite popular in our stadiums as well - one stand starts with the chant, the other stands answer like an echoe.
I dont know an english word for it, the translation of the German word we use would be "antiphonies" but Im pretty sure there must be another word for it that I dont know, sorry. :oops:

I like that kind of singing very cool, its a newish thing to the fans here introduced by the Ultra wannabe types. I'm sure there's a term for it in english.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
A come on, John T*** in the starting eleven, doesnt Chelsea have a better centre-back ? :rolleyes:
But Schürrle starts and Rooney as well....
Edit: Nice shot by Oscar...

Yeah Luiz, he's injured or suchlike i think. T*** s a liability.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
oooooh, Jose is searching his pen, in his jacket? none. In his trouser pockets, none. Ah, found it - nice pictures :D
Rooney chants ! Looks like the fans dont want him to leave ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
oooooh, Jose is searching his pen, in his jacket? none. In his trouser pockets, none. Ah, found it - nice pictures :D
Rooney chants ! Looks like the fans dont want him to leave ?

I'm listening to it online. :) No recognised striker for Chelsea, oh joy.

Members online

Latest posts