EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't think they didn't deserve it. They came through when they needed to. But I definitely think they were outplayed. It amazes me as well that Bayern took all those shots, some of them normally easy, and just missed the freaking goal. It's like there was an invisible forcefield there or something. Those guys normally could have made many of those shots in their sleep.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hanging on at times yes, outhought and demoralised no. Why would a Coach take off an attacking midfielder/striker who has just scored deep in the game? fair enough do it if you are 3-0 up but at 1-0? either overconfidence and arrogance or just foolishness. Crazy, obviously they thought that CFC incapable of scoring by full time.

Müller was desperatley needed in the 30 min extra time and penalties he could well have made all the difference. Bayern have a history of this, they took off Matthaus in the 99'' CLF in similar circumstances and they lost that game also. One day they might learn.......i think the situation got to them in the end, because they could not hit a barn door with all the attempts on goal.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hanging on at times yes, outhought and demoralised no. Why would a Coach take off an attacking midfielder/striker who has just scored deep in the game? fair enough do it if you are 3-0 up but at 1-0? either overconfidence and arrogance or just foolishness. Crazy, obviously they thought that CFC incapable of scoring by full time.

Müller was desperatley needed in the 30 min extra time and penalties he could well have made all the difference. Bayern have a history of this, they took off Matthaus in the 99'' CLF in similar circumstances and they lost that game also. One day they might learn.......i think the situation got too them in the end, beacuse they could not hit a barn door with all the attempts on goal.

I noticed that Jupp sits Mueller a lot. It frustrates me because I really like Mueller. During the Bundesliga season it surprised me how often Mueller was on the bench. This game might have had different results if Lowe was coaching.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I noticed that Jupp sits Mueller a lot. It frustrates me because I really like Mueller. During the Bundesliga season it surprised me how often Mueller was on the bench. This game might have had different results if Lowe was coaching.

I remember Müller from when Germany beat England in 2010 and was suitably impressed with him, one other player who looked quite good was the Bayern Goalkeeper. He looks useful i wouldn't mind seeing him at Chelsea if and when Petr Čech moves on.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Croak, I am sorry, but you are wrong. ;)
Thomas Mueller played all 34 games in the Bundesliga and came from the bench only one time this season !
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/thomas-mueller/leistungsdaten/spieler_58358_2011.html
I am sorry that this site is in german only, but the green arrow shows the number of games a player comes from the bench.
However, he will play a very important role in our National team system and with him we will have a good chance to win the European Soccer Championship euro 2012.
@ PackerFan71: I guess you are scottish, are you ? Another Euro Cup without Scotland, I am missing the Scottish Team and especially the scottish fans. :(

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thomas Mueller played all 34 games in the Bundesliga and came from the bench only one time this season !
http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/thomas-mueller/leistungsdaten/spieler_58358_2011.html
I am sorry that this site is in german only, but the green arrow shows the number of games a player comes from the bench.
However, he will play a very important role in our National team system and with him we will have a good chance to win the European Soccer Championship euro 2012.
@ PackerFan71: I guess you are scottish, are you ? Another Euro Cup without Scotland, I am missing the Scottish Team and especially the scottish fans. :(

Huh. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to the games I watched. Maybe it was that one game that stuck out to me and I thought more of it than I thought. Mueller didn't play in today's friendly against Netherlands either. I still suspect something is going on.

I speak German, so no need to apologize. I noticed on the chart that he was on the bench for 1 Bundesliga game. But he spent bench time in 4 UEFA games.

And upon further review of all those charts, it appears he started in 33 of the 34 Bundesliga games but was pulled in a bunch of them, sometimes as early as the 50's in minutes.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie Yes indeed im from Scotland we have not been to a major finals since France 98 thats too long, but to be honest we haven't deserved to be at one. The players just havent been good enough. On the other hand our fans are imho the best there are, win lose or draw we just want to have fun. Ill be supporting Germany at the Euros, hope they do well.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sepp Blatter and FIFA what a joke, apparently he now thinks that penalties are a 'Tragedy' and he wants too find an alternative. Give us a break Blatter, you only realise now what most of us have known for well over 20 years?

If a certain Bavarian football team had won a recent game on Penalties i doubt very much if we would be hearing anything about a rule change. And who has been challenged with finding an alternative? non other than Mr Bayern himself ''Der Keiser'' Franz Beckenbauer. :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If you don't have the penalties a game could go on way too long and unnecessarily endanger the players. Fatigue can lead to injuries. I can't think of any better alternative than what they have now.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Even though Chelsea won on Penalties, i would personally like an alternative, a Goalden Goal in extra time for me would be better and if no goal a replay. I say this because i have experienced defeat as a fan in ECLF 08' it wasn't pretty.

Your right about games going on and on, but look at what happens in Ice Hockey. Players on the sidelines with drips in their arms, why should soccer players be any different? Its just the complete ''lottery'' that is the Penalty Shootout that i've never been fully in favour of. But those are the rules.

To quote one Twitter user: “Penalty Shootouts are football’s great levellers. Don’t need to fix what’s not broken. We need an alternative to Sepp Blatter.” Well, that pretty much sums it up, doesn’t it?

Nice link, enjoyed the read.

This article is from Chelsea fan Giles Smith

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/ColumnistsDetails/0,,10268~2786935,00.html

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Watching Huddersfield vs. Sheffield United right now. Looks like they are going into penalties.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
With a clueless manager technically inept players, and 11 call offs. Only 5-1 against a nation that doesn't even like the game. I'm a little disapointed you didn't make double figures. :roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was interested to see what kind of discipline Jürgen Klinsman instilled in them. The US team is typically undisciplined, physical, and selfish. They looked like he is making a difference.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You would expect discipline from a German, he cant be any worse than Berti Vogts. Vogts got nowhere as Scotland coach, not even discipline and tactics can counteract a squads lack of natural talent and imagination.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I keep hoping for the day when the US will catch up with the rest of the world in this sport.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well too be honest if i were a USA soccer fan id be pretty pleased, you have made the second round and quarter finals of Word Cups. Thats not at all bad considering its a minority sport there, its our national game and we have never managed that.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well too be honest if i were a USA soccer fan id be pretty pleased, you have made the second round and quarter finals of Word Cups. Thats not at all bad considering its a minority sport there, its our national game and we have never managed that.

That's ok. We folks in the States can't make real Scotch, nor can we toss logs well.;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would expect discipline from a German, he cant be any worse than Berti Vogts. Vogts got nowhere as Scotland coach, not even discipline and tactics can counteract a squads lack of natural talent and imagination.

Hey, hey - are you talking bad about "our" one and only - "Berti Vogts" ? :mad:
To be honest - he is one of the worst coaches (Bundestrainer) we ever had, nobody took him seriously, even the players did not.... ;)
Right before the World Cup in the US a popular german comedian did a song about him.
Croak - how good is your german ? Enjoy ! :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Juergen Klinsmann definitely will improve the US Team, and I hope there will be a strong Scottish team as well soon. I have always been a huge fan of the Scottish Team, I still have some jerseys at home ! ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
To be honest - he is one of the worst coaches (Bundestrainer) we ever had, nobody took him seriously, even the players did not.... ;)
Right before the World Cup in the US a popular german comedian did a song about him.

Juergen Klinsmann definitely will improve the US Team, and I hope there will be a strong Scottish team as well soon. I have always been a huge fan of the Scottish Team, I still have some jerseys at home ! ;)

My German is fair. I can get around in the country on my own ok. I used to arrange certain conferences between folks in PA and folks in Berlin-Brandenburg. We once held meetings in Wuppertal too. I can usually read basic German magazines and papers. Sometimes I miss words but the context usually helps me figure it out.

I used to listen to Die Prinzen music in order to brush up. Lol. Küssen Verboten....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Poor wee Berti i quite liked him, even though he wasn't very good. You Guys won Euro 96 with him as Coach, but it was no doubt the players that won it inspite of wee Berti not because of him. :D Scotland have had a few good scraps with Germany over the years, Mexico 86' and Sweden 92' and a couple of qualifiers also come to mind.

We need a new coach that knows what hes doing, 5-1 versus the Mighty (Ahem) USA is proof of that. It might be some time before you see us at a Euros or World Cup unfortunatley. I also collect Shirts, got a few from our very short tournaments mostly.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My German is fair. I can get around in the country on my own ok. I used to arrange certain conferences between folks in PA and folks in Berlin-Brandenburg. We once held meetings in Wuppertal too. I can usually read basic German magazines and papers. Sometimes I miss words but the context usually helps me figure it out.

I used to listen to Die Prinzen music in order to brush up. Lol. Küssen Verboten....

Wuppertal and Prinzen music, thats hard ?! :eek::D
So did you use the Suspension Line ?
If you will be back in Germany one day - don't miss Hamburg, the most beautiful city in our country :tup:
Because you like soccer and maybe also interesting to improve your German - The 11 Freunde magazine ? Do you know that ?
It's a great soccer magazine with interesting stories about German, British and World Soccer.
There also is a website: http://www.11freunde.de/

Poor wee Berti i quite liked him, even though he wasn't very good. You Guys won Euro 96 with him as Coach, but it was no doubt the players that won it inspite of wee Berti not because of him. :D Scotland have had a few good scraps with Germany over the years, Mexico 86' and Sweden 92' and a couple of qualifiers also come to mind.

We need a new coach that knows what hes doing, 5-1 versus the Mighty (Ahem) USA is proof of that. It might be some time before you see us at a Euros or World Cup unfortunatley. I also collect Shirts, got a few from our very short tournaments mostly.

I think Scotland has to improve their work with young talents and maybe there is a chance that this will happen because clubs, especially like the Rangers and Celtic, don't have that money anymore to buy expensive foreign players and that hopefully will force them to give young talents more time on the field.
When Ireland had a chance to qualify there should be a chance for Scotland as well soon ! :tup:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts