EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Still dont think Mourinho will go back there for some reason.
My moneys on an outsider.. Joachim Low (German National team manager). Heard there may be rumours of Jupp Heynckes (Bayern Manager) taking the German job in the summer since he's being replaced with Pep, and Low could be on his way to the Bridge.

Well to be honest who knows i'm too long in the tooth to believe all the hype and spiel, i hope and think its Mourinho who will return but ill only believe it when the deal is done. Most sports journalists do talk a load of ****.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still dont think Mourinho will go back there for some reason.
My moneys on an outsider.. Joachim Low (German National team manager). Heard there may be rumours of Jupp Heynckes (Bayern Manager) taking the German job in the summer since he's being replaced with Pep, and Low could be on his way to the Bridge.
No way that Jogi is leaving the National Team before the World Cup in Brazil.
And in case that Bayern wins the Champions League Title I wouldnt be surprised if Heynckes retires, he's 68 now.
So I still believe that Jose will return to Stamford Bridge.

Btw - I would dare to bet that Pep wont be the manager of Bayern Munich for longer than half a year. ;)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
No way that Jogi is leaving the National Team before the World Cup in Brazil.
And in case that Bayern wins the Champions League Title I wouldnt be surprised if Heynckes retires, he's 68 now.
So I still believe that Jose will return to Stamford Bridge.

Btw - I would dare to bet that Pep wont be the manager of Bayern Munich for longer than half a year. ;)

You may be on to something there, it may be a AVB-Chelsea all over again.

Anyway, on to more important news, Wolves will be playing in the 3rd tier of English football next season. What a right royal f*** up it has been. Rebuild needed over the summer.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Anyway, on to more important news, Wolves will be playing in the 3rd tier of English football next season. What a right royal f*** up it has been. Rebuild needed over the summer.

If i was a fan id be furious, ineptitude of the highest order from those in charge.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that.
Being relegated twice in two successive seasons is shocking.
I hope this time the rebuild will be done better and the Wolves will be back soon.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys, this is football and football is a contact sport.
No doubt its a foul, perhaps a yellow card but a red card ? :eek:
Anyway, foul and histrionics were stupid and unnecessary....:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Come on guys, this is football and football is a contact sport.
No doubt its a foul, perhaps a yellow card but a red card ? :eek:
Anyway, foul and histrionics were stupid and unnecessary....:rolleyes:

When i first saw it in slow mo i thought thats serious he deserved it, but its obvious there was contact but Luis made a meal of it. This is where good refs earn their crust, in retrospect give the Man U player a stern warning and book Luis for bad acting. But to be honest i don't care its only Man U, :p sick of them. In. FM13 I took charge of Tottenham after a routine sacking by Abramovich. I led the league until the second last day, then injuries mounted up they overtook me 86-88 pts. :mad::eek::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
When i first saw it in slow mo i thought thats serious he deserved it, but its obvious there was contact but Luis made a meal of it. This is where good refs earn their crust, in retrospect give the Man U player a stern warning and book Luis for bad acting. But to be honest i don't care its only Man U, :p sick of them. In. FM13 I took charge of Tottenham after a routine sacking by Abramovich. I led the league until the second last day, then injuries mounted up they overtook me 86-88 pts. :mad::eek::D

Thats no surprise :D

You are managing the Spurs ? :eek:
Shame on you, I would never take over Werder Bremen or St. Pauli, not even in a computer game :sneaky:;)
I didnt find time to play FM since friday :(
But on Thursday is another holiday and this should give me some more time to continue my season.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats no surprise :D

You are managing the Spurs ? :eek:
Shame on you, I would never take over Werder Bremen or St. Pauli, not even in a computer game :sneaky:;)
I didnt find time to play FM since friday :(
But on Thursday is another holiday and this should give me some more time to continue my season.

Ha yes i am! it had to be done i'm afraid after being sacked so soon by you know who, call it revenge.:sneaky: They gave me a one year deal and were afraid id walk away after the first year, nice to know your wanted.;)
More fool him, on my last save i took Spurs to the Nou Camp and won 0-1. :eek:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

All teams dive sometimes. But when a player dives at a crucial pount and grins about it, it makes the whole team look bad. The manager should have a stern talk with him and some punishment.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
All teams dive sometimes. But when a player dives at a crucial pount and grins about it, it makes the whole team look bad. The manager should have a stern talk with him and some punishment.

I agree in an ideal world yes, but in football its dog eat dog. He was not doubt commended by the coach for getting the player sent off.

This guy is spot on.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/07/colin...-are-entitled-to-hate-rafael-benitez-3715647/

Breaking news could have huge implications, or perhaps just rubbish........
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-United-manager-before-end-of-the-week.html

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So Sir Alex has decided he'll retire at the end of the season. Step forward Jose Mourinho, Fergie will make it his personal mission to make sure this happens, trust me.

Shucks. I was just beginning to understand his accent. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree in an ideal world yes, but in football its dog eat dog. He was not doubt commended by the coach for getting the player sent off.

This guy is spot on.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/07/colin...-are-entitled-to-hate-rafael-benitez-3715647/

Breaking news could have huge implications, or perhaps just rubbish........
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-United-manager-before-end-of-the-week.html

Nice article and interesting view on it.
Fortunately this episode will soon be over. :tup:

Sir Alex retiring ? Thats really breaking news, I thought he would manage ManU at least until his 80 th birthday :eek: ;)
I guess Mourinho now can choose where he wants to sign in England.
Wouldnt be surprised if ManU starts to negotiate with him immediatley.
But propably they are already in talks since weeks or months.....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So Sir Alex has decided he'll retire at the end of the season. Step forward Jose Mourinho, Fergie will make it his personal mission to make sure this happens, trust me.

I think Deano should get his CV in there he might be in with a shout.;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nice article and interesting view on it.
Fortunately this episode will soon be over. :tup:

Sir Alex retiring ? Thats really breaking news, I thought he would manage ManU at least until his 80 th birthday :eek: ;)
I guess Mourinho now can choose where he wants to sign in England.
Wouldnt be surprised if ManU starts to negotiate with him immediatley.
But propably they are already in talks since weeks or months.....

And hes a Liverpool fan, yeah bang on.

Nothing would suprize me including Mourinho getting it, but id put my money on Davie Moyes at Everton. Ferguson i think handpicked him for the job. Seems Ferguson wants to go out on a high, hes left the club in a better way than he found it all those years ago. As a Scot i'm pleased he will go down in history as one of the best, if not the best manager ever.

Seems like a lifetime ago.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15580808

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
And hes a Liverpool fan, yeah bang on.

Nothing would suprize me including Mourinho getting it, but id put my money on Davie Moyes at Everton. Ferguson i think handpicked him for the job. Seems Ferguson wants to go out on a high, hes left the club in a better way than he found it all those years ago. As a Scot i'm pleased he will go down in history as one of the best, if not the best manager ever.

Seems like a lifetime ago.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15580808

What a career, lots of interesting stories to read about Sir Alex in German media as well.
And indeed looks like David Moyes will follow Sir Alex.
Btw - watching Chelsea - Tottenham, very interesting game and now..aah...Dang- 2-2 Tottenham, goal by Sigurdsson
Unnecessary, Chelsea could have scored another goal before but that happens if you dont convert your goalscoring opportunities.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What a career, lots of interesting stories to read about Sir Alex in German media as well.
And indeed looks like David Moyes will follow Sir Alex.
Btw - watching Chelsea - Tottenham, very interesting game and now..aah...Dang- 2-2 Tottenham, goal by Sigurdsson
Unnecessary, Chelsea could have scored another goal before but that happens if you dont convert your goalscoring opportunities.

He was an enigma hard as nails competitive and tactical, but at the same time away from football he was totally different. He knew everyone at the club from the Chairman to the cleaners and treated them all the same. The Glazers apparently didn't want Mourinho apparently they think he's trouble......Moyes is cut from similar wood as Ferguson.

Yeah you can play like Brazil or not as the case may be, but all that means nothing if you don't put the ball in the net. The tactical approach needs sorting out, at least there will be someone who will do something about that soon.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/07/jose-mourinho-staying-real-madrid-chelsea

So Mourinho has to get them to voluntarily let him go? If he quits before 2016 he has to pay 20 million? Wowser.

Good find Croak, although when you have a billionaire who wants you 20 million is like 20 bucks. Real don't like him the feeling is mutual. John staying in the Beatles is as likely.

His job remit was to stop the Liverpool dominance, mission accomplished i guess........As much as i cant stand Man U hats off to the guy.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And so it Begins............:rolleyes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...naldo-nears-return-Alex-Ferguson-retires.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was an enigma hard as nails competitive and tactical, but at the same time away from football he was totally different. He knew everyone at the club from the Chairman to the cleaners and treated them all the same. The Glazers apparently didn't want Mourinho apparently they think he's trouble......Moyes is cut from similar wood as Ferguson.

Yeah you can play like Brazil or not as the case may be, but all that means nothing if you don't put the ball in the net. The tactical approach needs sorting out, at least there will be someone who will do something about that soon.

Sounds like a perfect fit for ManU ;)

Yepp, especially Ramires had enough possibilities. :rolleyes:
What do you think about Kyle Walker ? He just caught my attention with his speed and aggressive style.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good find Croak, although when you have a billionaire who wants you 20 million is like 20 bucks. Real don't like him the feeling is mutual. John staying in the Beatles is as likely.

His job remit was to stop the Liverpool dominance, mission accomplished i guess........As much as i cant stand Man U hats off to the guy.

And so it Begins............:rolleyes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...naldo-nears-return-Alex-Ferguson-retires.html

In Germany there is a saying that "money doesnt score goals" (Geld schiesst keine Tore), so this statistics seem to prove that this is wrong, money scores goals and wins titles. Its as easy as that. :rolleyes:

Sir Alex retires, a new manager for ManU, Mourinho and Ronaldo maybe both return to their old clubs, looks like there is an exciting transfer window ahead of the EPL... :eek::)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts