EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Croatia have got a number of things right, more hunger for the game, more natural talent and better coaching.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21976588

Ask any English or Welsh fan and they would quite rightly say the same, its only non football types such as Sepp Blatter that want a GB football team.:sneaky:

*As far as i can see you either bite the bullet and commit to the technology or you risk the inevitable human error. The next time there is a disputed goal in the CL Final Platini will be feeling like an idiot.
*Big games only though

Ahh nice you found some, that should keep you going for a bit.:tup:

Sounds like a good gig, shes excellent. Open air in August? yeah should be just fine.;)

Yes CFC are at Southampton tomorrow should be a win even for Benitez, :cautious: tricky for County Killie are no pushovers ill play safe and go for a draw.

Guess who has been poking around his old Manor.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rank-Lampard-wants-Jose-Mourinho-Chelsea.html

Well, players should concentrate on their job and not making (club) politics but with or without Jose returning to Stamford Bridge - CFC should offer Lampard a new contract soon.
As said before, he is still one of the best and he loves the club. What are they waiting for ? :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, players should concentrate on their job and not making (club) politics but with or without Jose returning to Stamford Bridge - CFC should offer Lampard a new contract soon.
As said before, he is still one of the best and he loves the club. What are they waiting for ? :rolleyes:

I think Lampard is like the heart and soul of that team. It would be a change of epic proportions if they let him go.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its in the nature of the beast, the CFC dressing room is one of the most factional in football. I know of no other team that can play as badly for the first half of a season, change the Coach and then somehow win a Champions League.:confused: Mourinho is the Godfather and Lampard is Michael Corleone, i digress great movie anyway. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG Martin O'Neill sacked by Sunderland, what on earth happened there? class manager. I thought he would turn them into a very good side, just didn't happen.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ONeill-dismal-run-leaves-point-drop-zone.html
And now di Canio shall be one of the contenders to follow him ?
An openly facist ? Disgusting !
Anyway - I think we will see O'Neill in charge somewhere else soon. Maybe Chelsea if the Mourinho plan doesnt work out ?;)
Would he fit at Chelsea?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
And now di Canio shall be one of the contenders to follow him ?
An openly facist ? Disgusting !
Anyway - I think we will see O'Neill in charge somewhere else soon. Maybe Chelsea if the Mourinho plan doesnt work out ?;)
Would he fit at Chelsea?

When teams sack coaches this time of the year it means they are in deep doodoo, chances are they will get relegated now. I question the sanity of any owner to take on that lunatic, but it wont stop some club from hiring him no doubt.:rolleyes:
If you asked me the question O'Neill or Benitez id bite your hand off and have taken O'Neill. He's enigmatic and requires big spending on quality players, Something Abramovich could easily supply but sadly i think he's off CFCs radar.

As suggested.......good luck Sunderland you will need it.:speechless:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21990117

In a separate development the BBC says the following:
Labour MP *David Miliband has resigned from the board of Sunderland FC because of new manager Paolo Di Canio's "past political statements". Mr Di Canio has previously claimed to be "a fascist, not a racist".

*Brother of the leader of the opposition and is of Jewish heritage.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
When teams sack coaches this time of the year it means they are in deep doodoo, chances are they will get relegated now. I question the sanity of any owner to take on that lunatic, but it wont stop some club from hiring him no doubt.:rolleyes:
If you asked me the question O'Neill or Benitez id bite your hand off and have taken O'Neill. He's enigmatic and requires big spending on quality players, Something Abramovich could easily supply but sadly i think he's off CFCs radar.

As suggested.......good luck Sunderland you will need it.:speechless:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21990117

In a separate development the BBC says the following:
Labour MP *David Miliband has resigned from the board of Sunderland FC because of new manager Paolo Di Canio's "past political statements". Mr Di Canio has previously claimed to be "a fascist, not a racist".

*Brother of the leader of the opposition and is of Jewish heritage.

May somebody please explain to me how you can be a facist without beeing a racist? :rolleyes:
Nice try Mr. Di Canio.
And the only one who turned this into a political circus is Mr. Di Canio himself by calling Mussolini ""a very principled ethical individual" who was "deeply misunderstood" or doing the Roman salute more than once.
Congratulations, Sunderland AFC ! :rolleyes:

Dang, Ross County with a loss at home but at least Chelsea with a win against ManU ! ;)
Looks like they have a good chance to win the FA Cup.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
May somebody please explain to me how you can be a facist without beeing a racist? :rolleyes:
Nice try Mr. Di Canio.
And the only one who turned this into a political circus is Mr. Di Canio himself by calling Mussolini ""a very principled ethical individual" who was "deeply misunderstood" or doing the Roman salute more than once.
Congratulations, Sunderland AFC ! :rolleyes:

Dang, Ross County with a loss at home but at least Chelsea with a win against ManU ! ;)
Looks like they have a good chance to win the FA Cup.

I got on a long fruitless debate on another forum about this, i cant believe right thinking people can or would condone someone that described themselves as a Fascist. And yes i used that quote also, i was at a loss for words to be honest.:(

I was half expecting that result for County, Killie are one of those awkward difficult sides. Yeah good result today well happy! job half done though Man City next.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got on a long fruitless debate on another forum about this, i cant believe right thinking people can or would condone someone that described themselves as a Fascist. And yes i used that quote also, i was at a loss for words to be honest.:(

I was half expecting that result for County, Killie are one of those awkward difficult sides. Yeah good result today well happy! job half done though Man City next.

As expected, I just read the comments on the BBC website, sad.
What do teachers teach during history classes in UK or did they just pay no attention ?

Yepp, you were right with your prediction but still an awesome saison for Ross County. I guess knowbody could have expected this run by County.
Man City next ? CFC, please kick them out ! ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As expected, I just read the comments on the BBC website, sad.
What do teachers teach during history classes in UK or did they just pay no attention ?

Yepp, you were right with your prediction but still an awesome saison for Ross County. I guess knowbody could have expected this run by County.
Man City next ? CFC, please kick them out ! ;)

I have no idea now, its been close to 30 years since i was in school suffice to say its pretty poor. Their argument was that Italian Fascism was different from that of the Nazis and therefor not as bad. I'm like gimmie a break.:rolleyes: Left me feeling numb afterwards.

I know been amazing! as i said id have taken one point above the relegation zone any day.

Yes indeed i hope we do! :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea now, its been close to 30 years since i was in school suffice to say its pretty poor. Their argument was that Italian Fascism was different from that of the Nazis and therefor not as bad. I'm like gimmie a break.:rolleyes: Left me feeling numb afterwards.

I know been amazing! as i said id have taken one point above the relegation zone any day.

Yes indeed i hope we do! :tup:

Wow, that leaves me speechless. Mussolini was a dictator who suppressed, pursued and killed people.
How is this really different from what ****** did ? :rolleyes:
And this is what comes to my mind when I think of Di Canio, disgusting:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am pretty sure there would be no market for Di Canio in Germany. Anyway, I dont think its a good move for
Sunderland, time will tell. ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow, that leaves me speechless. Mussolini was a dictator who suppressed, pursued and killed people.
How is this really different from what ****** did ? :rolleyes:
And this is what comes to my mind when I think of Di Canio, disgusting:

I am pretty sure there would be no market for Di Canio in Germany. Anyway, I dont think its a good move for
Sunderland, time will tell. ;)

I found this quote i think it sums up the individual in a nutshell, '' Di Canio may be too stupid to really have any idea of what he believes in.''

People gave their lives in the fight against that doctrine, those who say such things don't know how stupid and ignorant they are.

That's understandable for what its worth i think he's going to be a disaster. I could never support a club he was a part of while he was there.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found this quote i think it sums up the individual in a nutshell, '' Di Canio may be too stupid to really have any idea of what he believes in.''

While reading a forum i found this .............''Belief in fascism does not make you a ****, though of course, if you are a **** then you are by definition a fascist.''

However what knocked me over was when this came out ''Belief in the ideology does not mean you necessarily are racist.''

Utterly shocking, People gave their lives in the fight against that doctrine, those who say such things don't know how stupid and ignorant they are.

That's understandable for what its worth i think he's going to be a disaster. I could never support a club he was a part of while he was there.

Mods if any of the above is against forum rules i will delete it.

Must be a cultural thing and perhaps especially because of our german history but you can hardly find similar opinions like the ones you quoted.
And I followed the discussion about Di Canio on kicker.de or spiegel.de and some other popular german sites and most comments completely agree that signing a fascist manager is difficult to imagine for any german club and defintively the wrong decision for Sunderland.

But O.K., back to football.
First day back in the office after my vacation trip and this glorious HSV weekend.
It was like "Runing the gauntlet", horrible :rolleyes:
But it will all pay off in the end, one day there will be another title for us ! ;)
And hey - just read Gers promoted but they dont know what league they will playing in ? :confused:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Must be a cultural thing and perhaps especially because of our german history but you can hardly find similar opinions like the ones you quoted.
And I followed the discussion about Di Canio on kicker.de or spiegel.de and some other popular german sites and most comments completely agree that signing a fascist manager is difficult to imagine for any german club and defintively the wrong decision for Sunderland.

But O.K., back to football.
First day back in the office after my vacation trip and this glorious HSV weekend.
It was like "Runing the gauntlet", horrible :rolleyes:
But it will all pay off in the end, one day there will be another title for us ! ;)
And hey - just read Gers promoted but they dont know what league they will playing in ? :confused:

Im glad to hear it! i think thats because in Germany you have been better educated on the issue, and made well aware of the truth. At first i thought it was a troll but having read a few other opinions i realized it was not. Im going to delete some of it i just wanted to show you it so you could see it.

Please yes back to Football!
Yeah i can imagine it was a bit like that! swings and roundabouts HSV will come good again! :tup:
They got promoted won their league by a mile as expected. The League reconstruction debate is still undecided, on merit they should go up logically but if it goes against them and the 3rd division is increased in size they may yet have to play another season there. But we will see soon enough. And here is the proof their first ever title as a new club.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im glad to hear it! i think thats because in Germany you have been better educated on the issue, and made well aware of the truth. At first i thought it was a troll but having read a few other opinions i realized it was not. Im going to delete some of it i just wanted to show you it so you could see it.

Please yes back to Football!
Yeah i can imagine it was a bit like that! swings and roundabouts HSV will come good again! :tup:
They got promoted won their league by a mile as expected. The League reconstruction debate is still undecided, on merit they should go up logically but if it goes against them and the 3rd division is increased in size they may yet have to play another season there. But we will see soon enough. And here is the proof their first ever title as a new club.

Hmmm, that doesnt make sense to me and it wouldnt be fair.
The Champion should be promoted in any case. :confused:

Ha, their first official title as a new club ? :D
And immediatley added to their official Tropy Room, but it somehow does not fit to all the other championships that are listet.
"Scottish Third Division Winners", still looks strange, doesnt it ? :confused:
http://www.rangers.co.uk/club/history/trophy-room

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm, that doesnt make sense to me and it wouldnt be fair.
The Champion should be promoted in any case. :confused:

Ha, their first official title as a new club ? :D
And immediatley added to their official Tropy Room, but it somehow does not fit to all the other championships that are listet.
"Scottish Third Division Winners", still looks strange, doesnt it ? :confused:
http://www.rangers.co.uk/club/history/trophy-room

True they should be, but Scottish Football has weird stuff going on in it nothing would surprise me.

Technically yes the old company or club is now liquidated and dead due to them going bust.
Fans of other teams now jokingly call Rangers Sevco or Sevconians, (Sevco Scotland Ltd) was the original name of the new company now running as Rangers FC. They are also called Zombie FC back from the dead geddit? ;)

It is a seriously impressive trophy room but sadly or them the continuous history of the club that won all that has gone forever. But despite all that i think for the most part their fans are just glad they still have a club to support, all be it a new one under an old name.
If your interested here is a decent book about the whole story.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
True they should be, but Scottish Football has weird stuff going on in it nothing would surprise me.

Technically yes the old company or club is now liquidated and dead due to them going bust.
Fans of other teams now jokingly call Rangers Sevco or Sevconians, (Sevco Scotland Ltd) was the original name of the new company now running as Rangers FC. They are also called Zombie FC back from the dead geddit? ;)

It is a seriously impressive trophy room but sadly or them the continuous history of the club that won all that has gone forever. But despite all that i think for the most part their fans are just glad they still have a club to support, all be it a new one under an old name.
If your interested here is a decent book about the whole story.

Just checked some reviews and comments , sounds like a polorazing book. :eek::D

"Lies, Damned Lies and Downfall"
"Dire, self indulgent nonsense"
"Sectarian Rubbish"

or

"An eye opener"
"The Truth Hurts"
"Superb Insight Into The Demise of Rangers FC"
Perhaps I should take a look ? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just checked some reviews and comments , sounds like a polorazing book. :eek::D

"Lies, Damned Lies and Downfall"
"Dire, self indulgent nonsense"
"Sectarian Rubbish"

or

"An eye opener"
"The Truth Hurts"
"Superb Insight Into The Demise of Rangers FC"
Perhaps I should take a look ? ;)

Ha i wonder who the first three are supporting? :ninja:
That's normal, welcome to Scottish football! yeppers its so polarized.
Its funny i read some of the reviews on Amazon either 'a work of total fantasy and fiction' or 'a detailed well researched book' I'm going to get it and make my own mind up, not that expensive. "The Truth Hurts" is the one id put my money on.

The people i feel sorry for (a little bit) were the genuine fans but unfortunately for them for the most part they could not see the wood from the trees, and went along with whatever the owners did and said instead of educating themselves and protesting and taking action against them.

Here is the analogy regarding if they are a new club or not.
''Imagine a top title winning sportsman/woman sadly dies, someone else comes along and buys all his/hers trophy's house and assets etc. Does the buyer then become the departed sportsman if they also change their name to that of the other person after the purchase? or is he/she a ''new'' individual owning someone else's history name and winnings.'' - Thats the debate in a nutshell, views are very divided as you can imagine.

Well thats my 10 bucks on the issue. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just found this article, we had this rumor some weeks ago.
Now they say the deal is quite close. Transfer fee shall be around 12-15 m Euros plus
Kevin de Bruyne. :confused:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just found this article, we had this rumor some weeks ago.
Now they say the deal is quite close. Transfer fee shall be around 12-15 m Euros plus
Kevin de Bruyne. :confused:

More horse trading happy with this, he's a better player a good investment. Would have been nice if they had chucked in Marin too. ;) Id also like to see Petr Cech moved on. He's been a great servant and a CFC Legend but hes getting on a bit. Thibaut Courtois who is on loan at Atletico is as good, and much younger id be disappointed if he was let go.

The Pantomime continues......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22043867

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hey nessie check this guy out do you know of him? a huge talent but the big clubs would not go near him with a barge pole. Because they could not handle him, seems they are going to be making a movie of his life. A wasted talent who should have been world class.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21860034

"On the pitch I hate all opponents. I don't give a damn about anyone. People think I'm mad, a lunatic. I am a winner" - Robin Friday

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey nessie check this guy out do you know of him? a huge talent but the big clubs would not go near him with a barge pole. Because they could not handle him, seems they are going to be making a movie of his life. A wasted talent who should have been world class.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21860034

"On the pitch I hate all opponents. I don't give a damn about anyone. People think I'm mad, a lunatic. I am a winner" - Robin Friday

Never heard of him, very interesting guy and story.
Shocking that he died very early but sounds like he prefererred enjoying life instead
having a "world-class career".
The BBC article mentions the latest 442 edition with the cover story "The Unmanageables".
Sounds interesting as well, have you seen it or did you even buy or read it?
If they provide more interesting stories about players like Friday I think I should buy me a copy.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Never heard of him, very interesting guy and story.
Shocking that he died very early but sounds like he prefererred enjoying life instead
having a "world-class career".
The BBC article mentions the latest 442 edition with the cover story "The Unmanageables".
Sounds interesting as well, have you seen it or did you even buy or read it?
If they provide more interesting stories about players like Friday I think I should buy me a copy.

He seems like a cross between Eric Cantona and John Belushi, Balotelli and Gascoigne look like choirboys in comparison. A player from a different time and place. I'm going to get that issue of 4-4-2 when its out no question. :tup:

Members online

Latest posts