EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No that's even worse, snacks don't do it for me real food every time. the secret for long travel journeys is always beer. A few of those and your always there way quicker.:)

Word ! ;) :D

Ryan Giggs is still going strong at 40, why is this even up for debate? give him a 5 year deal.:rolleyes:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-are-ongoing-with-frank-lampard-8521083.html

Or at least a 2 or 3 year deal to make a compromise.
I dont have a doubt that Sir Alex signs him immediately if he's available ! :rolleyes:
And Lampard is still too good to play for a MLS Team....
He can play there after his new 5 year contract with Chelsea expires and with some luck he will meet Ryan Giggs still playing football :D
Sir Stanley Matthews played until he was in his fifties as much as I remember...so why not ? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Word ! ;) :D

Or at least a 2 or 3 year deal to make a compromise.
I dont have a doubt that Sir Alex signs him immediately if he's available ! :rolleyes:
And Lampard is still too good to play for a MLS Team....
He can play there after his new 5 year contract with Chelsea expires and with some luck he will meet Ryan Giggs still playing football :D
Sir Stanley Matthews played until he was in his fifties as much as I remember...so why not ? ;)

Jose is hanging on at Madrid for a few weeks more at least, 2-3 final result. Delighted ManU are out.
Ferguson would have him in a second, and agreed at the moment Lamps is still too good for the MLS.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Man, I'm really looking forward to this Chelsea/Man U match! Both teams feel like they have to prove something. This ought to be a good old fashioned donnybrook!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Man, I'm really looking forward to this Chelsea/Man U match! Both teams feel like they have to prove something. This ought to be a good old fashioned donnybrook!

Yeah bring it on you can't beat a good scrap, don't really who wins care as long as its us.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan71, is Magners your favorite Cider ?
Usually we dont have Cider in Germany, of course we know the french version Cidre and we do have something similar that is called "Apfelwein" (apple-wine, mostly around the Frankfurt area) but we dont get Draught Cider, except in Irish Pubs.

Btw and also completely off topic - I'm just back from Berlin because I had to do some business at the "itb", thats the worlds largest travel fair.
Of course I found some time to visit the Scottish booth.....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and grabbed some brochures:

I wonder how many people are travelling to Scotland and where do they come from. I guess most of them are coming from somewhere in the UK ?

And back on topic:

Will he really leave ManU, where could he go ? Italy ? Another EPL team, Chelsea ? ;) :D
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...y-transfer-Man-Utd-ace-can-leave-for-25m.html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Usually we dont have Cider in Germany, of course we know the french version Cidre and we do have something similar that is called "Apfelwein" (apple-wine, mostly around the Frankfurt area) but we dont get Draught Cider, except in Irish Pubs.

Btw and also completely off topic - I'm just back from Berlin because I had to do some business at the "itb", thats the worlds largest travel fair.

I wonder how many people are travelling to Scotland and where do they come from. I guess most of them are coming from somewhere in the UK ?

And back on topic:

Will he really leave ManU, where could he go ? Italy ? Another EPL team, Chelsea ? ;) :D
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...y-transfer-Man-Utd-ace-can-leave-for-25m.html

Yeah i'm pretty much on Magners these days i move around various types of beverage just for a a bit of variety. Its very popular over here now.
Visit Scotland are the tourist people, looks like they are trying to drum up some trade. They do it everywhere i think.
Strange one somethings amiss there, i thought it was unusual he was not playing from the start against Real. Or it could be the Glazers might just be wanting to reduce their wage bill since RVP is a younger model. Chelsea? mmmmm don't know alot of money for a miss firing player. We have tried that already but it didn't seem to work:cautious:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

And back on topic:

We get lots of Cider here outside of Lancaster County, PA. When you were in Berlin did you get to try any Postdamer Rex Pils?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We get lots of Cider here outside of Lancaster County, PA. When you were in Berlin did you get to try any Postdamer Rex Pils?
No, couldnt get a Rex.
But I had way too many Berliner Kindl Pilsener on Wednesday night at the TUI (UK brands: Thomson, First Choice)
party :confused:;)

@ PackerFan71: Juhu, just arrived on time ! :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No, couldnt get a Rex.
But I had way too many Berliner Kindl Pilsener on Wednesday night at the TUI (UK brands: Thomson, First Choice)
party :confused:;)

@ PackerFan71: Juhu, just arrived on time ! :)

Looking good and no peely felt or plastic rubbish on the badge and logo, ( i used to hate that.) All sewn, Quality! :tup:

I must admit usually i'm usually a Dassler ''Samba'' user but these look nice.
http://www.footballfashionboutique....ound-black-metallic-gold-metallic-silver.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking good and no peely felt or plastic rubbish on the badge and logo, ( i used to hate that.) All sewn, Quality! :tup:

I must admit usually i'm usually a Dassler ''Samba'' user but these look nice.
http://www.footballfashionboutique....ound-black-metallic-gold-metallic-silver.html

Yepp, thats why I think adidas always offers the best quality, defenitely my preferred brand !

Hey, the Beckenbauer Allround are very nice, I'm wearing similar shoes today, do you know "L.A. Trainer" ?
http://www.adidas.de/Männer-LA-Trainer -Turnschuh/V22816_540,de_DE,pd.html?cgid=men-Shoes&cm_vc=SEARCH

So if you like "Samba" shoes you might like the "Special" as well ?
I do have a pair of the blue ones.
http://www.adidas.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-adidas-DE-Site/de_DE/Search-Show?q=spezial

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, thats why I think adidas always offers the best quality, defenitely my preferred brand !

Hey, the Beckenbauer Allround are very nice, I'm wearing similar shoes today, do you know "L.A. Trainer" ?
http://www.adidas.de/Männer-LA-Trainer -Turnschuh/V22816_540,de_DE,pd.html?cgid=men-Shoes&cm_vc=SEARCH

So if you like "Samba" shoes you might like the "Special" as well ?
I do have a pair of the blue ones.
http://www.adidas.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-adidas-DE-Site/de_DE/Search-Show?q=spezial

The 3 stripes is the best for the most part. LA? no don't know them they look chunky and comfortable, ill keep an eye out for a pair of those.:tup:
Ive been a Samba wearer for well over 20 years they just do the job better than the others you can't go wrong with them. I stick with the no nonsense black and white ones.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 3 stripes is the best for the most part. LA? no don't know them they look chunky and comfortable, ill keep an eye out for a pair of those.:tup:
Ive been a Samba wearer for well over 20 years they just do the job better than the others you can't go wrong with them. I stick with the no nonsense black and white ones.
Agree, Sambas are always a good choice.
Exciting game tomorrow, PackerFan71 ? Chelsea at ManU, I have to check if Sky airs the game so that I can watch.
Hope Chelsea beats ManU and reaches the semi-finals. :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree, Sambas are always a good choice.
Exciting game tomorrow, PackerFan71 ? Chelsea at ManU, I have to check if Sky airs the game so that I can watch.
Hope Chelsea beats ManU and reaches the semi-finals. :tup:

Looking forward to it, just hope its a good game. Not too bothered if we lose, a win would be a bonus.

Ross County 3-2 Celtic, good comeback! Celtic were 0-2 up at one stage. The winner came from Steffen Wohlfarth our German Striker on 90 min's, now in the 3rd European spot happy days!:)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21639253

Btw Nessie when your over in the UK next try some Magners and also Irn Bru, its a soft drink and also a hangover pick me up.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking forward to it, just hope its a good game. Not too bothered if we lose, a win would be a bonus.

Ross County 3-2 Celtic, good comeback! Celtic were 0-2 up at one stage. The winner came from Steffen Wohlfarth our German Striker on 90 min's, now in the 3rd European spot happy days!:)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21639253

Btw Nessie when your over in the UK next try some Magners and also Irn Bru, its a soft drink and also a hangover pick me up.

Wow, thats awesome, what a run, 11 games unbeaten :tup::)
Hamburg has to win tomorrow so that we can meet us for a Europa League game in Scotland at Ross County next season. ;)
But to be honest - never heard of Steffen Wohlfarth before :eek::D
He played for Wehen and Ingolstadt in the third tier.

I will try to get me a magners at Heathrow airport next week, maybe I can find a Irn Bru as well ?
But I dont think I will have a hangover again soon, had enough "fun" and beer this week :rolleyes::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow, thats awesome, what a run, 11 games unbeaten :tup::)
Hamburg has to win tomorrow so that we can meet us for a Europa League game in Scotland at Ross County next season. ;)
But to be honest - never heard of Steffen Wohlfarth before :eek::D
He played for Wehen and Ingolstadt in the third tier.

I will try to get me a magners at Heathrow airport next week, maybe I can find a Irn Bru as well ?
But I dont think I will have a hangover again soon, had enough "fun" and beer this week :rolleyes::D

Make it so!;)
Yeah he's obviously from the lower leagues.
You should be able to get it in England, hopefully with all the Cokes and Pepsi's etc. Its our ''other'' national drink. :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Man, I hope, I hope, I hope they televise the Man U/Chelsea match here. Right now the station is just showing a generic "match" name, not naming the teams.

Update; I just checked their Facebook page and they WILL be televising it on my cable! :tup::tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was just reading up on the number of NFL owners involved in the EPL. No wonder your league is getting so expensive.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts