EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you heard the latest about Rangers? due to league reconstruction they could face another season in Division 3 (they are leading by a mile) so their crazy owner now apparently wants out and to join the English league at the lowest level. Hes either mad or a genius.
http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,13040_8400197,00.html

The ugly face of modern football again, its all about business, the owner knows that there is a huge market for them in England as soon as the would promote to the EPL, just think of the latest EPL TV-Deal. :rolleyes:
I wonder how Rangers fans think about this idea.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The ugly face of modern football again, its all about business, the owner knows that there is a huge market for them in England as soon as the would promote to the EPL, just think of the latest EPL TV-Deal. :rolleyes:
I wonder how Rangers fans think about this idea.

Exactly its all about money and the Premiership Pie, From what i know there is no love lost between the SPL and Rangers or it could all be hot air from the Rangers owner we will see. I thought they were a Scottish club, i think they will lose their Scottish identity if they move. However they did change their Name to Rangers International Football Cub, says it all really. Im not sure about how their fans feel about this, if the club is clever they will ask them before any move.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...st-says-Rangers-adapt-English-Conference.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly its all about money and the Premiership Pie, From what i know there is no love lost between the SPL and Rangers or it could all be hot air from the Rangers owner we will see. I thought they were a Scottish club, i think they will lose their Scottish identity if they move. However they did change their Name to Rangers International Football Cub, says it all really. Im not sure about how their fans feel about this, if the club is clever they will ask them before any move.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...st-says-Rangers-adapt-English-Conference.html

Sometimes I am nothing but thankful for the fact that German football is totally different.
Another perfect example why we have to keep up the fight against any try to abandon the 50+1 rule.
As long this rule exists my club is safe from mad owners with weird ideas. :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sometimes I am nothing but thankful for the fact that German football is totally different.
Another perfect example why we have to keep up the fight against any try to abandon the 50+1 rule.
As long this rule exists my club is safe from mad owners with weird ideas. :rolleyes:

Be thankful and keep the rules the way they are, imagine a top German team going bust. Then getting thrown out of the BL and having to ask permission/beg to join the lowest league in the country then arrogantly saying if you don't do as we say then we are going to move to Spain because the competition and money is better there. You could hardly make it up.

Btw do you remember this guy?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mark Mcghee - was appointed Strachan's number two, good move.:)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Can you imagine if they made that the rule for the NFL? Wouldn't it be great?!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be thankful and keep the rules the way they are, imagine a top German team going bust. Then getting thrown out of the BL and having to ask permission/beg to join the lowest league in the country then arrogantly saying if you don't do as we say then we are going to move to Spain because the competition and money is better there. You could hardly make it up.

Btw do you remember this guy?

Mark Mcghee - was appointed Strachan's number two, good move.:)

Of course I do remember him. :tup:
The first Scotsman playing for my club, I was so excited. :D
It was an ungrateful job to replace Horst Hrubesch, a HSV legend, and he failed.
But many other strikers after Mark McGhee failed as well.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you imagine if they made that the rule for the NFL? Wouldn't it be great?!
This would be awesome. Maybe its another cultural thing as well but I never understood how you can just move a team from Baltimore to Indianapolis for example despite of all the tradition and feelings of the fans.
Yeah I know its only a business for the owners, but its a matter of the heart for fans. :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Of course I do remember him. :tup:
The first Scotsman playing for my club, I was so excited. :D
It was an ungrateful job to replace Horst Hrubesch, a HSV legend, and he failed.
But many other strikers after Mark McGhee failed as well.

He should have stayed at Aberdeen, where he helped win them the Cup winners cup. But you could not blame him for giving HSV a try. He came back and played for Celtic and won the double, they had a song for him - ''He's fat he's round he's worth a million pounds Mark Mcghee, Mark Mcghee'':roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should have stayed at Aberdeen, where he helped win them the Cup winners cup. But you could not blame him for giving HSV a try. He came back and played for Celtic and won the double, they had a song for him - ''He's fat he's round he's worth a million pounds Mark Mcghee, Mark Mcghee'':roflmao:

:D I always loved the creativity of British fans and their songs, we dont have something like that in our stadiums.

Exciting game tomorrow, Chelsea against Arsenal.
Liverpool 5-0 and ManCity 2-0, booooh :rolleyes:
QPR spent a lot of money, I wonder if this will be enough to escape Relegation, we all know money doesnt score goals. Does it ? :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:D I always loved the creativity of British fans and their songs, we dont have something like that in our stadiums.

Exciting game tomorrow, Chelsea against Arsenal.
Liverpool 5-0 and ManCity 2-0, booooh :rolleyes:
QPR spent a lot of money, I wonder if this will be enough to escape Relegation, we all know money doesnt score goals. Does it ? :rolleyes:

No you don't have that? shame some of the songs are hysterical and unprintable but usually very funny.:D
Man City zzzzzzzzz, btw a big win away for County 1-4 yay!
Harry 'Houdini' Redknapp has a good record keeping clubs up, it might be a bit tough for him this time but id never bet against him.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No you don't have that? shame some of the songs are hysterical and unprintable but usually very funny.:D
Man City zzzzzzzzz, btw a big win away for County 1-4 yay!
Harry 'Houdini' Redknapp has a good record keeping clubs up, it might be a bit tough for him this time but id never bet against him.

Great ! :tup: How many teams are relegated, one or two ?
Hmm....5 points behind 17th placed Villa, thats manageable, there are still 15 games left.
I am thinking about travelling to London in May or June this year.
When in May I would like to watch an EPL match.
Loftus Road looks nice, I guess it should be easier to get a ticket there than Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs ?!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Great ! :tup: How many teams are relegated, one or two ?
Hmm....5 points behind 17th placed Villa, thats manageable, there are still 15 games left.
I am thinking about travelling to London in May or June this year.
When in May I would like to watch an EPL match.
Loftus Road looks nice, I guess it should be easier to get a ticket there than Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs ?!

One team is relegated and they are 11 points behind, looking good so far.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20996648
QPR is your best bet, or indeed any other Stadium you havent been at yet. I guess but you don't need to ask me where i would go.;)

2-0 not counting my chickens yet but so far so good.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21108616

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
One team is relegated and they are 11 points behind, looking good so far.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20996648
QPR is your best bet, or indeed any other Stadium you havent been at yet. I guess but you don't need to ask me where i would go.;)

2-0 not counting my chickens yet but so far so good.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21108616

I know, I know :D
Will be my first option as well, just think that it will be hard to find affordable tickets for Chelsea.
Because I have been at Craven Cottage and Emirates Stadium I would like to see another stadium.

Richly deserved 2-0 lead at halftime, dont think that Arsenal is able to turn the game around.
btw: Terrible game by Torres....but still on the pitch :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I know, I know :D
Will be my first option as well, just think that it will be hard to find affordable tickets for Chelsea.
Because I have been at Craven Cottage and Emirates Stadium I would like to see another stadium.

Richly deserved 2-0 lead at halftime, dont think that Arsenal is able to turn the game around.
btw: Terrible game by Torres....but still on the pitch :rolleyes:

2-1 as expected the comeback is on the way.:D Torres is a spent force, he needs to move on it just has not worked out for him. The next time i get as far as London i think ill at least do a stadium tour of The Bridge, just to say ive been there.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post on this website, that i stumbled upon a few days ago. No longer in the EPL but i'm a Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) fan.

Still learning the NFL game, so no doubt i'll have more input on this thread.
Welcome Wolf Packer ! :tup: How are the Wolves doing so far this season after beeing relegated last year ?

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Welcome Wolf Packer ! :tup: How are the Wolves doing so far this season after beeing relegated last year ?

Cheers pal,

Not so good, we hired Stale Solbakken in the summer (previously manager of Cologne), didn't go too well, we looked like we may actually get relegated once again to the third tier, and so he was sacked just 2weeks ago, hired a new guy and we've drawn our last 2 games, and deffinately looked alot more 'solid'. Best we can hope for is a mid-table finish this season, then try to push on next year.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fearsome player but stubborn with a temper, some would say a wasted talent he should have been world class. He refused to play for his country which he now regrets. Seems like a decent guy though.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/duncan-ferguson-says-his-crazy-days-858553
Very interesting PackerFan71. :tup:
I'd like having more guys like him working as a coach/manager and help young players to avoid the same mistakes he made though he had a decent career anyway.
We had similar players like him as well - Mario Basler for example.
But I will never ever understand why some players refuse to play for their country.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheers pal,

Not so good, we hired Stale Solbakken in the summer (previously manager of Cologne), didn't go too well, we looked like we may actually get relegated once again to the third tier, and so he was sacked just 2weeks ago, hired a new guy and we've drawn our last 2 games, and deffinately looked alot more 'solid'. Best we can hope for is a mid-table finish this season, then try to push on next year.
Yeah, I hope this works out. It simply needs some time to build a new team.
I think the first season after beeing relegated is the most dangerous one, more than a few teams struggle and are relegated a second time in a row.
I remember Solbakken, isnt it curious sometimes ? Solbakken was highly recommended by many football experts before hired by Cologne. But he failed in Cologne and now, as you wrote, in England as well.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
First post on this website, that i stumbled upon a few days ago. No longer in the EPL but i'm a Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) fan.

Still learning the NFL game, so no doubt i'll have more input on this thread.

Welcome! feel free to chip in we don't bite here that's for Giants and Bears fans only.;) I quite like Wolves and the Legend that is Steve ''Bully'' Bull. Hope your new manager gets you back up to the Premiership.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Very interesting PackerFan71. :tup:
I'd like having more guys like him working as a coach/manager and help young players to avoid the same mistakes he made though he had a decent career anyway.
We had similar players like him as well - Mario Basler for example.
But I will never ever understand why some players refuse to play for their country.

I could not understand either why he boycotted the national team when we qualified for world cups and euros, what a waste. Bayern were interested after his performance against Germany, had overhead kick off the bar so unlucky. A flawed character but he's grown up a bit now so good luck to him.

Members online

Latest posts