EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I wonder how long an average NFL game is in actual on field playing time only, -all the stupid commercials and over analysis and suchlike. In Footy some of the most amazing games have been 0-0 draws superb play but no goals and full of action these games fly by in what seems like 10 mins. Its cultural it must be, i must admit having watched a few NFL games down the years i wish at times i had a real time FF button on the remote.

Some of the games I went to worked like this; if there weren't enough breaks in play for commercials, the officials on the field would halt play for a "commercial time out" and the players would stand around waiting for the refs to start play again.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Some of the games I went to worked like this; if there weren't enough breaks in play for commercials, the officials on the field would halt play for a "commercial time out" and the players would stand around waiting for the refs to start play again.

No wonder you turned to Footy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well guys, I am still disappointed and sad how it all ended for the Packers.
I agree what PackerFan71 wrote - the 49ers were the better team but I still cant believe that we were unable to stop that "One-Trick-Pony" Kaepernick. :mad:
The same play, again, again and again....we did not a have a Defense on the field and I dont know if it was terrible playcalling by Capers, bad execution by our Defense or both :rolleyes:
When we talk about playing time - there is a possibility to watch the "condensed" game with my game pass. That means every single play without commercials. Every game is about half an hour, thats it.;)
All the commercials are a mess, and I agree with PackerFan71 again.
Its a cultural thing and one of the main reasons why Amercian Football wont find more than a small niche in soccer-dominated countries over here in Europe.
Aaah - Arsenal against City now, I should switch on my TV ! ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well guys, I am still disappointed and sad how it all ended for the Packers.
I agree what PackerFan71 wrote - the 49ers were the better team but I still cant believe that we were unable to stop that "One-Trick-Pony" Kaepernick. :mad:
The same play, again, again and again....we did not a have a Defense on the field and I dont know if it was terrible playcalling by Capers, bad execution by our Defense or both :rolleyes:
When we talk about playing time - there is a possibility to watch the "condensed" game with my game pass. That means every single play without commercials. Every game is about half an hour, thats it.;)
All the commercials are a mess, and I agree with PackerFan71 again.
Its a cultural thing and one of the main reasons why Amercian Football wont find more than a small niche in soccer-dominated countries over here in Europe.
Aaah - Arsenal against City now, I should switch on my TV ! ;)

Yeah i think we all are Nessie to score 31 points on the road in the playoffs and still lose says everything about our QB and the Defence. One of them is Elite the other is somewhat less than. Its funny because alot on the Niners board were really worried about the game thinking it was time for some payback from game one.:rolleyes: Not good enough really, i think there will be a fair amount of changes in the post season.
Kapernick for me is really unusual, some say hes just an accident waiting to happen or he's a game changer i'm not so sure as yet time will tell.
Yeah time for some Footy up the ****!;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i think we all are Nessie To score 31 points on the road in the playoffs and still lose says everything about our QB and the Defence. One of them is Elite the other is somewhat less than. Its funny because alot on the Niners board were really worried about the game thinking it was time for some payback from game one.:rolleyes: Not good enough really i think there will be a fair amount of changes in the post season.
Kapernick for me is really unusual, some say hes just an accident waiting to happen or he's a game changer i'm not so sure as yet time will tell.
Yeah time for some Footy up the ****!;)

Early red card for Arsenal, Dzeko missed a penalty and now Milner with the 1-0 lead for City :rolleyes:
Interesting game so far... ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Early red card for Arsenal, Dzeko missed a penalty and now Milner with the 1-0 lead for City :rolleyes:
Interesting game so far... ;)
As i thought, no doubt Balotelli will be showing us all the delights of his Christmas Thermal underwear collection at some point.:eek: :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K., off-topic but I hope you guys like to watch this lastest video from the South American
U20 Championship anyway ?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Great save ! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
O.K., off-topic but I hope you guys like to watch this lastest video from the South American
U20 Championship anyway ?

Great save ! :tup:

Yeah i have saw this last week, amazing double save! the striker should have put more power on it.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Dang, looks like our german media is a little late with this video if you already knew it :confused:
Just found it today on different german websites... :rolleyes:

As far as i can remember i think it was on MSNs main page on the random videos section. you know the ones cat has fight with own reflection etc etc. Or perhaps German media concentrate on serious stories first unlike here in the UK.:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not an easy job but I think a good decision.
Hopefully this is a turn for the better, I 'd like to see Scotland playing a World Cup tournament
soon ! :tup:

World Cup ive almost forgotten what that is.;) I think the team is better than the results suggest, its a double edged sword for the fans. If he gets a decent run together it wouldnt suprise me if hed be away to the next big team in need of a manager like Smith and Mcleish did.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
World Cup ive almost forgotten what that is.;) I think the team is better than the results suggest, its a double edged sword for the fans. If he gets a decent run together it wouldnt suprise me if hed be away to the next big team in need of a manager like Smith and Mcleish did. He talks a good game at least, much more positive then Levein ever was.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21031682

This for me is what is wrong with modern Football, a 24 year old kid with talent who was a huge earner and could not be bothered with his talent what a waste.:mad:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...leased-Manchester-City-pictured-takeaway.html

"...forget that 110 % nonsense..." :D - I like him!
Seems to be a a nice guy and he definitely knows what he is talking about. His career speaks for itself ! :tup:

Well, modern football with media, lots of money and all the expectations very often put too much pressure on young players.
Not all of them can stand it, do you remember Sebastian Deisler, ever heard of him ? Highly talented, played for Bayern Munich and the German National Team. He couldnt stand the pressure and his injuries anymore, developed a depression and finished his career.
Other young players try to escape by going out and drinking alcohol and therefore waste their talent. Clubs should give young players more time to develop. And sometimes I think a salary cap for young players could help as well to keep them down to earth.

Hope for Chelsea ? :eek:;)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/jose-mourinho-chelsea-alert-return

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
"...forget that 110 % nonsense..." :D - I like him!
Seems to be a a nice guy and he definitely knows what he is talking about. His career speaks for itself ! :tup:

Well, modern football with media, lots of money and all the expectations very often put too much pressure on young players.
Not all of them can stand it, do you remember Sebastian Deisler, ever heard of him ? Highly talented, played for Bayern Munich and the German National Team. He couldnt stand the pressure and his injuries anymore, developed a depression and finished his career.
Other young players try to escape by going out and drinking alcohol and therefore waste their talent. Clubs should give young players more time to develop. And sometimes I think a salary cap for young players could help as well to keep them down to earth.

Hope for Chelsea ? :eek:;)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/jose-mourinho-chelsea-alert-return

Thats the thing i like about Strachan hes honest and does not BS you, the Tartan Army love him always have done so i hope it goes well for him. He also nearly played in Germany, Cologne signed on a pre contract when he was with Aberdeen. Then Maure stepped in and grabbed him. Remember this one from the Group of Death 86?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21026709

A young unadvised kid kicking a football about for £25,000 per week is madness. And an accident just waiting. Young players should be educated better by teams and not paid anywhere near that amount of money. What i call pressure is an out of work man with three kids and a wife to feed and a rent to pay that's pressure. Most Footballers don't know how lucky and spoiled they are, the real world does not exist for them. Seb Deisler yes that name rings a bell shame he was good from what i remember.
I live in hope Jose returns to the Bridge well i can dream.;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Another totally off topic link enjoy.:)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the thing i like about Strachan hes honest and does not BS you, the Tartan Army love him always have done so i hope it goes well for him. He also nearly played in Germany, Cologne signed on a pre contract when he was with Aberdeen. Then Maure stepped in and grabbed him. Remember this one from the Group of Death 86?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21026709

A young unadvised kid kicking a football about for £25,000 per week is madness. And an accident just waiting. Young players should be educated better by teams and not paid anywhere near that amount of money. What i call pressure is an out of work man with three kids and a wife to feed and a rent to pay that's pressure. Most Footballers don't know how lucky and spoiled they are, the real world does not exist for them. Seb Deisler yes that name rings a bell shame he was good from what i remember.
I live in hope Jose returns to the Bridge well i can dream.;)

Of course, awesome. :tup:
Time flies.....nice hairstyle :D

Sometimes dreams come true, I am sure Chelsea will be his No. 1 option if he returns to England.
I guess Abramovich still has his mobile phone number !? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Of course, awesome. :tup:
Time flies.....nice hairstyle :D

Sometimes dreams come true, I am sure Chelsea will be his No. 1 option if he returns to England.
I guess Abramovich still has his mobile phone number !? ;)

Ha yes the Mullet haircut is gone and hes not so Ginger two good moves i think.;)

He's still friends with Abramovich, and yes your right they do talk apparently.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha yes the Mullet haircut is gone and hes not so Ginger two good moves i think.;)

He's still friends with Abramovich, and yes your right they do talk apparently.

...the legendary 80's again... :D
http://www.jolie.de/bildergalerien/fussballer-frisuren-das-beste-aus-40-jahren-2005704.html
http://www.jolie.de/bildergalerien/fussballer-frisuren-das-beste-aus-40-jahren-2005690.html

But only perfect with a moustache :tup: :roflmao:
http://www.jolie.de/bildergalerien/fussballer-frisuren-das-beste-aus-40-jahren-2005702.html

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What was it with the German national side back then? superb follical sillyness.
OMG Breitner and Keegan were bad influences on each other.:)
Although Voller topped the lot permed blonde mullet and tache classy!
Here he is in even more clarity.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was it with the German national side back then? superb follical sillyness.
OMG Breitner and Keegan were bad influences on each other.:)
Although Voller topped the lot permed blonde mullet and tache classy!
Here he is in even more clarity.
:roflmao:
And this is his style nowadays

No curly hair anymore but still keeps his tache. ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:roflmao:
And this is his style nowadays

No curly hair anymore but still keeps his tache. ;)

He's looking a bit more respectable now, although the tache needs to go.:cool:

A couple more
Phil Thompson, Liverpool

Alan Sunderland, Arsenal

:confused::roflmao:

Members online

Latest posts