EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Im not sure about that one could be true you never know, but Lamps has a TV presenter type girlfriend who im sure won't be too pleased with moving to China. He's going to move on sooner or later and ill wish him well when he does, but id have thought the MLS would be a better option for him. Here could be his replacement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-January-swoop-for-Arsenals-Theo-Walcott.html

Cashley Bole could be heading to PSG in the summer, good player shame about his character.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not sure about that one could be true you never know, but Lamps has a TV presenter type girlfriend who im sure won't be too pleased with moving to China. He's going to move on sooner or later and ill wish him well when he does, but id have thought the MLS would be a better option for him. Here could be his replacement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-January-swoop-for-Arsenals-Theo-Walcott.html

Cashley Bole could be heading to PSG in the summer, good player shame about his character.

Propably a better option for his girlfriend as well ;)
But looks like that money isn't a problem for some chinese clubs, 250.000 GBP/week - not bad:eek:

Theo Walcott would be an excellent choice for Chelsea, he is an experienced player although he is still pretty
young :tup:

Btw - as much as I remember you didn't order NFL Game Pass to watch the Packers games, am
I right ?
Just asking because today I found an interesting thread in a german sports forum by chance how to watch NFL games, man there's always a way...... :eek::rolleyes::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Propably a better option for his girlfriend as well ;)
But looks like that money isn't a problem for some chinese clubs, 250.000 GBP/week - not bad:eek:

Theo Walcott would be an excellent choice for Chelsea, he is an experienced player although he is still pretty
young :tup:

Btw - as much as I remember you didn't order NFL Game Pass to watch the Packers games, am
I right ?
Just asking because today I found an interesting thread in a german sports forum by chance how to watch NFL games, man there's always a way...... :eek::rolleyes::D

That Chinese football bubble is gonna burst, crazy money spent on older players.:confused:

Yep id get Gamepass if it was at a reasonable price, but not at one they are asking for it. As long as its legit sounds interesting.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Chinese football bubble is gonna burst, crazy money spent on older players.:confused:

Yep id get Gamepass if it was at a reasonable price, but not at one they are asking for it. As long as its legit sounds interesting.

I think it's a legal grey area as much as I understand it. ;)
You can try to find more informations by using "game pass" and "netherlands" with google search.

Hmmmm......Barca also tries to sign Neymar:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...mar-after-barcelonas-dani-alves-gets-involved

Next transfer period will be an exciting one for Chelsea I guess ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think it's a legal grey area as much as I understand it. ;)
You can try to find more informations by using "game pass" and "netherlands" with google search.

Hmmmm......Barca also tries to sign Neymar:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...mar-after-barcelonas-dani-alves-gets-involved

Next transfer period will be an exciting one for Chelsea I guess ;)

Ill check it out, but im alway a bit wary of those type of online loops usually a catch.

I saw a price quoted for Neymar £85m!!!! at that i think Barca can have him and make their debt even higher.

Yeah there should be a few comings and goings in the next transfer window, age reduction hopefully not at the expense of talent. I start with this fellow we need a striker!
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-after-opening-talks-over?source=breakingnews

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill check it out, but usually if they say its free it usually isn't.

I saw a price quoted for Neymar £85m!!!! at that i think Barca can have him and make their debt even higher.

Yeah there should be a few comings and goings in the next transfer window, age reduction hopefully not at the expense of talent. I start with this fellow we need a striker!
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-after-opening-talks-over?source=breakingnews

Me too.
Although I have already subscribed I am curious if it works, in german forums there are posts from End of October where they say it works as long as you use a vpn.

85mGBP is crazy, let Barca have him and increase their debts to a new all time high :rolleyes:;)
Falcao is awesome, I think he guarantees at least 15 goals per season, great striker.
Sometimes I wish Hamburg could afford players like him, maybe in my next life....;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Me too.
Although I have already subscribed I am curious if it works, in german forums there are posts from End of October where they say it works as long as you use a vpn.

85mGBP is crazy, let Barca have him and increase their debts to a new all time high :rolleyes:;)
Falcao is awesome, I think he guarantees at least 15 goals per season, great striker.
Sometimes I wish Hamburg could afford players like him, maybe in my next life....;)
As you know its a double edged sword, better to stay within your means than end up like Rangers.
If Chelsea get Falcao and i had my way id send Torres over to HSV, i think at a club that fits him he could suprise us all and be a regular scorer again horses for courses. BTW how is Michael Mancienne doing these days, is he still the squad player i always thought he was?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you know its a double edged sword, better to stay within your means than end up like Rangers.
If Chelsea get Falcao and i had my way id send Torres over to HSV, i think at a club that fits him he could suprise us all and be a regular scorer again horses for courses. BTW how is Michael Mancienne doing these days, is he still the squad player i always thought he was?

Oh yes, please send him over :tup: Our number 1 striker at the moment is Artjom Rudnevs and he still needs some time to settle in.
Michael Mancienne has found his place in our starting lineup and I like him although his abilities are limited and he isn't the type of a modern defence player like Ramos or Piqué.
But he is a solid choice and a very reliable defender.
I prefer him over Paul Scharner, who tried to substitute Mancienne because of a flu last weekend and was sent off with a yellow-red card after 35 minutes :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh yes, please send him over :tup: Our number 1 striker at the moment is Artjom Rudnevs and he still needs some time to settle in.
Michael Mancienne has found his place in our starting lineup and I like him although his abilities are limited and he isn't the type of a modern defence player like Ramos or Piqué.
But he is a solid choice and a very reliable defender.
I prefer him over Paul Scharner, who tried to substitute Mancienne because of a flu last weekend and was sent off with a yellow-red card after 35 minutes :rolleyes:

Ha well, ill see what i can do.;)
Michael Mancienne was farmed out very early at Chelsea, he plays decent but top level? agreed not quite. But he might improve, time will tell at least hes getting games.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Some say he's worth £85m i beg to differ, however if the Packers are ever after a kicker..........;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan71, 1:2 against West Brom :eek:
What happened ?
Arsenal wins 5:2, Podolski and Mertesacker scored and Reading 2-1 against Everton, interesting results so far this afternoon.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Could you guys explain relegation to me a little more. If a team was promoted this season and they end up the year with a dismal record, will they be dropped back down or is there a couple year "grace" period?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could you guys explain relegation to me a little more. If a team was promoted this season and they end up the year with a dismal record, will they be dropped back down or is there a couple year "grace" period?

The three lowest placed teams are relegated, regardless when they were promoted.
Germany is nearly similar, the two lowest placed teams are relegated and the third lowest team plays against the 3rd best team of 2. Bundesliga.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
PackerFan71, 1:2 against West Brom :eek:
What happened ?
Arsenal wins 5:2, Podolski and Mertesacker scored and Reading 2-1 against Everton, interesting results so far this afternoon.

Well im disappointed obviously with the result nessie, but not totally suprised by it. Steve Clarke West Brom's coach knows Chelsea inside out from his time at Stamford Bridge, plus the fact he's very good at his job. He's perfect for West Brom a team with little expectation, he will do very well with them. I keep saying it but Chelsea for me need a stronger spine, the defence, midfield, and attack is not as good as last season in my opinion. Di Matteo better get the team winning again or he will be gone.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well im disappointed obviously with the result nessie, but not totally suprised by it. Steve Clark West Brom's coach knows Chelsea inside out from his time at Stamford Bridge, plus the fact he's very good at his job. He's perfect for West Brom a team with little expectation, he will do very well with them. I keep saying it but Chelsea for me need a stronger spine, the defence, midfield, and attack is not as good as last season in my opinion. Di Matteo better get the team winning again or he will be gone.

Well during a long season every team, even the best, will have ups and downs.
And very often the games against obviously weaker clubs are the dangerous ones.
I assume they would have played better against City or Arsenal.
Do you really think Di Matteo has to go if Chelsea doesn't win the Championship?
Maybe he has to go anyway at the end of season, Pep Guardiolo is still available ;)
I hope Chelsea will be on track soon, I couldn't stand another City Championship :mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well during a long season every team, even the best, will have ups and downs.
And very often the games against obviously weaker clubs are the dangerous ones.
I assume they would have played better against City or Arsenal.
Do you really think Di Matteo has to go if Chelsea doesn't win the Championship?
Maybe he has to go anyway at the end of season, Pep Guardiolo is still available ;)
I hope Chelsea will be on track soon, I couldn't stand another City Championship :mad:

Oh humm looks like my little prediction came sooner than even i expected, the Champions League loss to Juve was the final straw for Abramovich. Its ridiculous that a club can win the CL and FA Cup and the same manager in charge is sacked six months later, utterly ruthless decision. Half the team has left, and the replacements haven't done well enough Results, Results, Results, get a few bad ones and your gone if your at CFC. It took Alex Ferguson nearly three years before he won anything at Manu im thinking they are a bit glad they kept him. No continuity is the main issue i think, no time to get a new developing squad to gel makes me ever so slightly annoyed at Abramovich.:mad: Would Pep Guardiolo need all that? im not sure i would if i was him with such a fickle owner.:cautious: I hope that one day democracy and common sense comes to my club.......dream on.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh humm looks like my little prediction came sooner than even i expected, the Champions League loss to Juve was the final straw for Abramovich. Its ridiculous that a club can win the CL and FA Cup and the same manager in charge is sacked six months later, utterly ruthless decision. Half the team has left, and the replacements haven't done well enough Results, Results, Results, get a few bad ones and your gone if your at CFC. It took Alex Ferguson nearly three years before he won anything at Manu im thinking they are a bit glad they kept him. No continuity is the main issue i think, no time to get a new developing squad to gel makes me ever so slightly annoyed at Abramovich.:mad: Would Pep Guardiolo need all that? im not sure i would if i was him with such a fickle owner.:cautious: I hope that one day democracy and common sense comes to my club.......dream on.

Wow - from red to blue.....Rafa Benitez is back, that's crazy !:eek:
Well if you work for a club like Chelsea with an owner like Abramovic you shouldn't expect too much patience ;)
And I agree, there is a reason why Sir Alex has become the most successful manager in British football.
They gave him the time he needed to build and develop a new ManU Team and since then many players left and arrived but he's still successful with ManU.
Same example in Germany, after Ernst Happel HSV never had patience with their managers, Werder Bremen had Otto Rehagel for 14 years and Thomas Schaaf for 13 years.
The result - 3 Bundesliga Championships and several DFB Pokal ("FA Cup") titles for Bremen, no Championships for Hamburg in the same period of time:rolleyes: :mad:
So democracy doesn't guarantee anything, if there are too many people who try to have a say it's a problem as well. That's what we have in Hamburg ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow - from red to blue.....Rafa Benitez is back, that's crazy !:eek:
Well if you work for a club like Chelsea with an owner like Abramovic you shouldn't expect too much patience ;)
And I agree, there is a reason why Sir Alex has become the most successful manager in British football.
They gave him the time he needed to build and develop a new ManU Team and since then many players left and arrived but he's still successful with ManU.
Same example in Germany, after Ernst Happel HSV never had patience with their managers, Werder Bremen had Otto Rehagel for 14 years and Thomas Schaaf for 13 years.
The result - 3 Bundesliga Championships and several DFB Pokal ("FA Cup") titles for Bremen, no Championships for Hamburg in the same period of time:rolleyes: :mad:
So democracy doesn't guarantee anything, if there are too many people who try to have a say it's a problem as well. That's what we have in Hamburg ;)

Its not going to work the Chelsea supporters will not take to or accept Benitez, he may be a very nice fellow and suchlike but he is a Liverpool manager and always will be. I never rated him when he was at Liverpool, they were a cup team who got lucky one time in a CL Final. Abramovich has really lost it with that appointment.:confused: Its a common cycle with him, hire a coach in the summer if he fails get rid of him in october november. hire a new coach and so it goes on..........stupid.
Continuity breeds success, but if you have more money than Solomon who cares about that. The owner lives on a different planet to the rest of us. Oh i dont know about that but if we fans had a bit of a say in thing perhaps CFC would manage to hold onto a coach for about a full season one time shock horror!!!!! Its a fine line to tread, either a one man billionaire egomaniac or a democratic gridlock what a choice.;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very important game for Chelsea this weekend.
I think a win against City is desperately needed to stay in the race.
PackerFan71, I cross my fingers, as I wrote before - I simply don't like City ! :mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Very important game for Chelsea this weekend.
I think a win against City is desperately needed to stay in the race.
PackerFan71, I cross my fingers, as I wrote before - I simply don't like City ! :mad:

Who knows where this seasons going to go now for CFC, suffice to say i dont think very far with Benitez due to fan reaction from things he has said about Chelsea in the past. Plus the fact he was never even close to winning the Premiership with Liverpool. At least Robbie Di Matteo was a Chelsea boy. But strange things can happen in Football as you know, and id be delighted if we somehow beat City. (Annoying team beyond words.):cautious:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Who knows where this seasons going to go now for CFC, suffice to say i dont think very far with Benitez due to fan reaction from things he has said about Chelsea in the past. Plus the fact he was never even close to winning the Premiership with Liverpool. At least Robbie Di Matteo was a Chelsea boy. But strange things can happen in Football as you know, and id be delighted if we somehow beat City. (Annoying team beyond words.):cautious:

Boy, the Chelsea fans apparently really gave it to Raf at that game. I didn't get to see the game, but it must have been a zinger.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Boy, the Chelsea fans apparently really gave it to Raf at that game. I didn't get to see the game, but it must have been a zinger.

They made it quite clear to him he's not wanted, apparently he thinks he can win us over no chance. id get my coat if i was him. Benitez ignorantly described Chelsea as a little club with no history and no passion when he was at Liverpool. So im glad hes getting special treatment from CFCs fans. Ill support my team forever, that does not mean i have to like the joker in charge at the moment. Benitez who?:confused:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another weekend with intersting results, Arsenal lost against Swansea and the Hammers beat Chelsea 3-1. :eek:
I can't believe it, it's even getting worse for Chelsea.
Well, doesn't look like Rafa Benitez will be Chelsea coach until the end of the season if it goes on like this...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts