EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Unnecessary loss, 2-3 :mad::(
We had enough chances to win but we did not take the opportunities.
And we had to play with one player less because of an unwarranted red card.
Anyway - defense is still terrible but the midfield looks much better now.
There are strong opponents we have to play within the next 3 weeks (Dortmund, Gladbach, Hannover) but after these games it should be easier for us to climb up the table.

Mmmm early days, but bad decisions even themselves out over a season usually.

Better to get the hard games out of the way now, they wont be as difficult later on. Think positive!:tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched a really interesting documentary on Liverpool F.C. Even though they are not my team it was a good watch, Brendan Rodgers comes across a very decent genuine guy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Good player id take him no doubt.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207014/Chelsea-keen-Sergio-Ramos.html?openGraphAuthor=/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Sportsmail+Reporter

Oh, I love documentaries like that, maybe I can find the whole documetary somewhere in the web ?
Some years ago I watched a documentary about Barca, very interesting as well.

No doubt that Sergio Ramos would improve Chelsea's defense immediately.
Didn't know that Mourinho doesn't want him anymore. Maybe a chance to pay less as usual for a player like him ?
What do you think about "The Special One"....I don't like him, he's a bigmouth :rolleyes:

Chelsea 1:0:tup:, Ross County 1:2 :(

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, I love documentaries like that, maybe I can find the whole documetary somewhere in the web ?
Some years ago I watched a documentary about Barca, very interesting as well.

No doubt that Sergio Ramos would improve Chelsea's defense immediately.
Didn't know that Mourinho doesn't want him anymore. Maybe a chance to pay less as usual for a player like him ?
What do you think about "The Special One"....I don't like him, he's a bigmouth :rolleyes:

Chelsea 1:0:tup:, Ross County 1:2 :(

Try this link, not so sure if it works outside the UK.
http://www.channel5.com/shows/being-liverpool/episodes/episode-1-469

Yes he would, and we need that badly class player.​
Jose was brilliant if i ever met him id shake his hand, id have him back at Chelsea in a second. The big mouth was part of the ''act,'' he took all the pressure off the players with it. He was not like that with them, totally different like a father figure and he knew how to motivate and encourage and get the best from them. They love him to bits, i agree its easy for other clubs fans to see him as an arrogant loudmouth which of course he was but only with the media who probly deserved it anyway. ''The Special One'' remark was classic, he knew what he was doing when he said it, it wound people up and put all the pressure on his shoulders. Oh and he won us our first title in 50 years also so hes like a God at Chelsea even now.​
Ashley Cole our deadly striker got the goal!:rolleyes: I cant tell you how much we need a striker that can actually do what he's paid to do ........score. Nevermind still top.​
Ah bum County's run had to come to an end sometime, they have done really well.​

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Try this link, not so sure if it works outside the UK.
http://www.channel5.com/shows/being-liverpool/episodes/episode-1-469

Yes he would, and we need that badly class player.​
Jose was brilliant if i ever met him id shake his hand, id have him back at Chelsea in a second. The big mouth was part of the ''act,'' he took all the pressure off the players with it. He was not like that with them, totally different like a father figure and he knew how to motivate and encourage and get the best from them. They love him to bits, i agree its easy for other clubs fans to see him as an arrogant loudmouth which of course he was but only with the media who probly deserved it anyway. ''The Special One'' remark was classic, he knew what he was doing when he said it, it wound people up and put all the pressure on his shoulders. Oh and he won us our first title in 50 years also so hes like a God at Chelsea even now.​
Ashley Cole our deadly striker got the goal!:rolleyes: I cant tell you how much we need a striker that can actually do what he's paid to do ........score. Nevermind still top.​
Ah bum County's run had to come to an end sometime, they have done really well.​
Awesome, thank you PackerFan71 ! Of course it did not work, I had to change my IP-location from Germay to UK.
Now it works perfectly ! ;)
Steven Gerrard seems to be a humble guy !

There's no doubt that Mourinho is one of the best coaches/managers nowadays.
I have read so many stories and articles about him and all agree with your point that his big mouth is part of his strategy to take the pressure off the players. But sometimes his conspiracy theories get on my nerves :sneaky:
Some years ago I stood right beside him in Chelsea but I did not dare to talk to him or even asking him for an autograph. I'm a coward :rolleyes::D

Ashley Cole ! :eek:
Anyway, Chelsea got their three points.
Who could play instead Torres, does Chelsea really have no other options ?
Yeah, wont be the last loss for County

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you PackerFan71 ! Of course it did not work, I had to change my IP-location from Germay to UK.

I have read so many stories and articles about him and all agree with your point that his big mouth is part of his strategy to take the pressure off the players. But sometimes his conspiracy theories get on my nerves :sneaky:
Some years ago I stood right beside him on a street in Chelsea but I did not dare to talk to him or even asking him for an autograph. I'm a coward :rolleyes::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Some years ago I stood right beside him in Chelsea but I did not dare to talk to him or even asking him for an autograph. I'm a coward :rolleyes::D

It worked? cool! there is a few more of them to come so have a look for another epoisode after next Friday.
Gerrard does seem suprisingly down to earth and normal, which is nice to see as he's always been an opponent for me for club and country.

I know what you mean hes a bit like Wenger in that respect, i couldnt resist that i wouldn't have asked for his autograph myself just a thank you Sir! I hope he would never do it but, even if he joined Man U at some point id still like him.

Sturridge is the only real option i can see, as they loaned out Drogba MKII to West Brom and hes got 3 goals already. I think they will be busy in the transfer market in the New Year.

Annoying the other team got the winner in like 86mins.

Mmmmmm an interesting development, jumping before being pushed Perhaps?............for me he should have done this about a year ago and apologised for his foolishness. But in his case the elevator doesn't reach the top floor.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19695430

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It worked? cool! there is a few more of them to come so have a look for another epoisode after next Friday.
Gerrard does seem suprisingly down to earth and normal, which is nice to see as he's always been an opponent for me for club and country.

I know what you mean hes a bit like Wenger in that respect, i couldnt resist that i wouldn't have asked for his autograph myself just a thank you Sir! I hope he would never do it but, even if he joined Man U at some point id still like him.

Sturridge is the only real option i can see, as they loaned out Drogba MKII to West Brom and hes got 3 goals already. I think they will be busy in the transfer market in the New Year.

Annoying the other team got the winner in like 86mins.

Mmmmmm an interesting development, jumping before being pushed Perhaps?............for me he should have done this about a year ago and apologised for his foolishness. But in his case the elevator doesn't reach the top floor.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19695430

Yepp, I will have a look next Friday, thanks for your help ! :tup:

Did they loan out Lokaku for the whole season or only until the winter transfer period ?
Looks like Chelsea should have kept him...

Bye bye Mr. Terry ! :sneaky::tup:
I still believe that there is no smoke without fire.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, I will have a look next Friday, thanks for your help ! :tup:

Did they loan out Lokaku for the whole season or only until the winter transfer period ?
Looks like Chelsea should have kept him...

Bye bye Mr. Terry ! :sneaky::tup:
I still believe that there is no smoke without fire.

Np's enjoy the show.:tup:

He's loaned out for the season knew that was a bad move.:cautious:

Ohh there is plenty fire as you know, there is alot of evidence of the things hes done. Not the last time an expensive lawyer is used by him im sure.:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So, are Chelsea players diving to the point of being a joke?

Nah they are fine upstanding young men for the (most part) the words Jokers and Bayern? thats closer to the mark.
See we even win things, look at that nice shiny trophy on the right nice isnt it? :cool:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nah they are fine upstanding young men for the (most part) the words Jokers and Bayern? thats closer to the mark.
See we even win things, look at that nice shiny trophy on the right nice isnt it? :cool:

Hah, you mean the one that belongs to Bayern when Chelsea hands it over to them this year? I was reading an article that mentioned the diving and wondered if it was someone just popping off or if those two guys were actually doing it. I'll have to see if I can find it. I think it was on ESPN Soccernet. Ah, found it;

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1168169/tony-pulis-slams-'laughable'-blues-pair?cc=5901

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hah, you mean the one that belongs to Bayern when Chelsea hands it over to them this year? I was reading an article that mentioned the diving and wondered if it was someone just popping off or if those two guys were actually doing it. I'll have to see if I can find it. I think it was on ESPN Soccernet. Ah, found it;

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1168169/tony-pulis-slams-'laughable'-blues-pair?cc=5901

At least you can dream. The Champions League trophy has never looked better with those blue and white ribbons.;)

Luis should have been red carded crap ref, if he knew his job he should have realised they were faking (if they were) and booked them. Pulis is a joke moan, moan, moan, hes only doing it because they lost. its 2012 not 1950 no one in his team dives i suppose........

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
At least you can dream, The Champions League trophy has never looked better wth those blue and white ribbons.

Luis should have been red carded crap ref, Pulis is a joke no one in his team dives i suppose........give us a break.

I didn't see the game. Just wondered. We have a great diver on Bayern. If you breathe on Ribery he falls down.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I didn't see the game. Just wondered. We have a great diver on Bayern. If you breathe on Ribery he falls down.

Every team has divers they are part of the modern game, but its up to the refs to spot it and
punish it.

Enjoy this classic from Ronaldo.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has divers they are part of the modern game, but its up to the refs to spot it and
punish it.

Enjoy this classic from Ronaldo.

Croak, PackerFan71 - I must admit that I envy you both about winning the Champions League with your favorite teams.
I hope I will live long enough to see HSV win an European Championship again ;)

Man, this is one of the worst tries of diving I've ever seen :D
Btw - Bayern has two great divers, Ribbery and Robben!

But as PackerFan71 knows, the best diver in the German Bundesliga has left and is now playing for Chelsea.:p
Did he play a single minute so far ? :sneaky:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Croak, PackerFan71 - I must admit that I envy you both about winning the Champions League with your favorite teams.
I hope I will live long enough to see HSV win an European Championship again ;)

Man, this is one of the worst tries of diving I've ever seen :D
Btw - Bayern has two great divers, Ribbery and Robben!

But as PackerFan71 knows, the best diver in the German Bundesliga has left and is now playing for Chelsea.:p
Did he play a single minute so far ? :sneaky:

A league title apart all other domestic trophies mean little in comparison to a Champions League win. HSV are still in that exclusive club, although it was a little while ago no matter. Im just glad my team won it when i was of an age to really appreciate it.

For all his fancy step overs, speed, and haircuts Ronaldo ruins everything for me with jokes like that, even Lampard was smiling at it. Robbens a guilty party also shame as i rate him or did. As far as i know hes hasn't played yet.:confused:

After watching last nights game against the Sea Chicks its strange how in both codes of Football seem to be having trouble with the standards of the match officials. In Soccer for example, cheating players would be less prone to dive if the refs were of top quality. And actually grew a pair and sent off vicious tacklers and divers no matter who they played for.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A league title apart all other domestic trophies mean little in comparison to a Champions League win. HSV are still in that exclusive club, although it was a little while ago no matter. Im just glad my team won it when i was of an age to really appreciate it.

For all his fancy step overs, speed, and haircuts Ronaldo ruins everything for me with jokes like that, even Lampard was smiling at it. Robbens a guilty party also shame as i rate him or did. As far as i know hes hasn't played yet.:confused:

After watching last nights game against the Sea Chicks its strange how in both codes of Football seem to be having trouble with the standards of the match officials. In Soccer for example, cheating players would be less prone to dive if the refs were of top quality. And actually grew a pair and sent off vicious tacklers and divers no matter who they played for.

Oh, that's a discussion we have from time to time here in Germany.
Should the refs be professional refs?
Would this make them better ? I really don't know :confused:
We dont have them in the Bundesliga, does the Premier League have Professional Refs ?
What's your opinion on that PackerFan71 ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, that's a discussion we have from time to time here in Germany.
Should the refs be professional refs?
Would this make them better ? I really don't know :confused:
We dont have them in the Bundesliga, does the Premier League have Professional Refs ?
What's your opinion on that PackerFan71 ?

As far as i know most of the refs in the Premier League are Professional or if not at least the closest thing to it (allegedly). In an ideal world this should make them better but as we all know human error is always a factor Pro or otherwise. We are not asking for supermen, just good decision makers. I would make all top tier officials Pro, no question because that would make them accountable and they would have no excuses for bad performances. The best refs are always the ones you never hear about. In real life you would never have semi Professional Doctors or Lawyers and for top level sport it should be no different. So for me its a no brainer. Thats my humble opinion anyway, others may differ and good for them.;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
All very noble words but i have little sympathy with what Pulis is saying, its a bit ironic that he has just signed Michael Owen who is a fantastic diver himself. He was under instruction from an England manager to fall to the ground from even the sightest touch in the penalty area. Pulis would be first to jump up and down the next time one of his players dives in the area and demand a Penalty. I think Football should follow Rugby and have officials watching for dives and cheating ingame.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19744028

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
All very noble words but i have little sympathy with what Pulis is saying, its a bit ironic that he has just signed Michael Owen who is a fantastic diver himself. He was under instruction from an England manager to fall to the ground from even the sightest touch in the penalty area. Pulis would be first to jump up and down the next time one of his players dives in the area and demand a Penalty. I think Football should follow Rugby and have officials watching for dives and cheating ingame.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19744028

Nice idea but we all know that won't happen.
From time to time there is a similar discussion when a player gets injured after being fouled by another player.
The idea is to ban him until the injured player is able to return.
Will never happen as well.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Nice idea but we all know that won't happen.
From time to time there is a similar discussion when a player gets injured after being fouled by another player.
The idea is to ban him until the injured player is able to return.
Will never happen as well.

That is such a simple perfect and logical system to use, but it makes so much common sense as you said its never gonna happen.

Members online

Latest posts