EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
They are investors and because of this they are not interested in reducing the debt, they want increase their return on investment. :rolleyes:
You and me, PackerFan71, have the same view on this, but I think most US fans propably can't understand why we are against investors like the Glazers because professional sport in the US is based on this system. (with one exception we all know ! ;) )
Could you imagine to move Chelsea from London to....let's say....Liverpool just because there could be a (better) market for a third team based in Liverpool ?
However - the EPL is a cash cow, the highest salaries are paid in the EPL, the clubs need fresh money and thats why all the Glazers, Hicks and Gillet, or NESV had the chance to takeover EPL-clubs.
All these example prove that we have to protect our 50+1 rule as long as we can ! :mad:

Exactly that would never happen here, the plain fact is it would never work fans have a different mentality, the franchise idea is totally alien to them. I did hear a story this week about the Packers in relation to this. Just after WWII the Packers were in deep trouble financially and Curly Lambeau proposed a franchise move to San Francisco of all places!!. Thankfully because of the way the Packers were setup this was rejected by the organisation. A share issue was set up and the Pack retained ther home in Green Bay. The Pack definatley have the most similar fan mentality and vibe to European soccer fans no question about it.

The way things are going the EPL eventually will eat itself, unless there is some kind of control over spending in relation to income.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
A decent start for the County on Saturday a 1-1 draw with Motherwell, Ross County gave free transport to the Motherwell fans to get to the game. A great gesture by the club i hope its returned by others at some point.

Looks like Andy Carroll is staying at Liverpool and not going to West Ham, he probly thinks they are too small for him silly boy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A decent start for the County on Saturday a 1-1 draw with Motherwell, Ross County gave free transport to the Motherwell fans to get to the game. A great gesture by the club i hope its returned by others at some point.

Looks like Andy Carroll is staying at Liverpool and not going to West Ham, he probly thinks they are too small for him silly boy.

PackerFan71, who scored for Ross County ? :sneaky: :D
Great they have won their first point in the SPL, hope more points will follow ! :tup:
Nice idea with free transport, did they order busses for Motherwell fans or how did they get to the game?

Indeed a silly boy, I don't have any idea why it could be better to be benched in Liverpool instead playing for West Ham.:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
PackerFan71, who scored for Ross County ? :sneaky: :D
Great they have won their first point in the SPL, hope more points will follow ! :tup:
Nice idea with free transport, did they order busses for Motherwell fans or how did they get to the game?

Indeed a silly boy, I don't have any idea why it could be better to be benched in Liverpool instead playing for West Ham.:rolleyes:

Ha yes you got me before i could correct myself, my bad. 0-0 was the score it was late when i posted thats my excuse anyway.:sleep::laugh:

Was a pretty nervy game with few chances, who cares though first point on the board.
They did buses free of charge for about 450 Motherwell supporters who chose to travel.

I guess he thinks hes a Superstar and they are not worthy of him........he needs a reality check as well as a haircut.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess he thinks hes a Superstar and they are not wothy of him........he needs a reality check as well as a haircut.
I totally agree. Big mistake by him and Liverpool. He's not going to do anything at Anfield this season, but if he went to West Ham the whole offense would have run through him. He would have been the tip of the spear for their attack, and finally gotten a chance to prove that he can actually play.

I feel bad for him until I realize that he's an idiot.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I totally agree. Big mistake by him and Liverpool. He's not going to do anything at Anfield this season, but if he went to West Ham the whole offense would have run through him. He would have been the tip of the spear for their attack, and finally gotten a chance to prove that he can actually play.

I feel bad for him until I realize that he's an idiot.

Regular first team football and banging in the goals, and watching his stock rise is somehow less desirable than sitting on the bench at Liverpool for him. Says it all really, hes a square peg in a square slot for West Ham. They would play to his strengths all Big Sams teams play a style thats perfect for him, ho hum i guess hes waiting for Barca to call........:roflmao:

mhnessie you asked in an earlier post how difficult it would be for the Newco Rangers to go through the leagues, heres some evidence......Their opposition here was from the division above them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19058945

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha yes you got me before i could correct myself, my bad. 0-0 was the score it was late when i posted thats my excuse anyway.:sleep::laugh:

Was a pretty nervy game with few chances, who cares though first point on the board.
They did buses free of charge for about 450 Motherwell supporters who chose to travel.

I guess he thinks hes a Superstar and they are not worthy of him........he needs a reality check as well as a haircut.

Understandable, though I am an early bird, that's too early to get up or too late to go to bed for me. :eek:
Usually most people sleep at this time when you were posting...:sleep::D

I really like this gesture, nice idea.
How about your plans to go there for a game?
Are you going when they play Celtic?

Thanks for this BBC article, PackerFan71.
Well, looks like there will be no difficulties to promote after this season.
Somehow impressing, nearly 40.000 people at Ibrox and surprising that they are
still able to sign some good players though they are bankrupt.
Easy prediction, they will be back in the SPL in 2015 !

What do you think of Victor Moses, is he good enough for Chelsea ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Understandable, though I am an early bird, that's too early to get up or too late to go to bed for me. :eek:
Usually most people sleep at this time when you were posting...:sleep::D

I really like this gesture, nice idea.
How about your plans to go there for a game?
Are you going when they play Celtic?

Thanks for this BBC article, PackerFan71.
Well, looks like there will be no difficulties to promote after this season.
Somehow impressing, nearly 40.000 people at Ibrox and surprising that they are
still able to sign some good players though they are bankrupt.
Easy prediction, they will be back in the SPL in 2015 !

What do you think of Victor Moses, is he good enough for Chelsea ?

I dont really care to be honest who they are playing, just to see them play in the SPL will be enough.:)

Their new owners have a little bit of of money and can sign players for about another month until the 12 month transfer ban kicks in. Relegation in effect for them was nothing more than an embarrassment, promotion is a formality really. Could be even before, if the SPL chickens out and makes SPL2.

No idea about him to be honest, all i know hes young 21 and hes a winger and is a Nigerian international. Hes another part of the age reduction policy Chelsea are going for. Who cares about age though its ability that matters.:cautious:

I got my first decent laugh of the day earlier today, England up to number 3 in the world rankings according to FIFA.:roflmao: Its obvious that this system of ranking national teams needs serious changes to it. Or should they just keep it in order to be Ironic?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19177783

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really care to be honest who they are playing, just to see them play in the SPL will be enough.:)

Their new owners have a little bit of of money and can sign players for about another month until the 12 month transfer ban kicks in. Relegation in effect for them was nothing more than an embarrassment, promotion is a formality really. Could be even before, if the SPL chickens out and makes SPL2.

No idea about him to be honest, all i know hes young 21 and hes a winger and is a Nigerian international. Hes another part of the age reduction policy Chelsea are going for. Who cares about age though its ability that matters.:cautious:

I got my first decent laugh of the day earlier today, England up to number 3 in the world rankings according to FIFA.:roflmao: Its obvious that this system of ranking national teams needs serious changes to it. Or should they just keep it in order to be Ironic?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19177783

Agree, this will be fun for sure. And don't forget the pictures you promised ;)

OMG, how much did they pay Blatter and the "Fifa Mafia" ? :eek::D
England better than Argentina or Italy? Bulls***

Btw - are you watching the Packers tomorrow night?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Agree, this will be fun for sure. And don't forget the pictures you promised ;)

OMG, how much did they pay Blatter and the "Fifa Mafia" ? :eek::D
England better than Argentina or Italy? Bulls***

Btw - are you watching the Packers tomorrow night?

Aye deffo

Its so ridiculous to suggest that england are better than those countrys, they should hardly even be in the top 10. Last seasons Colts would have been superbowl contenders with a similar ranking system.

Wish i was hope its a good game!

BTW heres a SPL highlights channel if your interested. Updated after 6pm gameday.
http://www.youtube.com/splofficial

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aye deffo

Its so ridiculous to suggest that england are better than those countrys, they should hardly even be in the top 10. Last seasons Colts would have been superbowl contenders with a similar ranking system.

Wish i was hope its a good game!

BTW heres a SPL highlights channel if your interested. Updated after 6pm gameday.
http://www.youtube.com/splofficial

Oh, didn't know that a SPL channel exists - thank you, great ! :tup:
Ross County's stadium looks terrific, a real old school stadium.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, didn't know that a SPL channel exists - thank you, great ! :tup:
Ross County's stadium looks terrific, a real old school stadium.

The channel was set up recently im all for this kind of thing.
They worked hard over the summer with the stadium upgrades, looks good yep!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
@ PackerFan71: Ross County with another draw, now playing Celtic at home, looks like an exciting weekend for all Ross County Fans ;)
Any Chelsea news or Transfer rumors ? :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
@ PackerFan71: Ross County with another draw, now playing Celtic at home, looks like an exciting weekend for all Ross County Fans ;)
Any Chelsea news or Transfer rumors ? :)

Yes the whole thing is a learning curve for the players, they are just getting their shooting boots on now. Two draws its a start could be worse, Celtic next ha! should be fun im not expecting anything from the game. That way if they even get a draw id be pleasantly suprised and happy.:)

Chelsea are refusing to give into Edinson Cavani of Napoli hes demanding £150.000 per week. Nope hes not worth that in my opinion.

Hulk wants to join, but Porto are wanting about £38m. Again thats too much money also.

Ashley Cole gets a bad press sometimes, but fair play to him for this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-Shield-medal-young-Manchester-City-fan.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes the whole thing is a learning curve for the players, they are just getting their shooting boots on now. Two draws its a start could be worse, Celtic next ha! should be fun im not expecting anything from the game. That way if they even get a draw id be pleasantly suprised and happy.:)

Chelsea are refusing to give into Edinson Cavani of Napoli hes demanding £150.000 per week. Nope hes not worth that in my opinion.

Hulk wants to join, but Porto are wanting about £38m. Again thats too much money also.

Ashley Cole gets a bad press sometimes, but fair play to him for this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-Shield-medal-young-Manchester-City-fan.html

They will have their chances because I think Celtic will underestimate them... ;)
38 m GBP ? I agree, that's too much money for him but I also read that he has a 100 m Euros/78mGBP transfer fee agreement in place ? Ridiculous :confused:
I don't like "Cashley" Cole but this is a really nice story and something that this little boy never will forget.
So :tup: for Mr. Cole !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
When RVPs Italian fantasy didnt come true he was always going to be going to Manchester, im a little suprised (only a tiny bit) its the Red half.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bummer, Ross County were very close to beating Celtic 1-1 was the final score. they equalised on 90+3. Proof as if needed, underestimate us if you please but we wont be pushovers this season.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ouch Liverpool beaten 3-0 by West Brom a bit of a shocker that one...............

AVBs Tottenham start as they mean to go on, lost 2-1 against Newcastle. Deja vu for me, i almost feel sorry for Spurs fans.........almost.:)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ouch Liverpool beaten 3-0 by West Brom a bit of a shocker that one...............

AVBs Tottenham start as they mean to go on, lost 2-1 against Newcastle. Deja vu for me, i almost feel sorry for Spurs fans.........almost.:)

I watched that one. Liverpool looked lost out there. But the announcer said they didn't really benefit from transfers yet this year.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I watched that one. Liverpool looked lost out there. But the announcer said they didn't really benefit from transfers yet this year.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

They hired a coach who over achived at a small club, its early days. He will either sink or swim. I dont really think he knows his best team, hes got alot of deadwood to move on also.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had a short break in an Irish Pub in Prague thisvafternoon and watched Chelsea winning 2:0
Good start for the The Blues!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Had a short break in an Irish Pub in Prague thisvafternoon and watched Chelsea winning 2:0
Good start for the The Blues!

Cool did you try the Guinness or other such refreshments? that used to be my drink of choice for years.

Yeah not too shabby performance, a different style of play now the Drog has moved on. we could still do with an in their face big striker though. Hazard looks like he was worth all the hype. Skillful and tough little player.

Members online