Entertain this for a second (Free Agency Related)

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I don't see getting an older used up back. That strategy don't work too often. Running backs take quite a beating. I don't think that Ryan Grant is that bad. He at least runs north and south. Starks tries to do too many moves. It also has a lot to do with attempts and what the defense perceives as a threat. Defense should be the top priority. You just can't be in a shoot out every week and win the Super Bowl.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see getting an older used up back. That strategy don't work too often. Running backs take quite a beating. I don't think that Ryan Grant is that bad. He at least runs north and south. Starks tries to do too many moves. It also has a lot to do with attempts and what the defense perceives as a threat. Defense should be the top priority. You just can't be in a shoot out every week and win the Super Bowl.

what do you call Starks, Saine, and Green? all three are young and drafted, with a lot of upside. Starks biggest downside is the injuries. Saine and Green need more time (which they'll get in the offseason) to learn the playbook.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
That's not true. Not unless you believe that yards allowed is the only relevant measure of a defense.

I'm pretty sure I read it in a recent jso article. Maybe I misread it. Still giving up that many yards is a pretty embarrassing statistic and Tramon gave up the most yards by a CB in the league this year.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read it in a recent jso article. Maybe I misread it. Still giving up that many yards is a pretty embarrassing statistic and Tramon gave up the most yards by a CB in the league this year.

Williams wasn't close to what he was last year, not after injuring his shoulder in what? week 3-4, he played most of the season with a sling then didn't play well after that. I fully expect him back to form next season

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Williams wasn't close to what he was last year, not after injuring his shoulder in what? week 3-4, he played most of the season with a sling then didn't play well after that. I fully expect him back to form next season
Even 80-90 percent of what he was last year would be great.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

He injured his shoulder opening night. I still don't see how that would have inhibited him as much as it did. His play never improved.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He injured his shoulder opening night. I still don't see how that would have inhibited him as much as it did. His play never improved.

it was a separation, he had to wear a sling when he did get back on the field, not only was it one of those injuries that keeps a guy from using it, but also one that consciously or unconsciously one tries to protect. He did get better, just was late in the year but not close to last year.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
it was a separation, he had to wear a sling when he did get back on the field, not only was it one of those injuries that keeps a guy from using it, but also one that consciously or unconsciously one tries to protect. He did get better, just was late in the year but not close to last year.

I still don't see how that could have limited him that much. It's not like he's a physical corner or even a physical player at all. If his specialty when beating receivers up at the line, then I could definitely see it inhibiting him. But Tramon plays like 15 yards off.

Hopefully whatever his problem is, that it's addressed in the offseason

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't see how that could have limited him that much. It's not like he's a physical corner or even a physical player at all. If his specialty when beating receivers up at the line, then I could definitely see it inhibiting him. But Tramon plays like 15 yards off.

Hopefully whatever his problem is, that it's addressed in the offseason

If you can't move your arm much, it's hard to get it up there and bat a ball down or tackle a guy

Members online

Latest posts