Enough with our chances to get into the playoffs

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is crazy. First off we just got murdered against the Pats(who are going to be a decent playoff team). We are going to make the playoffs? Come on guys who have did we beat this year? The Lions--oo thers a tough team ;), the Cardinals just the thuoght of them makes me shake ;), won at the Dolphins ok ill give us that one as being good, we should have and could have beat the bills. but no. the vikings in Minnesota-im not impressed with the Vikes at all. point beinng the majority of our wins came against lowly teams. And we lost 1 to a lowly team. So our chances of getting in the playoffs revolve around winning tommroow night(not happening), beating the Jets at home(good chance), going on the road and playin a hot 49er team(probably not gona happen), the lions(hopefully win :lol:), Vikings(ok ill give you that one if you want it, although I think we are going to loose, but take it as a win if you must) and then at the bears. lets not even go there. So if the season ends like that we will be 6 and 10, 7 and 9 if you give us the win against the Vikings). Either way im not liking those playoff chances.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the playoff hype really? If we do, for whatever reason, make the playoffs, we're going one and done just like we mock the bears and vikes for. This team isn't there yet to be a contender, did you catch the Pats game? Heck I would venture a safe guess that the wildcard playoff game that we would be in, won't even be at home, so it's not even another chance to go to Lambeau before the season is over.

Are the Pack coming together and getting stronger this year? Yes. Are they going to make the playoffs, probably not, but they could I suppose. Are they going one and done in the wildcard game? Yes.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we can make it. But we need to beat the Seahawks. No more excuses. But until MM grows a pair and fires Shottenheimer, we arent going anywhere.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC East...........NFC North.......NCF South......NFC West

Dallas 7-4-0.....Bears 9-2-0....Saints 7-4-0..Seattle 6-4-0

There is no dominant NFC wild card team, here is how I see
everyone finishing.

WILDCARD TEAMS
Giants.......6-5-0(vs Dal.,@ car.vs Phil.,vs NO,@ was.)(8-8-0)
Carolina....6-5-0(@ phil.,vs NYG.vs Pit.,@ atl,@ NO)(10-6-0}
Eagles.......5-6-0(vs car.,@ was.@ NYG,@ dal,vs ATl.)(6-10-0)
Falcons......5-6-0(@ was.,@ TB,vs dal.,vs CAR.@ phi))(7-9-0)
49r's.........5-6-0(@ N.O.,vs GB,@ sea.,vs Ari.,@ den)(7-9-0)
Rams........5-6-0(vs Ari.,vs chi.@ Oak,vs Was.,@ min)(8-8-0)
Vikings......5-6-0(@ chi,@ det.,vs NYJ,@ GB,vs Stl.)(7-9-0)

That means The Pack coud get in by winning 5 of the next 6, or depending on Tie breakers, even 4 of next 6)
Finishing 8-8 or 9-7 is a possibility with our remaining schedule.

Packers.....4-6-0(@ sea.,vs NYJ,@ sf,vs Det,vs Min, @ Chi)

REMEMBER IT ISN'T HOW YOU START, IT'S HOW YOU FINISH.

Now I am a realist here, if we play like we did last week against N.E, forget it, but play like we did against Minnesota and we could find ourselves fighting for that last play-off spot come the end of December.

Even if we did get blown away in the first round of the play-offs, the experience of just going, is invaluable.

Remember The Packers lost to Dallas 3 times before making it all the way to The Superbowl in the 90's.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 i know and alot of the packer fans know the game against the pats did not show our teams true colors. it was just one of those games where nothing went right for the team and both of our qbs where playing hurt. if we play good against seattle and the jets we can make the playoffs. we will also show that we can beat playoff teams.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol

a thread to kill optimism... gotta love this place, gotta love it.

Are we a threat for the playoffs or in it? Nah, probably not, but why damper ppls hopes?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol

Are we a threat for the playoffs or in it? Nah, probably not, but why damper ppls hopes?

Yeah...really.

Why root for your team to be in the playoffs?

IF this team is really a young rebuilding team don't you think LOSING a playoff team will be a stepping stone? I'd much rather lose a playoff game than not get there.

C'mon guys.....don't be afraid to dream!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC East...........NFC North.......NCF South......NFC West

Dallas 7-4-0.....Bears 9-2-0....Saints 7-4-0..Seattle 6-4-0

There is no dominant NFC wild card team, here is how I see
everyone finishing.

WILDCARD TEAMS
Giants.......6-5-0(vs Dal.,@ car.vs Phil.,vs NO,@ was.)(8-8-0)
Carolina....6-5-0(@ phil.,vs NYG.vs Pit.,@ atl,@ NO)(10-6-0}
Eagles.......5-6-0(vs car.,@ was.@ NYG,@ dal,vs ATl.)(6-10-0)
Falcons......5-6-0(@ was.,@ TB,vs dal.,vs CAR.@ phi))(7-9-0)
49r's.........5-6-0(@ N.O.,vs GB,@ sea.,vs Ari.,@ den)(7-9-0)
Rams........5-6-0(vs Ari.,vs chi.@ Oak,vs Was.,@ min)(8-8-0)
Vikings......5-6-0(@ chi,@ det.,vs NYJ,@ GB,vs Stl.)(7-9-0)

That means The Pack coud get in by winning 5 of the next 6, or depending on Tie breakers, even 4 of next 6)
Finishing 8-8 or 9-7 is a possibility with our remaining schedule.

Packers.....4-6-0(@ sea.,vs NYJ,@ sf,vs Det,vs Min, @ Chi)

REMEMBER IT ISN'T HOW YOU START, IT'S HOW YOU FINISH.

Now I am a realist here, if we play like we did last week against N.E, forget it, but play like we did against Minnesota and we could find ourselves fighting for that last play-off spot come the end of December.

Nice post. I agree the NFC is very mediocre this year. The only good team is the Bears. THe cowboys, saints, seahawks, giants, and panthers have played very uneven all year.

Even if we did get blown away in the first round of the play-offs, the experience of just going, is invaluable.

Remember The Packers lost to Dallas 3 times before making it all the way to The Superbowl in the 90's.

the nfc is very mediocre this year. the only great team is the bears (who still have their flaws) the packers almost beat the saints. they could give the boys and the hawks a run for their money. the pack could be 6-4. i know they could also be 3-7, but what kind of fan would i be if i wasn't optimistic.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
lol

Yeah...really.

IF this team is really a young rebuilding team don't you think LOSING a playoff team will be a stepping stone? I'd much rather lose a playoff game than not get there.

Why dream about this team? We are what we are. Hopefully next year we turn it around. You wake up in every dream.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
lol

Yeah...really.

Why dream about this team? We are what we are. Hopefully next year we turn it around. You wake up in every dream.

Nobody's dreaming about this team, and why wait till next year to turn it around? The Pack have shown that they can compete with the middle of the road and lower echiland teams in the league, and I think if you check the schedule, we don't play any of the big boys anytime soon.

LOSING BREADS LOSING, WINNING BREADS WINNING!!!!

Whether we go to the play-offs or not it is real important that this team finishes strong for next year.

As much as I have disagreed with some of the moves made over the past year and a half, I will never ever give up on The Packers!!!!, and yes "There is always next year" that is why you hope for some kind of success the rest of this year!!!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If you can't dream about potential for your team, why even say you are a fan of that team? You can dream AND be real at the same time.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
lol

Yeah...really.

Nobody's dreaming about this team, and why wait till next year to turn it around? The Pack have shown that they can compete with the middle of the road and lower echiland teams in the league, and I think if you check the schedule, we don't play any of the big boys anytime soon.

LOSING BREADS LOSING, WINNING BREADS WINNING!!!!

Whether we go to the play-offs or not it is real important that this team finishes strong for next year.

As much as I have disagreed with some of the moves made over the past year and a half, I will never ever give up on The Packers!!!!, and yes "There is always next year" that is why you hope for some kind of success the rest of this year!!!!!

Ok i think you should be the one to "check who we play" Someone must have hit me over the head with a hammer because I seem to have forgotten that the Seahawks suck. Oh yes and we seem to be going on the road to play a pretty hot 49er team. And speaking of sucky teams that we have to play..How about dem Bears in Chicago. Yeah they suck too! you have really proved to me that our chances are great

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I love the Packers. I'm not what some would call a "fair weather fan" I havent missed a game in I dont know how many years. In the bad years did people HONESTLY expect them to win? probably not. But did people stop going to Lambeau? NO. Why wouldnt I watch them? There is a chance they could win. There is a chance that they could get into the playoffs even. But that chance is about a million to one.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Are you expecting us to lose today?

Not sure if you are directing this to me or not.

I need to see the first quarter then I could tell you more accurately.

I'm a bit skeptical. I hope we win. I'm expecting a shootout game that whoever has the ball last will win.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is crazy. First off we just got murdered against the Pats(who are going to be a decent playoff team). We are going to make the playoffs? Come on guys who have did we beat this year? The Lions--oo thers a tough team ;), the Cardinals just the thuoght of them makes me shake ;), won at the Dolphins ok ill give us that one as being good, we should have and could have beat the bills. but no. the vikings in Minnesota-im not impressed with the Vikes at all. point beinng the majority of our wins came against lowly teams. And we lost 1 to a lowly team. So our chances of getting in the playoffs revolve around winning tommroow night(not happening), beating the Jets at home(good chance), going on the road and playin a hot 49er team(probably not gona happen), the lions(hopefully win :lol:), Vikings(ok ill give you that one if you want it, although I think we are going to loose, but take it as a win if you must) and then at the bears. lets not even go there. So if the season ends like that we will be 6 and 10, 7 and 9 if you give us the win against the Vikings). Either way im not liking those playoff chances.

:twocents: Until we are officially aliminated, then all talk about the playoffs is legit IMO. Sure, it may not be "realistic", but sometimes that's part of being a fan.

A team's that's down 17-0 going into the 4th quarter still comes out playing to win. That is the same situation GB is in right now. We need to catch some breaks and not just give up anymore scores (games). It's very unlikely that we'll win, but it's certainly fun to try. At the very least, we can lay some hurt on the other guys while giving the youngsters some experience.

GO PACK GO!!!

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

:twocents: Until we are officially aliminated, then all talk about the playoffs is legit IMO. Sure, it may not be "realistic", but sometimes that's part of being a fan.

A team's that's down 17-0 going into the 4th quarter still comes out playing to win. That is the same situation GB is in right now. We need to catch some breaks and not just give up anymore scores (games). It's very unlikely that we'll win, but it's certainly fun to try. At the very least, we can lay some hurt on the other guys while giving the youngsters some experience.

GO PACK GO!!!

I agree with what you said about it being legit/not realistic. I think where we are right now and with the games ahead of us it is foolish to think that we will be able to do it. I HOPE TO GOD THAT WE DO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS THOUGH! So dont get me wrong!

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all our creative thinking on how the team can make the playoffs, any ideas how we can improve our pass defense, given:

1.Schottenheimer is still secondary coach
2.Manuel is still a starter
3.We go into the game against the Hawks with Poppinga & Hodge

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all our creative thinking on how the team can make the playoffs, any ideas how we can improve our pass defense, given:

1.Schottenheimer is still secondary coach
2.Manuel is still a starter
3.We go into the game against the Hawks with Poppinga & Hodge

If we can just eliminate #'s 1,2 and 3

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And somebody was talking about stupid or smart and the value of common sense in another thread!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see there are posters who like to twist peoples comments if not agreed with.

Other than The Bears, the best team left on The Packs's schedule is The Seahawks, and they have not been setting the world on fire, if it were'nt for two last second field goals against The Rams, they would be sitting at 4-6 also.

The Big Boys: Colts, Chargers, Patriots, Bears, Ravens
maybe The C-Boys they have been on a roll since Romo.

The rest of The NFL, especially The NFC, there is nobody else that can't be beat. We play The Bears are last game of the season, which means when we get there(way down the road) we will know what we need to do.

I never said any of the teams we have left on our schedule sucked, just they were beatable, if the Pack played at the level they played against Minnesota.

Sorry for trying to bring a little optimism to this thread, I will move on, but untill I see The Packers eliminated from the play-offs, I'll keep hoping for wins!!!!

Members online

Latest posts