Enjoyed the Game...Critique Our Team

alon504

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all are football savvy in Green Bay...you know it. Obviously, I'm glad our Saints won and we can't wait until our big home-opener in the Dome next week against the Falcons who are also 2-0. Tune in and check out our Dome with $193 million in post-Katrina renovations. Anyway, back to the Saints...what are you thoughts? What was good? What wasn't good (obviously the fumbles in the beginning weren't good)? Where do you think we'll wind up at season's end? Good luck and I hope you have a great season. I had a blast with you all for the Superbowl in New Orleans several years ago! Got real drunk with some Packer fans in a bar on Bourbon while the game was played. GO SAINTS!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees looked very good. Reggie Bush also looked good, of course, but the Packers were able to keep him under control. Hopefully your front office won't get complacent and rely on Bush's talent. They need to shore up the O-line, which did a poor job run-blocking today. Don't fall into the trap the Lions did when they had Barry Sanders. Your star should not have to do all the work.

Your defense did not look very good, so I think you will have to get most of your wins in shootouts. I don't know what was up with Mike McKenzie. He used to be pretty good, but he struggled today. (Much to our delight, I can assure you.)

The Saints look like a scrappy team that will finish around 7-9. I wouldn't predict anything better for them, because the defense looked suspect today against a Packer offense that had been struggling. But 7-9 is better than I would've predicted before the season.

OP
OP
A

alon504

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you ever want to talk good football, ya'll come see us at www.saintsreport.com . You'll find some intelligent NFL discussion there all year long, but, especially during the season...it never stops..keeps going 24/7. Again, have a good season. We're obviously Favre fans down here, so most of us keep an eye on the Packers all season...

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C said
They need to shore up the O-line, which did a poor job run-blocking today. Don't fall into the trap the Lions did when they had Barry Sanders. Your star should not have to do all the work

People in glass houses Greg.

The same could be said about our beloved Pack!

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Greg C said
They need to shore up the O-line, which did a poor job run-blocking today. Don't fall into the trap the Lions did when they had Barry Sanders. Your star should not have to do all the work

People in glass houses Greg.

The same could be said about our beloved Pack!
But oh so true what he said. Glass house or not we did ask for the opinion and willing accept it as fact. OL, CB and DT are the weakest links for the Saints. No secret. Thanks for the game and opinions.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alon504 said:
You all are football savvy in Green Bay...you know it. Obviously, I'm glad our Saints won and we can't wait until our big home-opener in the Dome next week against the Falcons who are also 2-0. Tune in and check out our Dome with $193 million in post-Katrina renovations. Anyway, back to the Saints...what are you thoughts? What was good? What wasn't good (obviously the fumbles in the beginning weren't good)? Where do you think we'll wind up at season's end? Good luck and I hope you have a great season. I had a blast with you all for the Superbowl in New Orleans several years ago! Got real drunk with some Packer fans in a bar on Bourbon while the game was played. GO SAINTS!!

competitive game. Could have been better if WE would have won.

Members online

Latest posts