End of the Season

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Packer Fans After 3:15 pm January 1st 2006 This season will mercifully come to an end. It will be logged as a learning season by which we hope wont get any worse. After which we will set our alerts on our computers to any news that will come out of Packer land. Will Favre stay will he go. Will he go to another team no one knows. I for one will sit with excitement watching April come around after which I can **** and moan about TT's draft and how he took a bunch of no names.

If anything positive for me can be taken out of the season I would say that I have found an outstanding message board and The Packers have added playing time to add depth to the roster. Should be an interesting offseason. Hopefully pieces will be put into place for a SB run and win.

My Prediction for 2006 and 2007 will be 14 and 2 with a Super Bowl 41 win over the Colts 41 to 38.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
14 and 2 huh. Take your little blue pill. But we will be better and I have a feeling Bret will return, he will not want to leave this way and especially with some idiots questioning if he is hurting the team. I also think Sherman will be back. Next year Nick Collins wil be one of the dominant safties in the league.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre will be a Packer for life, Sherman will stay and this nightmare will not be repeated next year.
Go Pack Go!
PS: Our 1st draft pick will be a legitimate middle linebacker.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we dont need a linebacker. Barnett is fine. Robert Thomas turned out to be pretty decent. Paris Lenon has surprised me. Also, there is Poppinga...

Im not saying we wont draft a LB or maybe even get one in FA, but our #1 pick sure wont be a linebacker.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats true Trom and beside other than Bush (if he comes out) and Lienhart who else is there for the top picks?? I would like to see

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happey if we got an impact player and a starter with promise on the defensive side in the draft regardles of position, although lineman and linebacker are my priorities.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
really? because those are the positions on defense we're the best at.

We need another safety back there with Collins who doesnt suck.

We also need a CB that doesnt make me wanna buy a 2,500 dollar sniper rifle and get myself on the news. We need CBs, but FA and trading is how id like to see that handled.

I like our LBs and DTs. I dont see us using a 1st round pick on them.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For as bad as this season has been, I'm still looking forward to a rematch with the Bears. All I want for Christmas is a victory against the Bears :)

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
For as bad as this season has been, I'm still looking forward to a rematch with the Bears. All I want for Christmas is a victory against the Bears :)

WE CAN'T LET THEM SWEEP US! That would be a nice present :santa:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz, I agree. However, I believe we need linemen and LB's more. Our DE's are solid but can't have an impact on their own. KGB is not an everydown player if you want to win championships. If Grady leaves we will be weak in the middle. Even if he stays how much does he have left? Ditto for the LB's. Barnett may have an impact on the outside but he is no middle LB. Tackles 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage and getting knocked back 3 yds on contact are not indicative of top middle LB's. I just think we could make more progress in these areas, this draft, with an impact player or two than we could in the defensive backfield. Althought you are right we need a safety and cornerback also.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
tromadz, I agree. However, I believe we need linemen and LB's more. Our DE's are solid but can't have an impact on their own. KGB is not an everydown player if you want to win championships. If Grady leaves we will be weak in the middle. Even if he stays how much does he have left? Ditto for the LB's. Barnett may have an impact on the outside but he is no middle LB. Tackles 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage and getting knocked back 3 yds on contact are not indicative of top middle LB's. I just think we could make more progress in these areas, this draft, with an impact player or two than we could in the defensive backfield. Althought you are right we need a safety and cornerback also.
Traxx,
You hit it right on the head regarding the middle linebacker position.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I think our 1st draft pick should be best player available regardless of position. If we have a top 5 pick, then I hope we trade down to stay in the top 10 or 15 along with adding a few extra picks. Then grab the best player.

If AJ Hawk is available, grab him. LB is not a weakness, but an improvement would only help. Forget about drafting for position, that only leads to us getting another Reynolds flop (built up based on hype.) Grab the best player and this team will be just fine.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
We also need a CB that doesnt make me wanna buy a 2,500 dollar sniper rifle and get myself on the news.
Now I know why the waiting list for my sniper rifle is so long. :twisted:

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Actually I think our 1st draft pick should be best player available regardless of position. If we have a top 5 pick, then I hope we trade down to stay in the top 10 or 15 along with adding a few extra picks. Then grab the best player.
For the most I agree with this. At the very least our depth is not good. The more picks the better. And again this year we'll all be saying; Who? Why? What about...? when TT drafts after the first round. Until we realize the man really knows what he's doing. Or at least I will.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ravage said:
Bobby Roberts said:
For the most I agree with this. At the very least our depth is not good. The more picks the better. And again this year we'll all be saying; Who? Why? What about...? when TT drafts after the first round. Until we realize the man really knows what he's doing. Or at least I will.

Sorry guys,

I REALLY think Green's best years are behind him and I still don't believ e a player who fatigues after 12 carries is the answer in waiting...(Gado).

I really think we will get a top 4 or 5 pick and we should trade UP and not down for Bush.

We need to get some studs on the Oline, get real depth on the offensive back field and get Brett someone other than Driver to throw to.

Yes, Walker will be back but how effective will he be after a serious, season ending LEG injury?

How effective was Freeman? Ferguson?

We need more consistency on offense. THAT will be where we draft.

The defense has worked itself out this year. They will add depth through the Free Agency. Which is easier to add depth to through the FA? Offense or Defense? Think about Reggie White... Sean Jones... Mike Prior...Eugene Robinson...

Now take the High powered Packer offense with all-pro level guards, a couple of healthy, powerful, and elusive running backs and 2, 1000+ yard receivers with the top 5 defense that we have today...

Why would we NOT want to trade UP for Bush? Can't we add depth to the defense through the FA?

Skoalvikes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:

Is that your Superbowl?

Members online

Latest posts