1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

End of America

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by FrankRizzo, Mar 11, 2011.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

May 2, 2010
    Stansberry's Investment Advisory

Many of you have seen these commercials recently.
    I'm still watching it now..... will comment later. But I think we all should watch this.
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Feb 13, 2010
  3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Dec 27, 2009
    I'm not going to worry too much about this.
    I think it's scare tactics.
    Everything is unpredictable. **** happens. We never ever see anything coming until it does. That is so true of the stock market. One day it can be bottom, the next day it can be on top and vica-versa.
    After Detroit who the hell could have predicted the Packers to win the Super Bowl?
    Have you ever been in a committed long term relationship where he/she dumps you? There may be signs but it's not really known until he/she tells you it's over.
    And the recent quake/tsunami in Japan. No one saw that one coming.

Besides just going by what they are telling you what they want you to believe, have you researched the firm or any of the claims?
    Here's a couple things google turned up:
    Porter Stansberry investment scam in SEC fraud action

An investment newsletter’s publisher and its editor have been hit with $1.5 million in financial penalties after a U. S. federal judge determined they defrauded their own subscribers in a securities scam.

Judgment in favor of the Securities Exchange Commission and against Maryland-based Pirate Investor LLC, now called Stansberry & Associates Investment Research, LLC, and Frank Porter Stansberry was issued at the U. S. District Court for the District of Maryland on August 1, 2007 – 28 months after the completion of a bench trial. The penalty comprises disgorgement of $1.3 million in profits and interest from the fraudulent activity, for which Pirate Investor and Stansberry are jointly and severally liable, plus a fine of $120,000 against each defendant.

Answers.com - Is Stansberry Associates Investment Research a reputable company
    I am investigating the veracity of this video and frankly, it scared me. The fear factor and the virus of panic seems to have gripped the world lately. I know about the SEC fines against Stansberry, as well as the reasons for those supporting him and his newsletters. However, I luckily wrote down the names of four of the alleged investors who supported him, and who claimed to have made enough to buy a yacht. I used a search engine to search for these four investors, since their cities were included in the video. I could not find three of them at all - none by that name. The other name was listed but not in the city in the video. Spokeo reveals the value of the homes and economic status of the subjects. My conclusion is that there are some distortions and omissions by him. I will use the money for a newsletter to stock up on food and water and probably get some arms in case of urban riots.

Read more: Answers.com - Is Stansberry Associates Investment Research a reputable company
  4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

May 2, 2010
    I still haven't finished the whole thing, but I've heard from other economists many of the things he's pointed out.
    Many of the things he's pointing out in this thing are already-known facts.
    He just seems to be connecting all the dots.

We all know the dollar's value & power has deteriorated, and we all know our national budget is pathetic.
    We all know that thousands of cities and state budgets are under water. We see it in Madison, and we see it in my affluent city, Frisco, which is the fastest growing city in the USA right now. #1. Still, the budget is tight right now. Many cities have had to cut spending to the point of even laying off police force.

School districts have had to layoff teachers, etc.

So all those "dots" are true. What will it all lead to? Well I don't see anything to indicate that the current Gov't will turn it around. It gets worse by the second.

Why can't we stop importing so much s*** and start exporting more?
    I drive 2 Japanese cars and my Plasma is Japanese (they are our friends). But I'd vote for a proposal to stop importing electronics and automobiles and force us all to buy American only of these things.

Let Apple make everything.