Encouraging article about Woodson

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any news on what exactly the injury is? I have heard the big toe is injured but I haven't heard how? Broken , jammed , etc. Any info would be appreciated. On a side note do you guys think KGB is gonna play with that knee and ankle sprain. He is listed as questionable right now but I would think with both of those sprained thats pretty serious.

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I remember seeing that it was just a Turf Toe injury, something that has been bothering him all season that he's been playing though.

(Is Woodson's injury classic turf toe?)
Pat didn't describe it that way. There's a lot of swelling. There's history of an injury there in the past, so those are the things he has to work through. We'll have a lot better diagnosis as the week goes on. Charles is in there right now getting treatment, and he just has to get the swelling out of there right now.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His toe has been hurt all season, but it hasn't flaired up until this Thursday. We're fortunate that we play on Thursday rather than Sunday... so let's find out on Tuesday.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
I'm starting to feel better about the possibility of Woodson playing. He is vital to us defeating the Cowgirls.

I'm pretty sure he's had a good chance of playing the whole time. At the very worst its a broken toe and you just need to tough it out and take a shot to kill that pain in a game this big but its not broken anyways.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you even play football?

I along with a few of my buds have experienced Turf Toe. It's the big toe that's affected. Most players are required to rest for a MONTH to make a complete recovery.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I along with a few of my buds have experienced Turf Toe. It's the big toe that's affected. Most players are required to rest for a MONTH to make a complete recovery.

That's just a testiment to how tough Woodson is.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When your in a huge game you take a shot to numb it and you get your *** out there.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is a gamer. I think he'll be out there but I'm not sure he's returning punts. Williams or maybe Blackmon if he's back will do that. Maybe even Greg Jennings now that I think about it. He took some reps in pre season.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cut the toe off...and keep playing.

Hell.

You have 9 other toes, so what's the problem?

He better not be back there returning punts. He shouldn't have been back there to begin with.

Put Tramon back there, dammit! :(

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the 2000 NFL season, Charles Woodson started all sixteen games of the season but suffered a turf toe injury which prevented him from practicing. He finished the year with a career high 79 tackles, intercepted four passes, forced three fumbles and recovered one fumble.

I'm pretty sure he will be out there.

roy_munson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the 2000 NFL season, Charles Woodson started all sixteen games of the season but suffered a turf toe injury which prevented him from practicing. He finished the year with a career high 79 tackles, intercepted four passes, forced three fumbles and recovered one fumble.

I'm pretty sure he will be out there.
I may be incorrect about this, but didn't Sterling Sharpe play basically a whole season with a turf toe injury? It would have been back in the early 90's (one of Favre's first years w/the Packers).

I believe the coaches held Sharpe out of practice the entire week but he would suit up and play on Sunday ...

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder if the "just cut it off and play" realizes if it is turf toe( irrittaion to the two tiny bones in the bottom of teh big toe) it will be several weeks before it gets better. Hopefully it is just some irritation to the toe that anti-infammatories can help with
Pack88

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder if the "just cut it off and play" realizes if it is turf toe( irrittaion to the two tiny bones in the bottom of teh big toe) it will be several weeks before it gets better. Hopefully it is just some irritation to the toe that anti-infammatories can help with
Pack88

Turf toe is extremely painful and difficult to run or cut with. It's an injury to the major joint for the big toe. It doesn't sound like Woodson's injury is as bad as it could be though.

I had turf toe a could years ago from a player planting his foot right on the joint. I tried to run, but each time I did, the toe slipped out of joint and I'd have to take off my shoe to put it back in. While attempting to "walk it off" the toe slipped out with each step. It took a couple months of good PT to get back to running and cutting, yet the toe still slips out from time to time.
This was not an injury that could have been solved with a shot for the pain, I could not plant the foot or run.

The only "quick fix" is to cut the toe off at the joint, but I think that would affect his running and cutting ability. Fortunately Woodson has some of the best medical support available and his injury doesn't sound as bad as it could be.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I believe Sharpe played at least an entire season with turf toe. (Maybe even the year he set the reception record.) I don't think he ever practiced.

One of the articles I read said Woodson's injury is not turf toe.

Members online

Latest posts