embrace the tank...

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because it's NOT getting much better for 2017. it'll be a miracle if they win 2 more games. this isn't an angry rant. i'm calm, just being realistic. i don't think they're intentionally tanking but that IS what's happening. they're in the tank and headed to the bottom. so...embracing the tank is better than getting/staying angry. realize a 4-12 record gets the Packers a 10-15 draft pick and a 4th place schedule in 2018. if this happens the ONLY way it's going to be beneficial for 2018 is if Capers and Ted Thompson are gone. a change in defensive, talent acquisition philosophy and evaluation, has to happen. new voices have to be heard. i don't think there's any way Capers and TT survive this. they will be encouraged to retire. so...smile the rest of the way. embrace 4-12 and the tank. better times are right around the corner.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, never going to embrace tanking a season until it becomes mathematically impossible to make the playoffs. Not at that point. Is it unlikely? Of course.. but I'm not putting it into miracle territory.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can't tank even if they wanted to.tank. Tanking would require that they are good enough to win some games. They're not good enough to tank. They're just going to lose no matter how hard they try.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We still have the Browns on the schedule. If we lose to them, then we definitely should have some change in the front office/coaching arena. But watch they somehow win that game. But I'm excited for 2018. If AR can get a Top 10 Pick, which essentially should mean our Draft should start with 2 players who probably have 1st Round grades, this team should improve and with the strength of schedule we should by no means do any less than having a 1st Round Bye in the Playoffs.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If we get a top 10 pick what do we go for? OT? WR? Or some defensive machine?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We still have the Browns on the schedule. If we lose to them, then we definitely should have some change in the front office/coaching arena. But watch they somehow win that game. But I'm excited for 2018. If AR can get a Top 10 Pick, which essentially should mean our Draft should start with 2 players who probably have 1st Round grades, this team should improve and with the strength of schedule we should by no means do any less than having a 1st Round Bye in the Playoffs.
Now this is definitely a good way to look at it.

Too bad the rest of this season will blow.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Vikings/Browns game in London. The Browns sure to make mistakes, but they also have the ability to win games. They haven't yet of course. I'm not so sure that we are locked to win that game, realistically.

I'm an optimist though. This is our best opportunity at a top 10 pick. That worked out pretty well for Dallas last year, being able to get Elliott and then go back to being a playoff contender.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just looked Vikings schedule the could go 4 game road losing streak. The ***** you never know. I don't think we are completely dead yet.

Reaction score
Let’s continue to play ball to Win and let the chips fall where they may.
Giving up is a dangerous mentality. We spend an entire year building a team to win.
Remember we have a relatively young team in its early development stages.
We walk a slippery slope that is far worse than losing a few places in draft order when we entertain a losing attitude.
Imagine for a second that we were lose the next 5. But then we finish the last games with 3 consecutive Wins and we spoil the playoff hopes of a division rival. Or maybe a team like MN or Chicago loses its seeding and then gets knocked out of the playoffs on the road.
Or just the opposite. We let MN win and they finish 12-4 and have homefield throughout the entire playoffs? If we think this year is painful? wait until we give up and let a Division team win the Championship!!
You will never hear the end of it I promise.
And the record is immaterial because IDC if we’re 0-15. I’m sorry but I wanna win that last game.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why tank? Why not just sign a decent QB to the team that has proven he can play in the NFL and keep the team afloat until Rodgers can come back. That won't happen. That being the case, the entire coaching staff needs to go. It's blatantly obvious that McCarthy's offensive acumen is entirely dependent on having the best QB in the NFL, which isn't really that rare a skill. For years there have been many saying that Rodgers covers up for the personnel and coaching issues on this team, well, the golden goose just left the building and the coaches and front office are being left with their pants down.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What decent QB is on the street right now?

A marginally better QB isn't going to make much difference. Our primary problems are:

1) Our corners are terrible
2) Our pass rush is ineffective
3) Our defensive game plan fools no one
4) Our offensive game plan -- without Rodger to audible -- fools no one.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to see thousands of empty seats and no more waitlist, sure...tank!!

I wish. My 4 year and 2 year old kids are on the list and I would love for them to get season tickets in their lifetimes. Probably not going to happen though.

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because it's NOT getting much better for 2017. it'll be a miracle if they win 2 more games. this isn't an angry rant. i'm calm, just being realistic. i don't think they're intentionally tanking but that IS what's happening. they're in the tank and headed to the bottom. so...embracing the tank is better than getting/staying angry. realize a 4-12 record gets the Packers a 10-15 draft pick and a 4th place schedule in 2018. if this happens the ONLY way it's going to be beneficial for 2018 is if Capers and Ted Thompson are gone. a change in defensive, talent acquisition philosophy and evaluation, has to happen. new voices have to be heard. i don't think there's any way Capers and TT survive this. they will be encouraged to retire. so...smile the rest of the way. embrace 4-12 and the tank. better times are right around the corner.

“I’m calmer than you are.” Walter Sobchak, Big Lebowski

The indefensible defense is lost. The drafts have failed, they let Peppers and Hyde go, and even Casey Heyward made the highlight reel.
From my couch side roost I see a diminished Clay, Perry invisible, many in defensive backfield unable to tackle, zero rush.
Sunday will likely be M. Tru*****ski’s coming out party
Special Teams? Special is right. “ isn’t that special”, thank you church lady.
GD, this feels good

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Seemed like an odd suggestion, but don't knock it till you tried it i guess.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Well mate, you're going to get a beating now. No two ways about it. So rather than trying to fight, you might as well relax and enjoy it"

:confused:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will be LUCKY to win 6 games. That should get them a top 10 pick for sure. They don't need to tank they'll lose on their own haha

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't need to tank they'll lose on their own haha
Sad but true. This is a rare opportunity for the Packers, and hopefully one we'll never have to be in again. It'd be great if we could draft a gamechanger in next year's draft.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad but true. This is a rare opportunity for the Packers, and hopefully one we'll never have to be in again. It'd be great if we could draft a gamechanger in next year's draft.
Yeah right, we'll draft Sam Darnold so the Stooges will have a QB and be able to keep their jobs once Rodgers retires

Members online

Latest posts