Eli Manning Benched

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well that didn't take long. The Giants have decided to go with the Rookie Jones. Another older Vet QB not playing in Week 3.

End of an era: The #Giants have named Daniel Jones as their starting QB. Eli Manning goes to the bench.

In Week 2, Drew Brees made his 265th regular-season start, Eli Manning his 232nd and Ben Roethlisberger his 216th. In Week 3, they'll all be on the sideline.

Looks like The Dolphins, The Jets and The Giants are all racing towards that #1 pick in the 2020 draft.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was surprising that he even lasted this season. I think they plan was to keep Eli to provide cover and not throw Daniel off the deep end from Wk.1.

Bucs and Skins should provide some buffer for him to get settled in before they face far tougher opponents in Vikes and Pats.

Idiot team to have traded OBJ.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are the Saints thinking about it?

What for? They already have the leagues' highest paid backup QB in Teddy Bridgewater ready to suit up now. Anyway I don't think Eli would be a better prospect than Teddy give the way he's played past 2 games.

Perhaps they can trade him to Jets after Siemian's injury. Won't even have to change stadiums :roflmao:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What for? They already have the leagues' highest paid backup QB in Teddy Bridgewater ready to suit up now. Anyway I don't think Eli would be a better prospect than Teddy give the way he's played past 2 games.

Perhaps they can trade him to Jets after Siemian's injury. Won't even have to change stadiums :roflmao:

You are correct on Teddy B, I was thinking more along the lines if he tanks, like everyone expects him to, as well as they get news that Brees is going to be out longer than expected. Basically, I was trying to think of a team that has legit SB aspirations. IF Brady goes down this weekend, I can see BB inquiring about Manning.

Members online