1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eli Manning Benched

Discussion in 'NFL Discussions' started by Pokerbrat2000, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Well that didn't take long. The Giants have decided to go with the Rookie Jones. Another older Vet QB not playing in Week 3.

End of an era: The #Giants have named Daniel Jones as their starting QB. Eli Manning goes to the bench.

In Week 2, Drew Brees made his 265th regular-season start, Eli Manning his 232nd and Ben Roethlisberger his 216th. In Week 3, they'll all be on the sideline.

Looks like The Dolphins, The Jets and The Giants are all racing towards that #1 pick in the 2020 draft.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It was surprising that he even lasted this season. I think they plan was to keep Eli to provide cover and not throw Daniel off the deep end from Wk.1.

Bucs and Skins should provide some buffer for him to get settled in before they face far tougher opponents in Vikes and Pats.

Idiot team to have traded OBJ.

3. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    Feels like the Giants are in rebuild mode. Short of their 2016 season, when they finished 11-5 and we knocked them out in the first round, they have been pretty crappy ever since they won the SB in 2011. Sequon Barkley is their building block and dumping someone like OBJ and all the drama around him, wasn't a bad thing IMO.

Lots of teams seem to be in rebuild mode and its only week 3.

Could Manning be available to trade between now and October 30th? I could see a team that is in total contention for a Super Bowl run inquiring into a trade for Manning if they lost their starting QB. His base salary this year was only $11.5M, so come the end of October, that would be reduced quite a bit. Are the Saints thinking about it?

I don't want to see it happen, but if the Packers are 8-0 and Rodgers goes down with a season ending injury, I would much rather see Eli than Tim Boyle take the Packers the rest of the way.

4. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    What for? They already have the leagues' highest paid backup QB in Teddy Bridgewater ready to suit up now. Anyway I don't think Eli would be a better prospect than Teddy give the way he's played past 2 games.

Perhaps they can trade him to Jets after Siemian's injury. Won't even have to change stadiums :roflmao:

5. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    You are correct on Teddy B, I was thinking more along the lines if he tanks, like everyone expects him to, as well as they get news that Brees is going to be out longer than expected. Basically, I was trying to think of a team that has legit SB aspirations. IF Brady goes down this weekend, I can see BB inquiring about Manning.

6. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Shame that. I always had a high opinion of his potential.

7. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    Well, Teddy hasn't played much at all since his injuries over 3 years ago, so who knows. I was kind of surprised when I just saw that he is only 26, so he could surprise a lot of people, including me. It seems like he has been in the NFL a lot longer than 6 years.

8. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Didn't the Giants play musical chairs with Eli Manning last season???
    Maybe he should of retired.

9. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think the plan was to keep him till they blood the Junior shortly and it holds good even now.