Elgton Jenkins

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we just step back and take a moment to acknowledge the awesome year this rookie lineman is having?

Dude has stepped up and IMO has shown the future of the OL is here now. Garnering serious attention, despite it never happening for a lineman, for NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year award. (it will likely go to RB Jacobs or QB Murray)

I know as of Mid-November he hadn't allowed a sack, and I believe this still to be the case (correct me if wrong please).

He is putting together statistically at least an All-Pro worthy year...and the dude is a rookie.

I mean the dude just simply is awesome and not much more gives me joy than hitting on a OL in the draft.

Elgton, here's to you my man! May your time here be long and abilities only get better!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't find any stats but I thought that he gave up a sack against the 49ers, although who didn't? Either way, a fantastic rookie campaign so far.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't find any stats but I thought that he gave up a sack against the 49ers, although who didn't? Either way, a fantastic rookie campaign so far.

That game was the only one which was a blur in my memory banks for him....probably the anger I couldn't see through causing it LOL

D

Deleted member 6794

Can we just step back and take a moment to acknowledge the awesome year this rookie lineman is having?

Dude has stepped up and IMO has shown the future of the OL is here now. Garnering serious attention, despite it never happening for a lineman, for NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year award. (it will likely go to RB Jacobs or QB Murray)

I know as of Mid-November he hadn't allowed a sack, and I believe this still to be the case (correct me if wrong please).

He is putting together statistically at least an All-Pro worthy year...and the dude is a rookie.

I mean the dude just simply is awesome and not much more gives me joy than hitting on a OL in the draft.

Elgton, here's to you my man! May your time here be long and abilities only get better!

According to PFF Jenkins still hasn't given up a sack this season. They have him graded at only 64.5 overall though which is only slightly above average.

Disclaimer for GleefulGary: This was solely meant to be informative, I don't consider it to be a omniscient evaluation of his performance.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I think as well as he does in protection, his real strength will be in run blocking. And that so much depends on who is next to him on the line. Personally, I don't think either side of him is very good at run blocking. My guess is we need another L guard and then put him at center where he just might be incredible. Yeah Yeah, Lindsey is sooo special.:p

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, I think as well as he does in protection, his real strength will be in run blocking. And that so much depends on who is next to him on the line. Personally, I don't think either side of him is very good at run blocking. My guess is we need another L guard and then put him at center where he just might be incredible. Yeah Yeah, Lindsey is sooo special.:p

If Jenkins is up to the task of moving the center I definitely wouldn't mind replacing Linsley with him and saving $8.5 million in cap space for next season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jenkins is up to the task of moving the center I definitely wouldn't mind replacing Linsley with him and saving $8.5 million in cap space for next season.
Yes, but we need another good L guard. And that can only be had in the early rounds aka Jenkins. Maybe Gute has an eye for interior linemen. So many holes, so few opportunities.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, but we need another good L guard. And that can only be had in the early rounds aka Jenkins. Maybe Gute has an eye for interior linemen. So many holes, so few opportunities.

There's no doubt that the Packers would have to add a quality left guard if they decide to move Jenkins to center.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decided not to start a new thread...

Apparently Jenkins was back at practice. After the Smith/MVS/Alexander/Rivers injuries, it is sure nice to see somebody coming back from injury, and one of our best players at that!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts