EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
From now on, anybody who resorts to name-calling/personal attacks or engages in baiting will have to take a couple days off from the site.

If you have a concern about baiting or have been on the receiving end of personal attacks then let the staff (arrow or myself) know and do not post things such as "you are baiting, you are a baiter, etc". Such posts will be deleted outright.

Thank you.

-mgmt

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is having a different opinion than "some" people on the forum considered "baiting"?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most people know when ot's crossing the line. Nothing wrong with a good discussion though. I enjoy a thread with different opinions more then one where every post repeats the same thing.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Is having a different opinion than "some" people on the forum considered "baiting"?

I hope not or we are both in big trouble. I mean usually it starts with a differing opinion than it turns into insults by......yeah you know.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I think most people know when ot's crossing the line. Nothing wrong with a good discussion though. I enjoy a thread with different opinions more then one where every post repeats the same thing.

I do to, it makes it much more interesting. However, if you want to have an alternate viewpoint you better have thick skin.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you only need think skin if someones being an ***. If they just have a different opinion and you're hurt then you better head to the figure skating website.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
To make this clearer, you are encouraged to have different opinion.

If you are a TT supporter, great.

If you are a person who thinks TT is a moron for the job, wonderful.

We want everyone from ALL cricles of thought. The line is drawn when people start calling other members "idiots, jerks, ***holes, etc." because they have a different/negative view of the Packers.

pyle and TA, it isn't as if your different views will get you in trouble. What will get members into trouble is going out and starting threads such as "TT is an idiot..... because I said so and all you who disagree aren't Packer fans". (not that you two do such things)

This is basically to establish some respect again, respect for all schools of thought. If you disagree, use the appropriate grammer to explain why you disagree, rather than resorting to namecalling because you think the person is wrong.

The last couple of weeks we have seen threads turn into pissing matches of attacks and namecalling, and it has REALLY dropped the level of fun at this site. Let's get some wonderful discussion going again, without resorting to acts that are to be expected by little kids.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in pyle's defense he has been on the receiving end of the name-calling multiple times. he never resorts to returning the favor...thats admirable in my opinion.

i just wish we could set aside all lame grudges and get back to talking football, and disagreeing respectfully.

it's not a whole lot to ask.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I particularly care either way, but I find it a bit amusing that one of the people in this thread playing the victim, with a moderator seemingly supporting said victim status..........has what basically amounts to an inflammatory quote in his signature, mocking another member.:mrgreen:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jdlax said:
Not that I particularly care either way, but I find it a bit amusing that one of the people in this thread playing the victim, with a moderator seemingly supporting said victim status..........has what basically amounts to an inflammatory quote in his signature, mocking another member.:mrgreen:

Sure do, but why did I put it there? I did it because Trom does silly stuff like that all the time. I do it and Trom cries to the mods. AADP nicely
asked me to remove it and I politely told him no. When Trom grows up and quits with the childish antics and name calling I will gladly remove it. Up until now, he has not.

I don't resort to name calling as Arrow said but there are SEVERAL members of this board who get sick of certain posters, namely Trom and Packnic, who can't stand that people have other views. Instead of debating them, every thread I respond to is followed by some non-football related personal attack.

When you insult me thats one thing, but don't insult me coaching young men or the young men in general. I work to damn hard to have some internet tough guys try to bash me for it because they are jealous or just can't stand someone taking a different viewpoint.

It's an ongoing problem and I hope this will solve it. I am a damn Packers fan but I question this team and the leadership more and more everyday. If you can't deal with it, don't read what myself,TomAllen,Bruce,Lare,Packedhouse,Yooperfan,etc have to post. Disagreeing is fine, but the insults grow a little old.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well lets see it, mods.

Pyles sig is clearly there to mock me. (i said it, and was apparently wrong)

Effective Immediately, eh? right.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think they need to add another person to the staff to help enforce the rules. The current staff is just so busy with so many other things. Another helping hand wouldn't hurt. Unless its the wrong hand of course.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Sometimes if its not said someone is a Packers fan you wouldn't ever know.

If I wasn't a Packers fans I wouldn't be here Zero. In fact the reason I hate TT stems from my desire to see the Packers compete, not go 4-12.

I had no problem when TT came in but after what I saw out of him last year I was a little concerned. To top that off I see the pattern continuing on to this year. For every good move the guy makes he makes 5 horrendous ones and like it or not, this team was 4-12 last year.

Rebuilding to me is nothing more than a cover-up for incompetence. With Free Agency these days teamd RETOOL not REBUILD, and they DEFINITELY do not rebuild with Brett Favre behind center.

So yeah, I think this team stinks. I think it has marginal talent and bargain guys. I just don't see the brilliancy in TT as some of you do. There are PLENTY of other members on this board who question him everyday. When TT shows me he can build a winning team than I will be the first one to admit I was wrong. I won't make excuses like people try to do to MS for winning. Unfortunately, if us so-called "TT haters" are right when do you others start holding him accountable? Are we going to go into a 15 year rebuilding phase with every year being "we'll get um next year?"

Thats what I fear and that's why I supposedly **** in certain peoples Wheaties. We have a good tradition over the last decade of winning and being competitive, lets keep the tradition going instead of allowing GM's to lead us to 4-12 seasons and broken Offensive Lines. It CAN be done, but sadly I think the CAN turned to WON'T the day Ted Thompson walked into the GB organization.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I think they need to add another person to the staff to help enforce the rules. The current staff is just so busy with so many other things. Another helping hand wouldn't hurt. Unless its the wrong hand of course.

That's fine but you need an objective person to be that guy. AADP and Arrow are about as objective as they come and after that it's either one side or the other.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
That's fine but you need an objective person to be that guy. AADP and Arrow are about as objective as they come and after that it's either one side or the other.

lmao ... you don't know AADP too well... nice guy, but objective? he has his favorites ... right DePack :p

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:

lmao ... you don't know AADP too well... nice guy, but objective? he has his favorites ... right DePack :p

Well, I do know that he has been fair with me and I appreciate that. I know you and him had your little thing but I personally like AADP and ARROW and think they do a great job.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:

Well, I do know that he has been fair with me and I appreciate that. I know you and him had your little thing but I personally like AADP and ARROW and think they do a great job.

You do know what this thread means right? And, if they are fair, what that means?

AADP, Arrow, Ryan and I get along perfectly fine. No 'things' at all. Arrow and I had some problems but that was resolved long long time ago.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:

You do know what this thread means right? And, if they are fair, what that means?

AADP, Arrow, Ryan and I get along perfectly fine. No 'things' at all. Arrow and I had some problems but that was resolved long long time ago.

No I don't know WHAT that means? Maybe AADP or Arrow can let me know.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want this, of all threads, to end with AADP locking it and telling people to check their ***.:)

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Have a question, comment, or concern then let me know by PMing me. Or you can add me on MSN: [email protected]

As the original thread stated, if you do the crime, rest assured you will do the time. So please save yourself the trouble and quit the personal attacks and baiting those of you who know who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts