Edgerrin James

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Why did the Packers not go for this guy?

Edgerrin James?

We had and have the cash, don't we? Didn't we?

I like Green to do well this year and think Gado will be good too. Although I'd feel much better if Edgerrin James was our RB.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green,Gado,Najeh,Herron is why.

-Green can be very good when healthy, and he is ahead of schedule.
-Same with Najeh, but I won't count on Mr. Glass
-Gado can do some damage
-Herron is making a lot of noise

Out of all our weaknesses (CB,safety,Oline,WR,LB) ...spending big bucks on a RB woulda been foolish(imo).

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Green,Gado,Najeh,Herron is why.

-Green can be very good when healthy, and he is ahead of schedule.
-Same with Najeh, but I won't count on Mr. Glass
-Gado can do some damage
-Herron is making a lot of noise

Out of all our weaknesses (CB,safety,Oline,WR,LB) ...spending big bucks on a RB woulda been foolish(imo).

All of which are coming off injury. How old is James? You could bundle Green and Najeh for a OL vet.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would have been stupid to spend money on James without a decent, proven OL. I don't think this team can afford to take risks on aging free agents on offense, unless they come at a cheap price (Green, Davenpoop).

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
subin said:
I think it would have been stupid to spend money on James without a decent, proven OL. I don't think this team can afford to take risks on aging free agents on offense, unless they come at a cheap price (Green, Davenpoop).

I don't think it would be stupid. Yes I agree it all starts at the line. However, I think James is a player who makes the OL, WR and entire offense better.

He's not Barry Sanders, but look what he did for the Lions. He made Herman Moore look good for several years. The Packers are a better team now then the Lions were back then therefore don't need a once in a life time back such as Barry to do what James could do for them.

James would have been a good addition. You'd be stupid to think otherwise.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you have no faith that not one of the players we have can do well?

its:

Do we have players who can do well vs. spend money out the *** for Edge

if we didnt have the other bigger problems (um, WR...Oline...) then I could see it happening, but thats a luxery we dont have. Someone has a man crush on Edge!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
you have no faith that not one of the players we have can do well?

its:

Do we have players who can do well vs. spend money out the *** for Edge

if we didnt have the other bigger problems (um, WR...Oline...) then I could see it happening, but thats a luxery we dont have. Someone has a man crush on Edge!

I think we will be 'fine' at RB. I just think its better to get a solid player you can depend on rather than have added weak area. I'm confident green will come back jus fine, najeh not so much. Gado I think will be back to his normal self too.

The point you fail to see is having a good RB can make your OL loook better than it actually is.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I think James is way too old to spend big bucks on. (Guess this means I'm stupid).

Not really stupid, I don't know how old he is. I'm under the assumption he is 26/28.

I was thinking more in depth about this and James played primarily in a dome on turf. That turns me off. I'm not a fan of players who played primarily in a dome and on a control field. I don't know if that played in their decision or lack of effort or whatever. But considering that I'm not as disappointed in our lack of going for him, atleast the lack of going for him to my knowledge.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edge is 27 and that is right around the age where running backs seem to hit the wall. Being a running back in the NFL would be the worst. They get a rookie contract and then maybe one big pay contract before they are seen as being too old. Running back also seems to be a pretty replaceable position.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Edge is 27 and that is right around the age where running backs seem to hit the wall. Being a running back in the NFL would be the worst. They get a rookie contract and then maybe one big pay contract before they are seen as being too old. Running back also seems to be a pretty replaceable position.

30 is the wall, not 27 :)

I agree with you that RB is replaceable position the last year or two.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
Edge is good but he got top cash and we have a buch of RB's who could peform good, we just need one of them to

Very true and for a fraction of the cost too.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
cheesey said:
I think James is way too old to spend big bucks on. (Guess this means I'm stupid).

Not really stupid, I don't know how old he is. I'm under the assumption he is 26/28.

I was thinking more in depth about this and James played primarily in a dome on turf. That turns me off. I'm not a fan of players who played primarily in a dome and on a control field. I don't know if that played in their decision or lack of effort or whatever. But considering that I'm not as disappointed in our lack of going for him, atleast the lack of going for him to my knowledge.

WAIT a minute.........you start this WHOLE thread about WHY we should have gone after him, say anyone that doesn't think so is "stupid", then post THIS!?!? Are you arguing with yourself???STUPID??? :wink: (j/k!)
( I think you have spent too much time reading the "trollers" threads on here Zero! You're LOSING IT!!!) LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! :lol:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zero2Cool said:
cheesey said:

WAIT a minute.........you start this WHOLE thread about WHY we should have gone after him, say anyone that doesn't think so is "stupid", then post THIS!?!? Are you arguing with yourself???STUPID??? :wink: (j/k!)
( I think you have spent too much time reading the "trollers" threads on here Zero! You're LOSING IT!!!) LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! :lol:

As I posted I thought more about it cheesey. Good to see if you admit you can change your thought you can get blasted for it. I guess I should jus argue and argue my point and be ignorant then you can call me a Bears fan.

I think if we did NOT go for him at all, that'd be stupid, but to break the bank for him, I can see why we didn't and respect that.

Like one person said. We have three players who are capable, all we need is one of them to succeed. I agree with that train of thought more than my original thought of going after Edge because of cap space and age of Gado who I think will end up being our future RB.

I had a thought, got some feedback and changed my way of thinking. I don't get what the big deal is. Atleast I'm man enough to admit it unlike SOME bullheaded people on this board who feel its THEIR way or no way.

... sorry headache is getting the better of me and this kind of crap is stupididious!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James is 27.. It would've been nice to go for him but would you rather empty your pocket book for James or keep Green and Davenport for pretty cheap easy money. In 2-3 years James will be in Green's shoes but with a base salary of 5-7 mil. Would you want that? I'm not sure. I think I rather sign TO then James really. I know people hate TO but TO is not an idiot. He won't start something in Dallas (or wherever he could of gone) like he did in Philly. If he does, no one will give him his money. TO for a 1 or 2 year deal in my opinion would of been a bigger signing for the Pack especially with Walker on his way out.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
cheesey said:
Zero2Cool said:
cheesey said:

As I posted I thought more about it cheesey. Good to see if you admit you can change your thought you can get blasted for it. I guess I should jus argue and argue my point and be ignorant then you can call me a Bears fan.

I think if we did NOT go for him at all, that'd be stupid, but to break the bank for him, I can see why we didn't and respect that.

Like one person said. We have three players who are capable, all we need is one of them to succeed. I agree with that train of thought more than my original thought of going after Edge because of cap space and age of Gado who I think will end up being our future RB.

I had a thought, got some feedback and changed my way of thinking. I don't get what the big deal is. Atleast I'm man enough to admit it unlike SOME bullheaded people on this board who feel its THEIR way or no way.

... sorry headache is getting the better of me and this kind of crap is stupididious!

Wow......someone is OTR today! Didn't you notice the "WINK" and the "J/K!" in my post??? You make those kind of jokes all the time. I thought you'd appreciate the humor.
Guess i was wrong.
Guess it only can work one way.
Sorry

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I'd have to agree on the TO comments. Two year deal though.

Yeah if GB signed TO to a 2 year deal, I think that means Favre plays 2 years and I think GB wins the divsion this year. Then the next year possibly contend for a SB. TO is that good of a player and he would only make the offense better. The running game would be better. Favre and Driver would be better. I already like our defense this year. It would of been a gamble but I think a 2 year deal for TO would of been worth a try. We'll never know what could of been now either.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a gamble at all. Well, if he was given the right incentive laden contract of course lol

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we shoulda got Kitna too..

oh wait...we dont need a QB..

makes as much sense as the 'we shoulda got Edge' stuff.

Members online

Latest posts