Edgar Bennett

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the talk of Packers coaches and personnel people possibly leaving the Packers, and today on the radio the hosts were speculating about the futures of Green and Moss, it got me thinking about Edgar Bennett. I've always been a fan of his; he played hard and was relatively effective for a guy without the greatest talent.

I'll put forth he did a great job as RBs coach. Guys like Jackson and Grant were fairly solid producers, and were similar to Edgar in that they aren't the most naturally talented guys to ever cradle a pigskin. I think Jackson's excellent blocking and effectiveness on screen passes can probably be attributed to his coaching. He was an excellent screen back and blocker himself. I don't think the backs have been as fundamentally sound this year now that Edgar is coaching the WRs. Especially in blitz pickup.

The WRs on the other hand, have been fantastic. Makes me wonder if Edgar has been important to the development of Nelson.

If the Packers lose Philbin and Clements, what might the future hold for Edgar Bennett in Green Bay? Is he an O-Coordinator candidate?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he is an o-coordinator candidate...the main things I have heard he focuses on is PROTECTING THE BALL and having sound fundamentals. He has done a great job of instilling this, but he is also working with superior talent that doesn't have a pre-madonna attitude.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hasn't worked with superior talent at the RB position. Grant was an UFA that only came to Green Bay for a 6th round pick. Starks was a 6th round pick. Brandon Jackson was the highest pick coming in the second round, but in general, none of these guys were studs. They have become studs.

I don't know if Edgar aspires to be an offensive coordinator, but he certainly aspires to be something more than just a position coach or else he wouldn't have moved over to WR coach. He might have his sights set on taking Reggie McKenzie's job or something similar in the front office if O-coordinator or head coach isn't in his sights.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aways away I feel from offensive coordinator. But you will see him and Kevin Greene move up through the team rather quickly I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts