Eddie Lacy unfollows the Packers on Instagram, follows Vikings fan page instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark82

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not fussed about Lacy coming back personally. Had a good first couple of years but has tailed off as he doesn't look after himself well enough for a professional sportsman. Would rather we draft someone, plenty of serviceable RBs available later in the draft and a few top class ones late on.

Wouldn't be fussed for AP. He struggled a bit last year, think his time has gone now.

mark82

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP, Poe, and Revis... this and a full draft... couple rebounds.... championship! Lol

I'd take Poe. Won't happen though. Revis is passed it, there are still better CBs out there.

Be interesting to know if those that wouldn't take Mixon would welcome AP with open arms.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the toughest decision of the offseason for MM, TT, and MMc. Who knows what is in Lacy's head?
Lacy has a lot of "Ifs" associated with him. If he shows up healthy, in shape, and dedicated to getting the Green Bay Packers and not the Minnesota Vikings to the Super Bowl then he should be welcomed into camp with a red carpet!
On the other hand, this is the best RB draft I've seen in a very long time.

My likely scenario: Eddie Lacy is this season's Nick Perry. Offer him a "prove it" deal. If he take it, welcome him with open arms and draft some insurance! If he does not, move on with Ty Montgomery, draft a kid, and add a street free agent or two.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't want Lacy back. Just don't trust him to get right.

Only scenario would be on a 1 year incentive based prove it deal, no guarantees, and let some other team overpay for him in 2018. Otherwise, I think the Packers are better off exploring their options in free agency and the draft.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want Lacy back. Just don't trust him to get right.

Only scenario would be on a 1 year incentive based prove it deal, no guarantees, and let some other team overpay for him in 2018. Otherwise, I think the Packers are better off exploring their options in free agency and the draft.

The draft OK, its supposed to be deep but FA? no way. The only ones I'd be interested in bringing in are restricted. My preference would be Montgomery/Lacy on an incentive deal/ and a rookie drafted mid rounds (3 or 4)

Depending on their plans for Lacy I wouldn't mind a higher pick if their guy falls to them. Decent guys can be had further back as well but I think its more of a crap shoot the further back you go.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and following those values.... what exactly are you actually rooting for and why? The "Packers" is not some magical entity... it is a team of individual human beings. Why would you want to root for a team that consists of people that you claim that you wouldn't want to associate yourself with?
it's just a game man. if the packers win or lose it changes absolutely nothing in my life. I enjoy going to packers games because it is a fun experience and when I do go I'd like to see them win. but I'm in no way a fan rooting and Mixon being on the team isn't gonna change anything in my life either

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think it's interesting that the only notable FA RB to sign so far is Danny Woodhead and he only played in 2 games last year due to a knee injury. You have guys like Lacy, Peterson, Charles, Murray, LeGarrette Blount and DeAngelo Williams who are proven players, yet because of question marks on all of them, teams aren't pulling the trigger and may be hoping to get their guy in what is being called the best rookie RB draft in a long time. Could be a very competitive draft for all of these "great" RB prospects.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would pillage from Michigan to GB if TT got all that and a good draft and kiss his feet personally.
Probably be a lot of upset people in that path of destruction. :)
Yep all 17 of them would lose their chain saw, boat, and snowmobile. Leave them their trolling lures though, they'd need that to survive the winter. Teach a man to fish and all that.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I also thought he unfollowed Taco Bell this time last year...that didn't last too long

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy is like a jug of milk at room temperature. Going bad isn't far away. I'd only want him back on a one year deal for not a lot of money.

D

Deleted member 6794

The draft OK, its supposed to be deep but FA? no way. The only ones I'd be interested in bringing in are restricted.

Latavius Murray might present a viable option in free agency.

D

Deleted member 6794

I want(ed) him, too, but don't understand his lackluster '16 season behind a very good OL.

It's true Murray didn't put up impressive numbers but he rushed for 12 touchdowns last season.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I really like Latavius Murray.

If he wouldn't cost much, I'd be ecstatic by that signing. As you alluded to, he rushed for 12 touchdowns. He was a lot of times their go to back in the redzone, plus he can catch passes out of the backfield and make plays.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of all the unrestricted free agents out there Murray is probably the one would want to see the most. I really like Charles but I'm afraid he may have finally reached the end. I love Peterson's desire and dedication but he is past that 30 year mark as well. He would be my third choice out of the three, actually make that second over Charles but only by a whisker. Murray is only 27 and has not been terrible, a ringing endorsement I know.

Honestly though I don't see any of the three coming to Green Bay. If Ted goes with a FA it will be one of the lower tier guys he may even bring back Michael which I'm not too keen on.

I wanted Lacy back to team up with Montgomery, who I really like, and a draft pick. Now I think it looks like it will be a draft pick so I kind of hope they go a bit higher if the right guy drops rather than leaning on some 5th round flyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts