Eddie Lacy Trade

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a complete hypothetical question, and in no way am I suggesting that Ted should or will do this but if some team were to offer us a 1st Rd pick much like Indy did for TRich, would any of you consider it?

D

Deleted member 6794

This is a complete hypothetical question, and in no way am I suggesting that Ted should or will do this but if some team were to offer us a 1st Rd pick much like Indy did for TRich, would any of you consider it?

NO WAY!!!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

it would have to be a top 5 pick in a good year for me to even consider it.

Lacy is $$$ wise a great deal due to his rookie contract.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would have to be a top 5 pick in a good year for me to even consider it.

Lacy is $$$ wise a great deal due to his rookie contract.

No question about it. I wouldn't do it either I just wanted to see what other thought.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...if some team were to offer us a 1st Rd pick much like Indy did for TRich, would any of you consider it?
Since this is all hypothetical, I guess that means that we'd end up in the same situation as the Browns then: a factory of sadness.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this is all hypothetical, I guess that means that we'd end up in the same situation as the Browns then: a factory of sadness.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Browns robbed the colts on that trade.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only way I'd consider the hypothetical, like ivo610, is if we're talking about a top 10 pick. Then we're basically talking about Lacy straight up for Mack or Barr or Clowney. Would I support making this trade as a fan of the Green Bay Packers and Eddie Lacy? No. Do I think our team would be improved by this trade? Probably.

D

Deleted member 6794

Only way I'd consider the hypothetical, like ivo610, is if we're talking about a top 10 pick. Then we're basically talking about Lacy straight up for Mack or Barr or Clowney. Would I support making this trade as a fan of the Green Bay Packers and Eddie Lacy? No. Do I think our team would be improved by this trade? Probably.

I don´t see any reason thinking about trading a guy who has vastly improved our running game and has already proved he´s capable of producing in the NFL for a pick that might, but not guarantee, getting an impact player.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don´t see any reason thinking about trading a guy who has vastly improved our running game and has already proved he´s capable of producing in the NFL for a pick that might, but not guarantee, getting an impact player.

Obviously, this is all hypothetical. But if you're going to entertain a hypothetical, you want to know that the return is as close to a sure thing as one can get, so we'd have to choose one of this years defenders that is considered to be closest to a sure thing. Consider also that Lacy is not a guaranteed impact player yet either. If we are going to reserve our judgements on players like Perry and Jones until we've seen more of them over time, we have to do the same for Lacy. Perry and Jones need to prove they can be impact players still; Lacy needs to prove he can maintain his level of play. I still worry about his ability to stay healthy with the reckless, violent way he runs.

Again, I wouldn't make this trade and this is all hypothetical.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lacy needs to prove he can maintain his level of play. I still worry about his ability to stay healthy with the reckless, violent way he runs.

While I don´t disagree with you that it´s possible his style of play could lead to durability issues, Lacy only had 390 touches during his college career (way less than a lot of other RBs), so maybe that helps him stay healthy for a long period of time.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richardson got traded because of his dead *** attitude and lack of production. He sucked for the most part with the Browns. His YPC was awful. He continued to be bad for the Colts. Lacy is very productive and seems to actually enjoy playing football...and playing it hard. Richardson is a classic example of a guy who just wants to get paid.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, this is all hypothetical. But if you're going to entertain a hypothetical, you want to know that the return is as close to a sure thing as one can get, so we'd have to choose one of this years defenders that is considered to be closest to a sure thing. Consider also that Lacy is not a guaranteed impact player yet either. If we are going to reserve our judgements on players like Perry and Jones until we've seen more of them over time, we have to do the same for Lacy. Perry and Jones need to prove they can be impact players still; Lacy needs to prove he can maintain his level of play. I still worry about his ability to stay healthy with the reckless, violent way he runs.

Again, I wouldn't make this trade and this is all hypothetical.

This is kind of why I decided to throw this out there. The return on investment for Indy in that deal has been AWFUL, and if they could go back and do it over, I'm almost 100% positive they would.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not for a pick at the end of the 1st.

But if we re-signed Starks and knew we'd be returning him with Harris and Franklin, and it was for a top 5 pick, I'd certainly have to give it a lot of thought if it meant getting that defensive impact player that could finally complement Clay Matthews.

I love having a great running game, everybody does, but it's not as important to me as winning a Super Bowl, and I firmly believe adding an impact player on defense gets us closer to that goal than a great run game.

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richardson got traded because of his dead *** attitude and lack of production. He sucked for the most part with the Browns. His YPC was awful. He continued to be bad for the Colts. Lacy is very productive and seems to actually enjoy playing football...and playing it hard. Richardson is a classic example of a guy who just wants to get paid.

Can you really blame him for not trying very hard at Cleveland?

I got to watch Brandon Weeden at Oklahoma State. He is a much better QB than the O-line at Cleveland makes him look. I wouldn't be surprised if the same could be said for Richardson's run game.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I got to watch Brandon Weeden at Oklahoma State. He is a much better QB than the O-line at Cleveland makes him look. I wouldn't be surprised if the same could be said for Richardson's run game.

He also couldn't even hold off Donald Brown for the starting gig in Indy, so I don't think it's just that.

Richardson is a bust. I don't know what anyone is waiting for on him.

And yes if I was a Cleveland fan I would certainly blame him if he wasn't trying hard. He is paid to try hard, regardless of the circumstance. I just can't identify with the idea that there is ever any justification for a player ******* it on the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Browns have actually one of the best pass blocking units in the entire league and probably the best LT in Joe Thomas. Weeden is not an NFL-caliber QB.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Not for one second would I entertain such a trade. The Pack haven't had a real running back since Ahman Green and were fortunate to stumble across one ... a difference maker that can make a patchwork O-line appear to be run blocking ... nah... not for one second. The very notion makes me hypothetically ill. :)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
How about this we trade Eddy Lacy for Fitzgerald of Arizona plus their first round pick? Nope, really wouldn't be a good mood.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll politely disagree with both of you:

The Browns have actually one of the best pass blocking units in the entire league and probably the best LT in Joe Thomas.

Not sure how anyone could say this after actually watching the Browns this year. The pass blocking wasn't elite, certainly not good enough to warrant calling their o-line "one of the best units in the entire league." Granted, the QB play wasn't good after Hoyer went down but the line wasn't giving Campbell or Weeden any help. That unit quit in 2013.

Weeden never developed NFL QB skills in Oklahoma State's spread offense (e.g., taking snaps under center; 3, 5, and 7-step drops; pro-style sets). Not saying Weeden can't quarterback but his collegiate experience didn't prepare him to do things the Browns (and many NFL teams for that matter) ask their QBs to do. Given his age, I'm not sure what the appeal is at this point.

Going off on a tangent here: IMO, the Big XII sucks in terms of producing quality NFL prospects relative to the talent they recruit. Other major conferences do a much better job on both sides of the football. The data backs me up on this. Everyone needs to make a mental note the next time they get excited about a Big XII prospect.

Last edited:

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll politely disagree with both of you:

Not sure how anyone could say this after actually watching the Browns this year. The pass blocking wasn't elite, certainly not good enough to warrant calling their o-line "one of the best units in the entire league." Granted, the QB play wasn't good after Hoyer went down but the line wasn't giving Campbell or Weeden any help. That unit quit in 2013.

Weeden never developed NFL QB skills in Oklahoma State's spread offense (e.g., taking snaps under center; 3, 5, and 7-step drops; pro-style sets). Not saying Weeden can't quarterback but his collegiate experience didn't prepare him to do things the Browns (and many NFL teams for that matter) ask their QBs to do. Given his age, I'm not sure what the appeal is at this point.

Going off on a tangent here: IMO, the Big XII sucks in terms of producing quality NFL prospects relative to the talent they recruit. Other major conferences do a much better job on both sides of the football. The data backs me up on this. Make a mental note the next time you get excited over some Big XII prospect...

Being from Oklahoma, I have always been a fan of college football. I went to Oklahoma State so forgive me for being a bit of a homer. I also admit that I am only beginning to understand the differences between college and pro football.

Still, his rookie year with the Browns, while I was in Stillwater, my wife and I would go to BWWs to watch the Packers and someone always had the Browns game on while we were there so they could watch Weeden. All I ever saw was Weeden on his back or his receivers bobbling his passes into the hands of defenders. Of course some of that is on Weeden but not all.

We all had high hopes for Weeden's pro career and I still hope he finds success. I hope that explains my excitement for that particular Big XII prospect.

Now, back on topic. Don't trade Lacy. That kid is special.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H

HardRightEdge

Weeden processes too slowly. That translates to not getting through progressions and staring down receivers.

If Richardson's problem in Cleveland was not trying, then certainly I'd blame him. The more likely scenario, however, is he's missing some of the special sauce needed to make the transition to the NFL game.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We FINALLY have a Bell Cow stud RB.....No way in HELL do we trade him! Hes a franchise type RB! Or at least as close as it gets these days!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he makes the offense all that more interesting. It would take more than what any team would be willing to trade to get him.

Members online

Latest posts