Eddie Lacy named PFWA’s Rookie of the Year

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Eddie Lacy, a stone cold lead pipe lock for 2013 NFL Rookie of the Year !

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He better be. Love this guy. FINALLY we have a serious threat back there.
He's my favorite Packer .... I won't assign him any honors yet until he has another year or two but I love seeing him back there. My hope is he stays healthy, and if Harris comes back healthy, Franklin puts some stickum on his hands, etc., we can limit his touches a bit to keep him from being banged up at the end of the year.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to Lacy for a great rookie season. Let's hope for more.

We might have gone from possessing no good running backs to 4 legitimate RBs: Lacy, Starks, Franklin, and Dujuan Harris. That should be an interesting competition next summer, and could possibly garner a trade for someone like Starks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Congrats to Lacy for a great rookie season. Let's hope for more.

We might have gone from possessing no good running backs to 4 legitimate RBs: Lacy, Starks, Franklin, and Dujuan Harris. That should be an interesting competition next summer, and could possibly garner a trade for someone like Starks.

Well, Starks is an UFA, don´t think the Packers will re-sign him.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Congrats to Lacy, if he can work on catching the ball and working on being in the right place for Rodgers check downs he may be even more dangerous next year. Since running it this year he has done great. Also El Guapo I believe Starks is a free agent so i don't think it'd be smart to sign him then trade him.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Eddie runs the ball with an old fashioned reckless abandon. While he has to learn to catch the ball out of the backfield and become more familiar with blocking assignments my only concern about him is staying healthy. Starks ran the ball very well this season too, but he won't be back. With all the Packers UFAs it doesn't make sense to keep Starks at what is now a deep position. With the return of Harris and what should be an improved OL, the Packers offense should be even more dynamic next season.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie runs the ball with an old fashioned reckless abandon. While he has to learn to catch the ball out of the backfield and become more familiar with blocking assignments my only concern about him is staying healthy. Starks ran the ball very well this season too, but he won't be back. With all the Packers UFAs it doesn't make sense to keep Starks at what is now a deep position. With the return of Harris and what should be an improved OL, the Packers offense should be even more dynamic next season.

Yep! Should we post all of the comments from last year when arm chair GMs were screaming for that idiot Ted Thompson to sign Reggie Bush or Steven Jackson?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Lacy reminds me so much of John Brockington that it isn't even funny. Except, Lacy has a much better QB threat with him than Brockington. I hope he gets even stronger and healthier over the off season. He may be a lot of fun to watch in the coming years.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy reminds me so much of John Brockington that it isn't even funny. Except, Lacy has a much better QB threat with him than Brockington. I hope he gets even stronger and healthier over the off season. He may be a lot of fun to watch in the coming years.

Yep... if the Pack O-line stays healthy he's going to kill it next year. Probably the steal of the draft?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Dajuan Harris we will have thunder and lighting 2.0. Lacy will have a career similar to Jerome Bettis in my opinion. The running styles are the same to..Eddie Lacy won't outrun to many ppl but he will get chunk yards and punish tacklers while being a guy who should be able to close out games for you. Harris will allow MM to limit his carries to about 23-24 a game so he doesn't end up to beat up with his running style.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Dajuan Harris we will have thunder and lighting 2.0. Lacy will have a career similar to Jerome Bettis in my opinion. The running styles are the same to..Eddie Lacy won't outrun to many ppl but he will get chunk yards and punish tacklers while being a guy who should be able to close out games for you. Harris will allow MM to limit his carries to about 23-24 a game so he doesn't end up to beat up with his running style.

I agree. The combination of having to work hard to get pressure on Rodgers... while trying to deal with Lacy coming at you with a full head of steam... this really does have the makings of a dominant offense. Once they get teams on their heals it will be a challenge to stop them.

Like I said before, I'm also not usually one to buy into the hype about having to deal with "change of pace" backs...but IMO we saw some of the benefits of that this year with two different running styles... with Harris... that should be even more an issue for defenses.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The comparison to Brockington is apt. I was a fan of Ahman Green to be sure and you can never leave him out of any conversation ... but truthfully, I haven't been as excited for a Packers RB as much as I am for Lacy, since Brockington. In fairness though, Brock was a fullback with another natural fullback blocking for/with him -- Lacy seems to be a man on an island in this particular offense. Still and the same ... I am happy as a stuck pig to have Eddie Lacy ... saw the kid on a couple of the local Packers orientated shows and he seems like a good guy too. Quiet and soft spoken...doesn't talk crap but has a very determined 'way' about him.

Truthfully, I don't think he's real keen on the cold climate though ... gotta get our use out of him during the early years...make no mistake, he's not a Midwest kinda guy...haha ...

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The comparison to Brockington is apt. I was a fan of Ahman Green to be sure and you can never leave him out of any conversation ... but truthfully, I haven't been as excited for a Packers RB as much as I am for Lacy, since Brockington. In fairness though, Brock was a fullback with another natural fullback blocking for/with him -- Lacy seems to be a man on an island in this particular offense. Still and the same ... I am happy as a stuck pig to have Eddie Lacy ... saw the kid on a couple of the local Packers orientated shows and he seems like a good guy too. Quiet and soft spoken...doesn't talk crap but has a very determined 'way' about him.

Truthfully, I don't think he's real keen on the cold climate though ... gotta get our use out of him during the early years...make no mistake, he's not a Midwest kinda guy...haha ...

Trust me, stuck pigs are not happy. They are happy in shi#. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Trust me, stuck pigs are not happy. They are happy in shi#. ;)

Ok. I'll give you that. I'll just amend my statement a bit. If I were a pig (opinions of former girlfriends don't count), and I were stuck, in sh*t, I'd be happy. :)

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lacey old style smashmouth punishing runner.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts