Ed Reed signs new deal

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good move by the Ravens...it also shows how a player can get what he wants and do it the right way...

I hope the Mike McKenzie's and Al Harris' of the world take note and remember a class act in Ed Reed.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think so? I think Ray has matured a lot since his early days in the NFL...almost like he found religion or something.

Is Ray's contract an issue right now? Has he asked for a different deal? I haven't heard anything about it...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
You think so? I think Ray has matured a lot since his early days in the NFL...almost like he found religion or something.

Is Ray's contract an issue right now? Has he asked for a different deal? I haven't heard anything about it...

He was reported as being upset earlier this off season about not getting the cash and how he knew Reed was going to. They had the interview on ESPN.com too.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny how some of these guys can be...take Al Harris for example. When the microphones are on him, all he can say is how he and Woodson will be "bad as sh*t" out there but once he gets behind the scenes, he's pissed and/or jealous of CW's deal...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
It's funny how some of these guys can be...take Al Harris for example. When the microphones are on him, all he can say is how he and Woodson will be "bad as sh*t" out there but once he gets behind the scenes, he's pissed and/or jealous of CW's deal...

I was thinking the same exact thing when I read about Harris not being happy.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose Harris is happy as hell when he's got an average corner on the other side of him holding and committing pass interference every play. This way, he doesn't get near the balls thrown his way and he's now a "shutdown" corner.

I'm not saying he isn't a "shutdown" corner and I'm not saying he is...I think he knows with Woodson on the other side, he's going to have to make a lot more plays than he's used to though...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given Ed Reed A New Deal Is A Great Move By The Ravens.

Look At The Numbers He Has Put Up.

2002 - 85 Tackles, 1 Sack, 5 Ints, 167 Yds, 0 TD, 0 Forced Fumbles
2003 - 71 Tackles, 1 Sack, 7 Ints, 132 Yds, 1 TD, 1 Forced Fumble
2004 - 78 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 9 Ints, 358 Yds, 1 TD, 3 Forced Fumbles
2005 - 37 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 1 Ints, 23 Yds, 0 TD, 0 Forced Fumbles

The reason his numbers went down in 2005 was because he was hurt for part of the season. He can down right play and is one of the best. He has a lot of good years yet to come.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I suppose Harris is happy as hell when he's got an average corner on the other side of him holding and committing pass interference every play. This way, he doesn't get near the balls thrown his way and he's now a "shutdown" corner.

I'm not saying he isn't a "shutdown" corner and I'm not saying he isn't...I think he knows with Woodson on the other side, he's going to have to make a lot more plays than he's used to though...

haha another good point i like it!

Members online

Latest posts