Eat the ball and live for another play

Status
Not open for further replies.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:
He had time to throw. He held onto the ball for to long. It was just a bad decision to throw. Favre had a good day but looking back the turning point of the game was that play. GB could've went up 16-14 or 20-14 but instead New Orleans got a field goal off of the turnover. Easy to blame Favre for that play. He deserves it but remember Favre doesn't play defense. The secondary was awful again and the sad part is we had a pass rush. Brees just stepped up and found the open guy. It was a good game to watch. Maybe not as a fan but overall a well played game and fought game. We saw some improvement from last week as expected. I thought the Saints would win a high scoring close one and they did. I'm not suprised by the outcome as well. Next week the 2 lowly teams of the NFC North will play. Let's see who stinks less this year!

Easy to blame Favre for that play? Because he didn't force the ball? He had time and eventually had hendu open. Just a good play by the defender to hit favre as he was throwing. Why does there have to be "blame" on every play?

Cause some people have to have somebody to "blame". Makes them feel better, i guess. Or maybe they're trying to cover up for someone or something.

But in this case, and as usual, it is incorrect!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Favre had his share of bad plays out there. A lot of folks did. He isnt perfect. realize it.

It isn't about being perfect. It's about constantly blaming him for everything that goes wrong.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i didnt blame him for anything this week.

but i think people hold favre at a high hall of fame level, as if hes a great player. so when he makes mistakes, people put it on his shoulders, cuz hes a hall of famer, and should do better and be smarter.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:
He had time to throw. He held onto the ball for to long. It was just a bad decision to throw. Favre had a good day but looking back the turning point of the game was that play. GB could've went up 16-14 or 20-14 but instead New Orleans got a field goal off of the turnover. Easy to blame Favre for that play. He deserves it but remember Favre doesn't play defense. The secondary was awful again and the sad part is we had a pass rush. Brees just stepped up and found the open guy. It was a good game to watch. Maybe not as a fan but overall a well played game and fought game. We saw some improvement from last week as expected. I thought the Saints would win a high scoring close one and they did. I'm not suprised by the outcome as well. Next week the 2 lowly teams of the NFC North will play. Let's see who stinks less this year!

Easy to blame Favre for that play? Because he didn't force the ball? He had time and eventually had hendu open. Just a good play by the defender to hit favre as he was throwing. Why does there have to be "blame" on every play?

Open your eyes. There were about 3 or 4 white shirts around the ball on that play and Hendo was in between them all. Favre should've just taken the sack. He was actually throwing the ball into the stands according to McCarthy. Hendo was not open!

Favre is accountable for the decision he made to throw that ball. Like I said that doesn't mean it's Favre's fault we loss the game. He doesn't play defense for us but that was the turning point of the game and it made a huge difference.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
That's ridiculous.

What's ridiculous. That Favre threw a bad throw and it was intercepted. That the Packers loss? You have no valid points to backup your statement other than a meaningless post.

Am I blaming Favre for the loss? No

Am I saying this was the turning point of the game? Yes

Like I said is Favre accountable for the throw. All the way. He had a lot of time and stepped up and was hit as he threw when he probably should've taken the sack.

Did we lose because of that play? No, the defense is ultimately what loss the game for us but the turning point was that play.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your post is ridiculous.

Favre threw the ball...like he did all day..55 times for over 300 yards and 3 TD's and he got hit by a defender he couldn't see and it changed the trajectory of the ball, and you are saying that was the turning point in the game, thereby inferring that it was the reason for the loss.

It happens to every QB in the NFL and it wasn't his fault. It's ridiculous that you try to blame him for something like that, yet you do.

I guess people need to pin something on Brett once a game for some reason, even though he plays his heart out for the Pack. Really ridiculous.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
majikman said:
That's ridiculous.

What's ridiculous. That Favre threw a bad throw and it was intercepted. That the Packers loss? You have no valid points to backup your statement other than a meaningless post.

Am I blaming Favre for the loss? No

Am I saying this was the turning point of the game? Yes

Like I said is Favre accountable for the throw. All the way. He had a lot of time and stepped up and was hit as he threw when he probably should've taken the sack.

Did we lose because of that play? No, the defense is ultimately what loss the game for us but the turning point was that play.

Taken the sack? Sorry I disagree he saw an open reciever and AS HE THREW THE BALL was hit. It wasn't like he tried to throw while being wrapped by the defender.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i have to say is that defence wins games.

and we had no pass d.

we need to make alot of changes in that area.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't blame Favre for anything, just give him credit when he "single handedly" (don't mind the receiver that needed to make the catch) wins a game... whatever, he is the QB he gets the praise and criticism for the team. That's what he gets PAID for.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts