Earmark another 4+ million off the cap..

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what does that make our grand total salary?.... like 9 or 10 million.

but seriously thats amazing.

our cap before the rookies was 94 million of an available 126 million.

we are 28 million dollars under the salary cap. 28 million dollars UNDER!

thats amazing. such a good young team, with 28 million to spare. suck on that Dan Snyder.

Reaction score
Look at that money.

Jennings = Extension
Tauscher = new contract
Grant = contract (assuming he maintains his performance)
Kampman extension

Also:

- Aaron Rodgers (assuming he does a solid, if not great, job this season)
- Ryan Pickett
- Atari Bigby (assuming he does a solid job this season)
- Jason Spitz (if he can finally nail down one of the starting G spots and do a solid job)

This team has a lot of players that are putting themselves in line for a really nice raise, and thankfully the Packers have the money available to give them those raises.

It's also nice to see quality players like Taush and Kamp not complain with what they are making, considering the fact that based on the current market those guys are underpaid.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Look at that money.

Jennings = Extension
Tauscher = new contract
Grant = contract (assuming he maintains his performance)
Kampman extension

Also:

- Aaron Rodgers (assuming he does a solid, if not great, job this season)
- Ryan Pickett
- Atari Bigby (assuming he does a solid job this season)
- Jason Spitz (if he can finally nail down one of the starting G spots and do a solid job)

This team has a lot of players that are putting themselves in line for a really nice raise, and thankfully the Packers have the money available to give them those raises.

It's also nice to see quality players like Taush and Kamp not complain with what they are making, considering the fact that based on the current market those guys are underpaid.

Great point with Rodgers. He has two years left on his contract. If he goes Tony Romo on us so to speak (I mean that in a good way) he'll probably get a pretty big contract extension maybe by this time next year. Greg Jennings will too. I think he has only 2 years left on his deal and it'd be a HUGE mistake to let him go.

I actually think Pickett is someone they may consider letting go if Harrell and Jolley play well.

Speaking of Jolley, he'll be line for a new deal if he plays well. Not much left on his deal.

Packers will have some work to do. A lot of people criticize TT for not spending and in some cases I agree but they need this money to sign their younger guys too. What's the point of building through the draft if you're going to let go of all your good draft picks after their rookie contract?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gregorious and Bigby will be my priorities.

Don't be surprised if you see both of them in the Pro Bowl in '08.

Members online

Latest posts