Early Packer grade along with the NFC

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
source

Green Bay Packers
Grade: A-

The Packers used their usual best-player-available strategy with each pick, from No. 37 (Jordy Nelson) to No. 56 (Brian Brohm), and came away with a solid cornerback prospect (Auburn's Patrick Lee) at the end of the second round. GM Ted Thompson knows what he's doing.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be a bit high at this time. I think "A" grades should go to teams that draft players who make major contribututions immediately. Barring injury I doubt any of the 3 2nd round picks will start this year.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Czarneki from fox sports gives GB a C+

Green Bay
Well, the Packers definitely believe that Brett Favre is retired, and they sent him a message just in case he was reconsidering his situation when they picked Louisville quarterback Brian Brohm with the 58th overall pick in a trade with the Browns. Brohm slid this season even though he started the year as a potential top 10 quarterback. The Packers went for value, much like Ted Thompson did when he grabbed a sliding Aaron Rodgers a few years back. The Packers spend their first choice on Kansas State WR Jordy Nelson, who caught 122 passes last season. Nelson has track speed, but the Packers already have a lot of youth at this position. Young defenders Jeremy Thompson, an end from Wake Forest, and Patrick Lee, a cornerback from Auburn, are very athletic guys who figure to stick and compete on a very young defense.
Grade: C+

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr--here is your starting punt returner...for 2008

Against Texas in 2007--see this video

video.aol.com/video-de.../709154843

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be a bit high at this time. I think "A" grades should go to teams that draft players who make major contribututions immediately. Barring injury I doubt any of the 3 2nd round picks will start this year.

First of all i think immediate grades on drafts are stupid, but if your gonna grade em... i dont think the defining feature should be immediate contributors.

A team that drafts several major contributors from a draft is just a bad team that had several holes to fill.

A good draft can be lots of things to lots of different teams. To us a good draft is building depth and competition. To Detroit a good draft is drafting a player that sells tickets or has an immediate impact. Both drafts where good.... just different. Id much rather be in the Packers situation though.

Immediate contributors = bad team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts