Early mock draft.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets hope that one is wrong. Not drafting Perryman is bad enough but to let the Bears get him is worse. Maxx Williams was lower than I though. If there were anyway TT could trade slightly down and still get Perryman and then trade back up and get Williams this team would be nearly Flawless next season.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea of drafting an ILB. BUT an undersized ILB, AND you're leaving Sammie Coates on the board for Seattle? If Ted does that I'm becoming a Bears fan!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not very impressed with that mock draft. I'd prefer something like this:

#30 Eddie Goldman, DT
#62 Paul Dawson, ILB/OLB
#94 Stephone Anthony, OLB

This assuming that Cobb and Bulaga aren't lost to FA. Goldman and Dawson look like immediate starters, and Anthony is also capable of playing either ILB or OLB. Anthony could play ILB and have Clay move back outside, or if Peppers is gone next year Anthony could fill in.

Both Anthony and Dawson are the kind of athletic, hard-hitting LBs that the Packers really need. I'm not sold on Barrington as a starter.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take my early mock back given the positive reports on Denzel Perryman coming out of the Senior Bowl. I'll go with

#30: Denzel Perryman, ILB
#62: Carl Davis, DT
#94 Carl Walford, TE (if he's still on the board)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets just go ALL U for the first 3 picks

#30 Perryman
#62 Duke Johnson
#94 Carl Walford

Duke might sound like a strange pick but he could be a very good addition to the team. DuJuan is probably gone. Duke can return kicks, he can play some WR and be almost the opposite of Cobb...a rb that plays wr if needed. I really like his upside and game changing speed/moves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Lets just go ALL U for the first 3 picks

#30 Perryman
#62 Duke Johnson
#94 Carl Walford

Duke might sound like a strange pick but he could be a very good addition to the team. DuJuan is probably gone. Duke can return kicks, he can play some WR and be almost the opposite of Cobb...a rb that plays wr if needed. I really like his upside and game changing speed/moves.

Don't like the idea of spending a second round pick on a guy who most likely will end up third on the depth chart at RB.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't like the idea of spending a second round pick on a guy who most likely will end up third on the depth chart at RB.

That's why I chose Carl Davis for the 2nd round. Sounds like he had a real good week at the SB and is moving up the charts. Assuming the top DTs will be gone--Williams, Shelton, Goldman, and Brown.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would probably vault past Starks during the season and end up replacing him completely after the season. I just love his ability to line up at WR, begin the formation at RB and go in motion and become a WR and be a dynamic kick returner. I think he has a lot of Reggie Bush's talent with an actual man's frame from day 1 to go with it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The U is just a Pack factory this draft. I've got a new one to add to the list.

CB Ladarius Gunter. Big, physical corner that can tackle. He can get burned by the speedsters....but that is Shields job to cover those guys.

I love what I am seeing in this video. He has a goofy lanky stride to him but he does not seem to be peaking in the backfield but reacting to the play and he is a ballhawk!! I really have no idea who to compare him to. Love how he attacks the ball and wraps up and drops fools at the point of contact.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#30 Maxx Williams TE
#62 Sammie Coates WR
#94 Todd Gurley RB

Get starting TE, #2 running back with starter talent and number 6 WR with talent to grow into number 1 in 2 years when jordy will be better suited as a #4. Gotta keep skill positions well stocked while Rodgers is QB, or he will be one and done just like Favre

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The U is just a Pack factory this draft. I've got a new one to add to the list.

CB Ladarius Gunter. Big, physical corner that can tackle. He can get burned by the speedsters....but that is Shields job to cover those guys.

I love what I am seeing in this video. He has a goofy lanky stride to him but he does not seem to be peaking in the backfield but reacting to the play and he is a ballhawk!! I really have no idea who to compare him to. Love how he attacks the ball and wraps up and drops fools at the point of contact.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

His tackling technique is actually pretty hideous lol. But I do like him too. I've been watching his draft stock in anticipation of drafting a bigger cover corner in the first 2 days this draft, and he's gone from being rated a 7 or UDFA about a month ago to a 3-4th rounder now. Have to see what the combine does for him I suppose, but he might not be a cheap get.

D

Deleted member 6794

#30 Maxx Williams TE
#62 Sammie Coates WR
#94 Todd Gurley RB

Get starting TE, #2 running back with starter talent and number 6 WR with talent to grow into number 1 in 2 years when jordy will be better suited as a #4. Gotta keep skill positions well stocked while Rodgers is QB, or he will be one and done just like Favre

ILB has to be addressed in the first three rounds during the draft. With Adams emerging this season I don't see Coates as a good fit for the Packers. I don't feel the need spending a third round pick on a RB.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#30 Maxx Williams TE
#62 Sammie Coates WR
#94 Todd Gurley RB

um...

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem i see with this draft is that there is a lot of useful talent projected between 35-50. 1 of the ILB's can easily be had in that range and I think Maxx Williams can be as well. TT needs to fine a way to move into that range twice. I feel like all the ilb's, maxx williams and duke johnson are all in that range but they will be gone by the slotted 2nd round pick.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now the SI mock draft (which I put very little stock into) has Perryman, Dawson, Maxx, Kendricks all as 1st round picks. Pretty sure SI's guy had Perryman in something absurd like the 6th round not too long ago.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now the SI mock draft (which I put very little stock into) has Perryman, Dawson, Maxx, Kendricks all as 1st round picks. Pretty sure SI's guy had Perryman in something absurd like the 6th round not too long ago.

That SI Mock draft looks pretty off. Four ILBs going in the first round and Eddie Goldman and Jordan Phillips dropping into the 2nd round? I just don't see that many teams willing to use a draft pick on an ILB in the 1st. Arik Armstead dropping to the mid-2nd round and Nate Orchard too? Seriously doubt it.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't mind us spending a pick on a RB in the middle rounds somewhere this year. While I like Starks, I'd like to see us have a bit more explosion in the backfield backing up Lacy. A thunder and lightening combo so to speak. I'd really like to have a RB who is a threat to take it to the house anywhere on the Football field.

We could also look at FA for that type of RB. RB's are not really a premium anymore and I'm sure some RB with speed that can catch screens and check downs will be available in FA.

But yes, we need to address ILB in the first two rounds. I'd also like to see us come out of this draft with another TE as well.

Todd Gurley will be available in the middle rounds. Some team that doesn't directly need a RB will draft him and let him heal to 100% before unleashing him. Gurley is also the type of pick in the middle rounds that I could see TT taking a flyer on. He'd be the BPA by round 4 or 5. Gurley can also return kickoffs and hes damn good at it.

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am all about getting an additional RB. Harris is as good as gone and that leaves the pack with Lacy and Starks. I wanted Duke Johnson but he is going to be gone in the 2nd round most likely. Being able to run routes and catch the ball is imperative IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

Todd Gurley will be available in the middle rounds. Some team that doesn't directly need a RB will draft him and let him heal to 100% before unleashing him. Gurley is also the type of pick in the middle rounds that I could see TT taking a flyer on. He'd be the BPA by round 4 or 5. Gurley can also return kickoffs and hes damn good at it.

IMO there´s no way Gurley drops to the fourth or fifth round.

D

Deleted member 6794

That is what they said about Marcus Lattimore too........

While Gurley tore his ACL last season Lattimore's injury history was way worse as he wasn't even able to get on the field once in two years before retiring.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO there´s no way Gurley drops to the fourth or fifth round.

Agreed, there's no way. Won't be surprised if he's the first RB taken and in the 1st round. He looked in college to be a very, very rare talent before his injury.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts