Early mock draft.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeremy Langford out of Michigan State is an intriguing day 3 RB prospect. He is pretty good at catching the ball and pass blocking. I think those 2 things are very important.

I still am willing to spend a 2nd round pick on Duke Johnson. I am just so impressed with what he does and how it compliments Lacy and the offense. He can run the wheel route better than any college RB available and he can line up at WR. He can get around the corner running the ball.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
In my ideal world:
#30: Danny Shelton
#64: Paul Dawson
#94: Tyler Lockette

In a world where it was unfortunate and we did not resign Cobb:

#30: Sammy Coates
#64: Ramik Wilson
#94: Jeffrey Wittaker

Best options if we have Cobb:

#30: Danny Shelton/Bendrick Mckinely/Eddie Gouldman/Paul Dawson in that order who is available
#64: Paul Dawson/Ramik Wilson/Jeffrey Witaker/ Ellis McCarthey
#94: Jake Ryan/Jesse James/Jean Sifrin

****Perryman is too small to be the run stopping ILB we need!

D

Deleted member 6794

In my ideal world:

#30: Danny Shelton/Bendrick Mckinely/Eddie Gouldman/Paul Dawson in that order who is available

Shelton won´t be there at #30. If the Packers don´t re-sign Cobb Coates would be an odd choice as we would need someone to replace Cobb in the slot. In this case I would be fine with Tyler Lockette. Jeffrey Whitaker would be a terrible choice in the third round as he mostly likely won´t be drafted at all. Ramik Wilson would be a huge reach in the second round.

BTW we have pick #62 in the 2nd round.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Shelton won´t be there at #30. If the Packers don´t re-sign Cobb Coates would be an odd choice as we would need someone to replace Cobb in the slot. In this case I would be fine with Tyler Lockette. Jeffrey Whitaker would be a terrible choice in the third round as he mostly likely won´t be drafted at all. Ramik Wilson would be a huge reach in the second round.

BTW we have pick #62 in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't knock Shelton out by #30, because not many teams are definitively looking for a 3-4 NT. Also, there is a lot of time between now and the draft. Many players will rise and many will fall. Jeffrey Witaker is a player that's stock could drastically rise in the next two months. Coming off of a injury in 2013 hurt him, but he has the agility, experience in 3-4 role and leadership quality the Packer's could eventually benefit from. I think Ramik Wilson is very plausible to reach the 2nd and even 3rd round. There is a lot of talent at the ILB position in this draft. Anything can happen, especially before the combine's. Coates definitely would not be a solid slot receiver, but Davante Adams could be.

And I apologize addition is not my forte.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't knock Shelton out by #30, because not many teams are definitively looking for a 3-4 NT. Also, there is a lot of time between now and the draft. Many players will rise and many will fall. Jeffrey Witaker is a player that's stock could drastically rise in the next two months. Coming off of a injury in 2013 hurt him, but he has the agility, experience in 3-4 role and leadership quality the Packer's could eventually benefit from. I think Ramik Wilson is very plausible to reach the 2nd and even 3rd round. There is a lot of talent at the ILB position in this draft. Anything can happen, especially before the combine's. Coates definitely would not be a solid slot receiver, but Davante Adams could be.

You´re right it´s possible a lot of players will raise and fall between now and the draft. But I´m not a huge fan of guys rising because of the Combine and pro days, I´d rather like them being impressive on film.

I´m not convinced Adams would be a great fit playing in the slot.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my ideal world:

Perryman is 6'0 245....too small?

H

HardRightEdge

The only ILB I'd consider in the first round is Kendricks. He has a complete tool set, hits bigger than his 230 lbs., and projects as a 3 down player, not something I can say about the other candidates.

Dawson and Coates are among the most overrated prospects mentioned in this thread.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And I apologize addition is not my forte.

It's far more likely that Malcolm Brown or Eddie Goldman or Jordan Phillips is there at #30 rather than Shelton. Shelton's stock went way up after the Senior Bowl.

I just haven't heard that much about Ramik Wilson, but with Paul Dawson getting a lot of press, he's very likely to be there in the 3rd round unless he really impresses at the Combine.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only ILB I'd consider in the first round is Kendricks. He has a complete tool set, hits bigger than his 230 lbs., and projects as a 3 down player, not something I can say about the other candidates.

Dawson and Coates are among the most overrated prospects mentioned in this thread.

Opinions on Kendricks vary widely. Some have him as a 1st rounder behind McKinney, others a 2nd rounder.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you ever see him live? He's like 5'10 with cleats on

And you figured that out just by looking at him on the field?

How tall are our Packer players really then? Since you're seemingly an expert on peoples heights on a TV ;)

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dawson as overrated? Seriously? His stock is rising. He started out as a mid round pick before the season started, but hes slowly gaining momentum.....

H

HardRightEdge

Dawson as overrated? Seriously? His stock is rising. He started out as a mid round pick before the season started, but hes slowly gaining momentum.....
I replied to your post in the "What We Need Going Forward" thread with a video showing Dawson getting pushed around in the run game. Did you look at it?

RepStar15

Reaction score
And you figured that out just by looking at him on the field?

How tall are our Packer players really then? Since you're seemingly an expert on peoples heights on a TV ;)
In person live, he's tiny and it shows when he stands next to his team and plays on the field. He is quick and can make some big hits but guys literally jump over him. Think someone needs to watch some film

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Film?? Here are a few clips of Perryman using his low center of gravity to his advantage and absolutely blowing up the ball carriers. The only concern I have with him is if he gets matched up covering a tight end that is 6 or 7 inches taller than him. I think they would start hearing footsteps with him though. He lays wood that hard.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RepStar15

Reaction score
Film?? Here are a few clips of Perryman using his low center of gravity to his advantage and absolutely blowing up the ball carriers. The only concern I have with him is if he gets matched up covering a tight end that is 6 or 7 inches taller than him. I think they would start hearing footsteps with him though. He lays wood that hard.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I never said he wasn't fast and didn't make big hits, I said he is little and gets jumped over by college running backs. Think he's going to stop bulls like marshawn lynch and cover TE's like Bennett and kearse?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he can put the hammer down on most running backs. He won't stick Lynch or Lacy and upend them but he can probably finish them off if someone else has a hand on them. London Fletcher was a pretty damn good NFL linebacker and he is probably a mirror image of Perryman physically.

As far as coverage goes I think he has good recognition and can hang with the guys...I just don't know what he can do other than light a guy up when he is 6'6 and reaching up high for a ball. Like I said before...thats for Dom to figure out with his coverage package. Its also not like all MLB's are 6'4. The average height is probably 6'0 for them.

RepStar15

Reaction score
We need a linebacker like Jamie Collins, an all over the field type of leader that won't get caught on blocks and makes the play. I can't foresee perryman transitioning well into the nfl especially a 3-4 defense that needs improvements in the run game.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a linebacker like Jamie Collins, an all over the field type of leader that won't get caught on blocks and makes the play. I can't foresee perryman transitioning well into the nfl especially a 3-4 defense that needs improvements in the run game.

I don't know where you will find the Jamie Collins of this draft unless it's an OLB, because that's what Collins is I believe. The closest thing at ILB would be Eric Kendricks.

Kendricks is fast and explosive but not as stocky as Perryman. Perryman is the most physical ILB out there. Frankly I wouldn't be disappointed with either of these guys.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dawson really needs someone to put together a decent highlight video for him. I don't have the patience to pick through all the individual game films of him. Right now he kinda reminds me of Brad Jones and that is not good. Kendricks reminds me of Rey Maualuga and Perrymen reminds me of Ray Lewis.

Reaction score

I've been watching Benardricks film. If he's around I think he's our guy. Good tackler and very quick and hits the LOS with a pop. At 6'5" 250 ; 40+" vertical and Projected sub 4.5 speed. WoW! a little seasoning like most at a higher level with footwork etc.. but I'm seeing a lot of upside and seems to fit our needs. Mostly projections mid 1st round. Edge, do you think he has a decent shot of sliding #30?

Last edited:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dawson really needs someone to put together a decent highlight video for him. I don't have the patience to pick through all the individual game films of him. Right now he kinda reminds me of Brad Jones and that is not good. Kendricks reminds me of Rey Maualuga and Perrymen reminds me of Ray Lewis.

Dawson will be the fastest LB in this whole upcoming draft. Hes a sideline to sideline LB. A Chase-You-Down and Coverage type of LB.

I think he'll be very good and he has the frame to add a little more weight.

D

Deleted member 6794

I've been watching Benardricks film. If he's around I think he's our guy. Good tackler and very quick and hits the LOS with a pop. At 6'5" 250 ; 40+" vertical and Projected sub 4.5 speed. WoW! a little seasoning like most at a higher level with footwork etc.. but I'm seeing a lot of upside and seems to fit our needs. Mostly projections mid 1st round. Edge, do you think he has a decent shot of sliding #30?

It's interesting that McKinney has dropped during the last few days and is now ranked behind both Kendricks and Perryman on several boards.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts