1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Earl Thomas

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by ThinkICare, Feb 6, 2010.

1. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrjr5HG_ck]YouTube - S Earl Thomas Highlights/Lowlights 2009 Texas vs Ok. St./Nebraska/Bama[/ame]

From Earl Thomas Scouting Report - 2010 NFL Draft Prospect

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I didn't see much at run support, and he's small. Don't think he can play SS, and at FS we're already set... Plus, he's slated to go higher than 23...

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    More scouting:

4. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Besides not being great in run support, he's an amazing prospect. I'd love it if we got him. He's shown he can make up for his small frame with his great coverage abilities. He has tremendous upside since was only a sophomore and can only get better from here. Sounds like a former Texas player currently with the Pack, hmmmm....

5. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The thing about Thomas is that he will fill two holes on our team for us. He has started both as a Safety and Cornerback from time to time in college. So I wouldn't mind if we had this guy as our starting SS or move him to nickel or cornerback.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Not only that, what we really need out of our Safeties is coverage ability. We have shown we can stop the run. We need more guys that can cover. I'd gladly exchange run support for coverage skills in my SS.

I'd rather have both, though...

7. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Just stumbled on the latest cheeseheadtv article and a lot of what it's saying makes sense. Based on the needs of other teams there's a high chance that Earl Thomas presumably falls down to us. Plus Taylor May's draft stock has been (surprisingly) rising following his pro day so he'll be pushing Thomas for the No. 2 spot of best safety in the draft. Thomas may fall a little because of it and fortunately it might place him at pick 23.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    gramar cop.

#3 safety. #1 is Berry...

didn't read it, but it's possible. Would love for us to pick him, because he has played corner also. He could be Chuck Woodson of the other side. He could interchange S, CB, and LB, like woodson, in Capers scheme.

We'd be unstoppable!!!

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    I think he is two years away from having an impact on the field but I like him.

10. herrry.orason

herrry.orason Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    An NCAA rules states that a team can have as many same number players as they want but those players cannot be on the field at the same time with the same number.