Earl Little - GONE

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
It's on the Packers web site -- both Little and Lucas are gone.....
I guess that tells us how bad he was ( Little ) if Roman could beat him out!
So there is an opening on the 53 man roster, what do you think TT will do with it?
Is it worth filling?
I believe TT has a plan.
What could it be?

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im actually impressed with romans performance this year. yes theres mistakes but its alot better than a mistake every game last year.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roman's playing fine, but we're missing decent backups.

Cutting Joey Thomas killed us on Monday night. Not having Thomas meant that Horton is the nickle back and he was the one who gave up the big catch at the end to set-up Minny's FG. Of course Thomas was the one who screwed up the first Minny game by allowing the WR to get out of bounds, setting up the winning FG.

Still, Little was not impressive and now he's injured. Cutting him allows another young prospect to get some experience.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thomas would not have helped. As Ron Wolf would say Thomas is a NFL Europe caliber player not a NFL America.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After it took him over 30 yards to tackle a ball carrier the other month, I'm surprised it took the Packers this long to cut him.

I hope Underwood can grab the other safety position next year. I'm still not happy with the way Roman always tries to tackle everyone by diving at their feet, and he never seems close to ever making an interception.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, i remember that play, he had the guys arm, but he kept dragging him with him..lol...then collins came and tackled him like a man

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
lol, i remember that play, he had the guys arm, but he kept dragging him with him..lol...then collins came and tackled him like a man

that was pathetic

the thing thats always been in the back of my mind about little is how he was singled out as the guy who blew the big TD catches by braylon edwards and steve heiden in the browns games

no big loss, i like how we are bringing in established nfl'ers, not OLD guys, but established players, and we're giving them shots...raynoch thompson, arturo freeman, unfortunately adrian klemm, earl little...some of them don't work but i think this is a theme we should come to expect with ted thompson this offseason

certainly the quality of free agents will go up now that we have cap space, but look for a lot of mid-level free agents, no big money signings...which i'd rather have than having joe johnson-types who show up on our payroll two years after we cut them

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
but look for a lot of mid-level free agents, no big money signings...which i'd rather have than having joe johnson-types who show up on our payroll two years after we cut them
I know a lot of people are upset still over the Joe Johnson deal. Hind sight is always 20/20. He didn't work out but I liked the idea of trying to get the big stud DL that would give them a solid pass rush. You can't say all the signs where there when he was playing for NO. There have been many players who put it all together when they move on to a new team.
They tried and it didn't work. I won't fault them for making the effort. But when he didn't work out they cut him loose instead of hanging on to him like they did with Hunt until TT gave him the ax.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
I know a lot of people are upset still over the Joe Johnson deal. Hind sight is always 20/20. He didn't work out but I liked the idea of trying to get the big stud DL that would give them a solid pass rush. You can't say all the signs where there when he was playing for NO. There have been many players who put it all together when they move on to a new team.
They tried and it didn't work. I won't fault them for making the effort. But when he didn't work out they cut him loose instead of hanging on to him like they did with Hunt until TT gave him the ax.

no i agree with that, but what i'm saying is, when you sign guys to big money, they hurt you more if they dont perform--i look at it as every free agent has the same potential to fail, whetehr it be injury or just decrease of skills--we sign guys like adrian klemm who stink it up, but his contract isn't that big so there is still room to bring in other guys...if joe johnson gets hurt, we have a huge chunk of change to give him, and that is still on our payroll today...

joe johnson was money in the games that he played but unfortunately he never put together a consistent couple of weeks--fortunately we recognized this problem with vonnie holliday and didn't re-sign him, allowing kansas city to give him the big payday...we recognize these problems with ahman green and i hope to god we don't give him anything, unless it be with the packers at a close to minimum price to take over the duties tony fisher had at one point...because i dont see him getting big money or him being his old self after this leg injury

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the differentiation for a guy who was on Injured Reserve during the final year of his contract and being released. As a vested veteran he receives his salary for the year regardless. He can now sign with another team. There may be some reason the Packers have like the time frame to sign an NFL-E type player at the end of the year. Little was not counting against the 53 roster. The move seems to give LIttle the advantage of looking for a team early.

Now, some of you have a misconception regarding a certain play.

ArizonaPackerFan said:
After it took him over 30 yards to tackle a ball carrier the other month, I'm surprised it took the Packers this long to cut him.
I'm still not happy with the way Roman always tries to tackle everyone by diving at their feet, and he never seems close to ever making an interception.
tromadz said:

Please review the film, Collins missed the tackle, Little with bad position did not get a good handle on the receiver, Collins comes back 30 yards later and makes the tackle. Had Collins not missed the original tackle Little would not be with the receiver 30 yards downfield. It was early in the year and a rookie mistake.

Earl Little's inability to improve position, grip, or tackle overshadowed a larger mistake. Review the film and your opinion will change.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Regardless, Collins wasn't dragged for 30 yards as if he was a child attempting to tackle a man. Missed tackles happen, getting embarrassed for 30 yards shouldn't.

Members online

Latest posts