Eagles would be better w/ Favre (says to)

BigNastyD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The T.O. Favre comment

Someone was asking for the story on the TO/Favre quote. So here it is.

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens thinks the Eagles could be undefeated at this point in the season if they had Brett Favre at quarterback.

In an exclusive interview with ESPN.com contributor Graham Bensinger, the outspoken wide receiver also said injuries to Donovan McNabb have slowed the Eagles (4-3) this season.

"If Donovan wasn't hurt our record would probably be better," Owens said Thursday night.

ESPN analyst Michael Irvin recently said the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre were the starting quarterback.

Asked for his thoughts on Irvin's comment, Owens said: "That's a good assessment, I would agree with that, just with what [Favre] brings to the table.

"A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries. I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens returned to practice Thursday after suffering a sprained ankle in the loss to Denver on Sunday. He's listed as questionable for Philadelphia's game, but told ESPN.com, "I would say I'm closer to playing than not."
McNabb has been bothered by injuries all season. He's been hampered by a sports hernia since Week 1, and also has a bruised chest and shin. McNabb missed his second straight practice Thursday with a rib injury and was downgraded to questionable.

Owens also hard harsh things to say about the Eagles for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch Oct. 23 at home against the Chargers.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, said he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

"I just want to be happy," he said. "If it's here, then I would love to be here; if not you got to move on. ... If there's a situation where they have a change of heart and come to their senses and pay me what I'm worth, then I'd be more than happy to be here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... L224=10000

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to speaking out again

BTW...I really dislike Jim Rome, but I love it when he refers to him as "to" (instead of T. O.)

Read it if you want to see more of to burning as many bridges as he can.

Also, he doesn't think he'll be in Philly next year, and thinks very highly of Brett....OK, someone has to ask the question!!!...

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The T.O. Favre comment

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, said he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

"I just want to be happy," he said. "If it's here, then I would love to be here; if not you got to move on. ... If there's a situation where they have a change of heart and come to their senses and pay me what I'm worth, then I'd be more than happy to be here.

That makes my stomach turn. Pay him what he's worth? Now I know he couldn't survive on that. What a worthless piece! And wah, wah, wah, "Mommy, they didn't shoot fireworks when I scored my 100th TD." Grow up before I throw up.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read the article. It was TO responding to a comment from Michael Irvin.

It brings up an interesting idea though . . . .

Brett can play for sure another 4-5 years healthwise.

The direction we are going he may decide to retire earlier.

I would think we could easily get a #1 draft pick for him and maybe more in a trade.

Yes I know it is sacrareligious to say such a thing. . . but if we could think outside the box it may not be a bad idea.

Just think getting 2 #1 draft picks for 2006 and 2007 with other draft picks attached . . . much like the Vikes Hershel Walker trade to Dallas which helped set up the Dallas Superbowl teams.

Thoughts? The Press would definitely support the Packers value request for Favre even if it is realistically too high. Some team would pay it. Plus Favre gets fans into the seats.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yount,

I think you always have to do what's in the best interest of the team, not any particular player. So, if it is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that the Pack would substantially benefit from a trade, well, the Packers come first IMO.

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
okay this is just a dream but what if, we get owens and a healthy walker, driver, draft a good running back and brett stays for 2 to 3 years we could make another run for the super bowl next year or the year after. our defense will continue to improve the right draft picks, pickup 1 or 2 free agents in the off season. boy am i dreaming but if owens will play for less to play with brett to make a run just like reggie white did, and i believe owens attitude would be much better playing for the packers and brett favre. i know its just fantasy but favre has not had a great wide receiver since sharpe. just a thought

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does anyone listen to anything Owens says.

He has bad mouthed every QB he ever played with. He called Garcia a homosexual and said Marriucci deliberately lost an overtime game when the winning interception had bounced off Owens hands.

You should not listen or take seriously anything Owens says. He is a nut.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to is not leaps and bounds better than JW/DD, or at least not nearly enough to justify the headaches, embarassment to the organization, or the $$$ he'll demand. Plus, the Packers need an entire interior o-line much more than they need another wr.

Sign either Green or Najeh back for cheap (they won't be able to demand much), draft a 1st round rb, and then fix the frickin line. That's enough work for one offseason :)

Brooks87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
to speaking out again

BTW...I really dislike Jim Rome, but I love it when he refers to him as "to" (instead of T. O.)

Read it if you want to see more of to burning as many bridges as he can.

Also, he doesn't think he'll be in Philly next year, and thinks very highly of Brett....OK, someone has to ask the question!!!...

Lol me too..I love it when Rome say TO instead of T.O.I cant stand TO either.I mean he's a great WR but he's to much of a "Drama Queen" IMO.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all........how many times are we going to have to listen to the trade Favre crap. Favre has said over and over HE WILL NEVER PLAY FOR ANYONE BUT GREEN BAY. And if he changed his mind ...nobody would give you 2 number 1 picks for a 36 year old QB that has taken the beating of a 42 year old QB.

Second....whoever thinks TO thinks highly of Favre is out of their mind. TO thinks highly of one person....TO. He rags on every QB he has played with. I live in the Philly area and let me tell you something. TO didn't make this statement to compliment Brett. He did it to make McNabb look bad. He absolutely DESPISES McNabb. I'm not a big McNabb fan but TO hates him for two reasons....recognition and money. It just so happens that QB's get more of both. Which is why he never gets along with his QB. He is the most self-absorbed football player....no make that human being......in the world.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O. would tarnish the Packers and be an emarrassment. Half of the first year with the Packers he would be fine, but then something would go wrong and he'll start his charade.

Besides, I don't think T.O. would fare very well in small-town Green Bay.

I doubt TT will even bother with him and Rosenhaus.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O.'s comment about Favre and the Eagle Organization

The Philly media is all over this thing. T.O. met with Andy Reid and held a press conference apologizing for his comments about the eagle organization. He read a prepared statement and he made it obvious that he was insincere. He made sure everyone knew he was reading a prepared statement. Never mentioned McNabb!

Rumor has it that the eagles told him to apologize or face disciplinary action including fines and possibly suspension. This is not over. The eagle's can't be happy with his apology. Stay tuned!!!

BTW.......I love it!

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious that this whole thing was started by Michael Irvin, the same guy that said that Favre was "washed up" earlier this season. :lol:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: T.O.'s comment about Favre and the Eagle Organizati

That was a heart felt apology if I have every seen one :) :roll:

*MERGED TOPIC*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts