Eagles dream team?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know on paper they looked good but I really didn't see them living up to the expectations all along.
Vick is overrated. Last few games of the seasons he showed his true colors. Once a team can figure out how to stop him (like the Giants did last year) he isn't the savior. if you live by Vick, you die by Vick.

ESPN just loves the Eagles. Every year they over inflate them with hype like they are really a dream team. Remember Kevin Kolb? He sure hasn't done anything yet for the Cardinals. He wasn't that good anyway, but since he played for the Eagles, he was godlike.

Their super bad *** secondary got BURNED yesterday by Eli Manning. Where was those corners that were supposed to be bullet proof? Eli is a decent QB at best, but they let him look really good yesterday.

When Vick got on the podium yesterday and just *****ed and whined about getting hit and how "I don't get no flags but every other quarterback does" I lost every piece of respect I still had for the guy. How many times did Rodgers get sacked in 2009 and did he ever get in a press conference and point fingers and blame the refs? We got SCREWED in the playoffs on an un-called facemask penalty and he didn't complain. He would not make it if this was the 1980's or 1970's when quarterbacks got treated like any other player.

I knew this was going to happen and now we can all laugh at it. Spend ALL THAT MONEY on Vick and he can't even go 2 games without his cocky sorry *** getting injured. Before the season even started he thought he was super man saying "no defense can stop me" well it looks like 3 defenses this year have limited him.

While I still think Philly can turn it around..and I just mean the defense..I think they guys they picked up are well rounded players that want to win..Not like Haynesworth when he went to DC

I think it was a crime Vick took that money...I thought the same thing when he took that money in Atlanta...He doesnt deserve that because he will get hurt..

Sometimes teams get lucky

I.E. Giants beating the Pack, the the Pats in the SB..their sub par secondary sure put it our wr and the Pats wr..

Tampa beating the Pack few years ago

Pack losing to Indy when they were 0-8

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is hilarious! Now some Eagle's fans are hollering for McNabb to come back!

I don't normally like to find humor in the misfortunes of others but the beginning of the Eagles season is reading more like A Series of Unfortunate Events, the NFL addition.

Thanks, I needed a laugh after work today, that is hilarious

I remember last season even after we took Kolb out the game, Eagles fans wanted him over Vick. They drink that kool-aid from ESPN too much if they actually believed Kolb would win them something.

I haven't really had a problem with Eagles fans like I do with those annoying Pittsburgh fans, but they are just never satisfied. Even when they blew out Washington by 50 points, they wanted it by 60 points. I don't think they've had to deal with losing as bad as some teams have or they really would be more appreciative.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is Karma, The Eagles will not win a title while Vick, the torturer of helpless animals is the QB.
I still cannot believe that any team in the NFL not only touched him with a 10 ft. pole but took him back as well.
Are they that stupid?
Did they not see or know about the outrage Michael ***** caused?
Yeah, it does figure that the Eagles with their thug fans do take in an ex-con who murdered living beings.
But they didn't have to stoop that low.
I hope the Eagles never ever win a SB. Even after ***** leaves.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Philadelphia to me is an average playoff team.

Look at who named them the "dream team", ****ing Vince Young who sucks!!! That's why he's not a starter anymore.

ESPN loves the East teams for some reason. Dallas, Philly, the Jets are the absolute worst that they build up with all the hype.
Before the season even started, they crowned the Eagles, and now look at them QUICKLY falling apart.

If anyone is a dream team, it's us. We're defending Super Bowl Champions and we don't have problems on our offense like Vick barely completing 50% of his passes, and averaging 2 turnovers a game. Nor do we have people dropping passes and problems running the ball.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Sorry, Eagles are over-hyped. I honestly believe as long as Vick is a this scrambling/run first type of QB they wont get to far and hes going to get himself hurt (like he already has) that's just me though.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well last year the Bears beat the Eagles, and it was one of the only wins they had without thanks to a bunch of lucky penalties.

They had Vick shut down...

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldnt have started out better as far as I am concerned. I love seeing "all star" teams get beat up. Yankees, Heat, and Eagles can all go play in traffic for all I care

Hahaha I know a kid from Central Jersey, who is a fan of ALL three of those teams. Man he doesn't appreciate what its like being a real fan of franchies(only the Packers make me happy) who go through some pain. Being an O's and Terps fan really really tests the limits of time. Without the Pack I'd be quite unhappy.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, I needed a laugh after work today, that is hilarious

I remember last season even after we took Kolb out the game, Eagles fans wanted him over Vick. They drink that kool-aid from ESPN too much if they actually believed Kolb would win them something.

I haven't really had a problem with Eagles fans like I do with those annoying Pittsburgh fans, but they are just never satisfied. Even when they blew out Washington by 50 points, they wanted it by 60 points. I don't think they've had to deal with losing as bad as some teams have or they really would be more appreciative.

I was chatting with a Steelers fan who is my neighbor actually. She really really thought the Steelers would have blown out the Colts Sunday. UGH this woman has a forehead so long I can see the moon. She didn't even give the Packers ANY props when we beat her team last Feb. Yeah they are quite an arrogant fanbase, who thinks they have something to do with the Steelers success. Not to mention she is a U **** alumni. *Vomits*

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I was chatting with a Steelers fan who is my neighbor actually. She really really thought the Steelers would have blown out the Colts Sunday. UGH this woman has a forehead so long I can see the moon. She didn't even give the Packers ANY props when we beat her team last Feb. Yeah they are quite an arrogant fanbase, who thinks they have something to do with the Steelers success. Not to mention she is a U **** alumni. *Vomits*

The funny thing is, the Colts should have won that game.

Steelers fans can deny it all they want, but their team is known for turning the ball over.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dream Team lost by one point...

...to the 49ers.

I don't care what you say, that is a world champion 1 point loss, and that is a world champion 1-3 record. No team does it better!

/espnanalyst

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
***** how do you lose to the 49ers when you are dominating them the first half? Wow, that is PATHETIC.

ESPN writers got their heads so far up their *****, they are MENTALLY CHALLENGED.

They proved that when Pittsburgh was supposed to "roll GB in the Super Bowl" and now they prove it even more about the Dream Team. I had to hear one announcer on CBS today quote "This is what Michael Vick does, and no quarterback in the history of the NFL can escape pressure like this!" Umm....Steve Young couldn't escape the heat? What about Fran Tarkenton?

One thing ESPN never mentions is that the Eagles have MAJOR ISSUES stopping the run. It's a god honest fact with them letting Frank Gore run all over the place, when he has barely been getting yards this year.

Some people don't really care for Chris Carter but I think he summed it up perfect this morning when he said he still looks at Vick as a quarterback in transition. He can throw the ball, but he's still trying to run around and makes dumb decisions.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of talk about this "Dream team" before the season from people that always pick the Patriots to win it all and go 19-0 along the way. 1-3? Seems about right.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have problems that's for sure. I think part of it comes from lack of off season camp and having only 2 weeks to practice and get ready for preseason. With all the new acquisitions on that team I think the lack of camp may of hurt them worse than any other team. They need to gel and they'd better do it quick before they dig themselves an insurmountable hole.

Latest posts