Eagles dream team?

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I don't think the Eagles will get past a divisional game this year... they could get hot like the Heat did, but there not winning a Super Bowl this year. I feel like why the Packers have been so good and often over looked is chemistry... and I don't think the Eagles have that yet. It will be another year, plus even though they have all those great corners, their secondary is a weakness so far.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I watched the whole game. Their secondary played horribly, imo. DRC cannot tackle, for one.

Philly is just a bunch of thugs. Loads of talent, but no chemistry it seems.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles didn't play very well today on either side of the ball. Vick broke his right (non-throwing) hand, they don't know how long he will be out or if he will be out at all. Vick is pretty tough though. The Eagles always seem to have a time against the Giants. It's their version of the Packers playing the Bears. Pretty fierce division rivalry. The Eagles need to be able to protect Vick if they have any hope of going anywhere this year. He shouldn't be getting hit that much. I wouldn't call them done just yet. It's way to early in the season for that and still a lot of time for them to turn things around. I can tell you one thing, a lot of Eagle's fans around Philly are steaming.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Mind of an ESPN Analyst:

1 - 2.
+
4th in the NFC East.
+
Vick out probably 2 or 3 weeks.
=
World Champions!

Oh yeah because no one can beat Vick, he is the greatest EVER

I do like watching the Giants play the Eagles, it's always entertaining. Kinda like the old Redskins with Mark Rypien going toe to toe with Troy Aikman and the old Cowboys.

The problem isn't just the O-Line I think in Philly. The Giants set the blue print to containing Vick last year by keeping a cornerback blitzing him all day long. They did it last year and he completed 41% of his passes under that heavy pressure. It's the same thing Tampa Bay did to him when he played for Atlanta.
When all this was going on last season with the Vikings beating them down, Andy Ried made no attempts to change their play formats in that game even though he could see it was obviously not working. That's ultimately where the Eagles fail. They don't make plays to protect Vick, they just tell him to go all out and do his thing. I am a fan of running quarterbacks, Steve Young was one of my favorites to ever watch, but the 49ers couldn't protect him 24/7. They did design ways to try and protect him and it worked, but most of his injuries was his fearless heart to break off and run from pressure when he didn't have anyone open.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice! Probably irritating the hell out of Howard Eskin. Music to my ears! :roflmao:

that's appointment radio. eskin's the worst. i listen to gargano. he at least is fun. eskin's insufferable.

philly fans will be hilarious to listen to today. more fun than bears fans.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
This just in ... its official ... Eagles' dream (team) becomes a nightmare (especially for Philly fans).

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
As the losing continues the finger pointing will begin, and with the finger pointing the complete collapse of the "Dream Team."

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I know on paper they looked good but I really didn't see them living up to the expectations all along.
Vick is overrated. Last few games of the seasons he showed his true colors. Once a team can figure out how to stop him (like the Giants did last year) he isn't the savior. if you live by Vick, you die by Vick.

ESPN just loves the Eagles. Every year they over inflate them with hype like they are really a dream team. Remember Kevin Kolb? He sure hasn't done anything yet for the Cardinals. He wasn't that good anyway, but since he played for the Eagles, he was godlike.

Their super bad *** secondary got BURNED yesterday by Eli Manning. Where was those corners that were supposed to be bullet proof? Eli is a decent QB at best, but they let him look really good yesterday.

When Vick got on the podium yesterday and just *****ed and whined about getting hit and how "I don't get no flags but every other quarterback does" I lost every piece of respect I still had for the guy. How many times did Rodgers get sacked in 2009 and did he ever get in a press conference and point fingers and blame the refs? We got SCREWED in the playoffs on an un-called facemask penalty and he didn't complain. He would not make it if this was the 1980's or 1970's when quarterbacks got treated like any other player.

I knew this was going to happen and now we can all laugh at it. Spend ALL THAT MONEY on Vick and he can't even go 2 games without his cocky sorry *** getting injured. Before the season even started he thought he was super man saying "no defense can stop me" well it looks like 3 defenses this year have limited him.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard Andy Reid read the team the riot act in the locker room after the game. Also, Philly fans booed him. I know that's common for Philly fans but Andy is on the hot seat.

Reaction score
Boggy,
I watched the same thing with Vick at the podium! I love when he says that he is NOT complaining about it, he just wants to make everybody aware of what's happening. The Giant's just made him their "***** for the day"!
TF

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Their super bad *** secondary got BURNED yesterday by Eli Manning. Where was those corners that were supposed to be bullet proof? Eli is a decent QB at best, but they let him look really good yesterday.

And let's not forget multi-million dollar Jenkins had a whole 3 tackles. So much for bolstering the defense.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update on Vick. He suffered a hand contusion on his right (non-throwing) hand. NOT a broken right hand. An upgrade to his injury but it's not going to solve the problems the Eagles are facing. It's merely a symptom of a larger problem. They are not protecting Vick in the pocket. He's getting hit and/ or knocked on the ground every time he tries to throw the ball and now he's starting to complain about the officials not throwing flags for late hits and what not instead of throwing his O-Line under the bus. The Eagles are going to have a serious problem on their hands if they can't keep Vick healthy. This is the second week in a row that he's gone down and they've lost the game as a result.

And yes, guys. People here in Philly are not happy about the situation at all. They all expect that if the Eagles throw down that much money, they think it should buy them a SB. It doesn't look like it's working out too well and people in Philly are not shy about running off their mouths about it. But all this belly aching and moaning in Philly is music to our ears.

But keep in mind this is only week 3. I'd still keep an eye on the Eagles, they still have a lot of talent left and if they manage to right their sinking ship, they could still be a major threat in the NFC.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dream Team, Eagles, Iggles, Cullen Jenkins, are in last place in their division with losses to 2 NFC teams, which hurt in tiebreakers should it come to that.

I love it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Update on Vick. He suffered a hand contusion on his right (non-throwing) hand. NOT a broken right hand. An upgrade to his injury but it's not going to solve the problems the Eagles are facing. It's merely a symptom of a larger problem. They are not protecting Vick in the pocket. He's getting hit and/ or knocked on the ground every time he tries to throw the ball and now he's starting to complain about the officials not throwing flags for late hits and what not instead of throwing his O-Line under the bus. The Eagles are going to have a serious problem on their hands if they can't keep Vick healthy. This is the second week in a row that he's gone down and they've lost the game as a result.

And yes, guys. People here in Philly are not happy about the situation at all. They all expect that if the Eagles throw down that much money, they think it should buy them a SB. It doesn't look like it's working out too well and people in Philly are not shy about running off their mouths about it. But all this belly aching and moaning in Philly is music to our ears.

But keep in mind this is only week 3. I'd still keep an eye on the Eagles, they still have a lot of talent left and if they manage to right their sinking ship, they could still be a major threat in the NFC.

Of course you know as well as I do that Iggles fans aren't satisfied even when they're winning. I think complaining raises their endorphine level or something.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldnt have started out better as far as I am concerned. I love seeing "all star" teams get beat up. Yankees, Heat, and Eagles can all go play in traffic for all I care

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Only if it's Vick will they make a big deal about that picture.

If it was a McNabb, they'll let it drop and even if you don't like him that much, McNabb don't shoot his mouth off. Had I been benched for Rex Grossman, I would have made a huge scene about it, cause that's insulting, but McNabb was the bigger person.

Vick complained about not getting enough flags.

And as usual, you have ignorant people that throw the race card around.

I've seen a lot over the years, and if you ask me, Vick would NOT make it in the NFL back in the 1980's and 1990's back when quarterbacks didn't get special treatment. If he thinks it's bad today, let him try playing back when the defenses were more brutal.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I was waiting (and praying) for a bad start because I figured out Dogkiller would start whining and pointing fingers.

He didn't disappoint me.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm not one to say "I told you so" so I'm going to say "I talked about it".

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting off with 1-2.
That is my second favorite record of the season, so far!
(1st being the Pack.)

Members online

Latest posts