Eagles dream team?

Jebsta16

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think have a short camp is going to hurt them. They would be more formidable with a longer camp to get the new guys into the system. They are also going to be hurting on defense because there are a lot of holes like Linebacker and both Safety positions. The offensive line is not the best either. With more attention going to Jackson this year and Maclin hurting they are going to have to rely on Celek and Smith more than anything. I think they built up a pretty nice team but I don't think they are ready.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This "Dream Team" better wake up. It's just the preseason, but week 3 is usually when teams are trying to hone things and take things pretty seriously. (at least as seriously as you can take a scrimmage). And I must say, Vick looks AWFUL!!! He looks equally as bad as last week, if not worse and this isn't the Steelers D. This is the Browns. They're not awful, but they're not good.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't think it's Vick as much as his offensive line doesn't seem to stop anything. Man the Redskins heavy pressure d will eat Vick's offensive line up if they keep playing like this.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's Vick as much as his offensive line doesn't seem to stop anything. Man the Redskins heavy pressure d will eat Vick's offensive line up if they keep playing like this.

I completely agree the line is terrible, but some of the passes Vick has made are awful. He should have been picked at least twice and he should have lost two fumbles. One was a pick, but there was a bogus roughing passer call and he did lose one fumble. I don't think he has completed a pass where the ball was in the air for 15+ yds. Looks like Atlanta Ron Mexico, not last year Mike Vick.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, Young went down. How many games will Jenkins play before he goes down? With that offensive line, how long will Vick last? Enquiring minds want to know...

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Vick hit 14-32 passes. Didn't even complete 50% of his passes but they won. I don't see him having such a year like last season. He's already in late season form like last year. Expect some turnovers next week but Atlanta is an average team, they should be able to handle them easily.

Reaction score
When Stephen Jackson went out, it looked like it completely deflated the Rams. He ran all over the Eagles' D but then he got injured. Michael Vick is an absolute nightmare when he is running with a ton of green in front of him but I don't read too much into them beating the Rams.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Who watched them?

How they look

I watched them. They struggled, but got a few lucky bounces. The Rams probably would have won the game if their receivers could hang on to the ball. Bradford was on the money, but his guys had the dropsies big time.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steven Jackson going down was the reason this game was so lopsided. Him being out put additional pressure on their WRs and they didnt respond very well to it. Vick was Vick , he was inaccurate at times, ran like a mad man (98 yds) but i think the rams Dline was getting blocked upfield and vick was able to step up in the pocket and usually find a big lane.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got punched in the mouth early in the running game. their LB corps will be suspect this year. But their d line looked nasty. Jenkins seems to have found his place there and Babin is out preforming his expectations. If they can create pressure with the front 4 it takes pressure off the next level. Look for teams to spread them out and attack the seams with TEs on them.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
No doubt Jenkins is good, but the question still remains...how many games will he actually play healthy?

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the whole game. The Rams were a balloon that popped when Jackson went down. The defense was totally inept by the 2nd quarter, it looked like they were all fixated on only what Vick was doing. I'm not sure who it was, but Asomugha got beat a few times, and was flagged for a pi. Vick was accurate at times but when he missed, he missed bad. Philly's D is WEAK at middle linebacker, and Philly's CB's did NOT play very well. C. Williams looked like his old self when running up the middle and seemed to get 8-10 yards every time. Overall, I wasnt too impressed by Philly, I was more surprised at STL's absolute meltdown on defense. I give some credit to Philly, but they played an average team on a VERY bad day, Bradford, Jackson, Amendola, and J. Smith all missed time, it was a real mess.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Probably my second most anticipated game this week will be Philly and Atlanta. Good drama and two good football clubs.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I never thought I'd ever be rooting for Atlanta, but I would love to see them sack Vick 5 times and beat the living **** out of him.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well what happened to the "Dream Team" sunday night?

Vick, turned the ball over 3 times, and left the game injured.

They are so stupid to sign him to all that money on a big contract and he didn't even go 2 games without getting injured.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i listen to WIP pretty much every day during my lunch (on stream) and not everyone was sold on the dream team hype. and now, they're ready to jump off the ledge. it's pretty funny.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well what happened to the "Dream Team" sunday night?

Vick, turned the ball over 3 times, and left the game injured.

They are so stupid to sign him to all that money on a big contract and he didn't even go 2 games without getting injured.

Vick is down, Young is down, Jenkins was limping after dinging himself in the game...AND the dominoes start falling.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick sustained a mild concussion in the Atlanta game. He is going through the league protocol of testing to determine his eligibility for play. A lot of players were saying in post game that they thought the moment they lost the game was when Vick went out. It just goes to show you how essential Vick is to that team despite their "Million Dollar Defense."

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
What I love is how they constantly make Vick out like he's the greatest running quarterback ever.

All who watched Sunday night know he throws **** passes straight into the coverage. There were 2 dropped interceptions in that game. Not to mention he threw a pick, and fumbled...twice. Some of his throws make you say WTF cause he will over throw it right to where the ball should never be around 2 and 3 defenders.

Yeah he's the greatest when he barely is completing 50% of his passes. Against the Rams he didn't even hit 50%

I don't care if he broke Steve Young's rushing record, he sure can't throw like him and hit target after target. Even though he plays for the Eagles, he'll never come close to Cunnigham. Randall could run, but he also could put up 3,000 yards and 30 TD's a season without the help of ESPN and Madden saying "it's gonna happen".

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You know, Vick got a concussion last week. He's already turned the ball over 3 or 4 times in just 2 games. He's BARELY completing 50% of his passes (33 of 60) and today on ESPN they reported that he's been hit 33 times already, way more than any other quarterback in the league.​

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick is a dog killing punk. He hasn't changed his personna at all. Look at how he pointed to the scoreboard last week when he walked off the field. That's high school crap. And these announcers that fawn over him make me sick.

My dad said never trust a man who doesn't like a dog.

Maybe this post belongs in the Who do you hate thread??:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts