Eagles Calling About Najeh

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Buckhalter out for the season (3rd time in 5 years) the Eagles have contacted GB and Miami about Najeh and Lamont Gordon, respectively. I have heard that Gordon was already being considered for shopping by Miami.

So, would you be for this trade if we could get some help on D? He is a UFA after this season, and I do not know if he is destined to follow Ahman in GB...assuming GB decdes not to re-up Ahman after the season.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They talked about this on pfbtalk today...rumors are that the Packers aren't too interested because they're concerened that at any moment, Ahman could pull an Eddie George and hit the running back wall. Not to say, necessarily, that Najeh is the answer for the future, but they need him now, more than ever for security.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with TO. It would be a steal for a SIGNED Cory Simon, but he wants big bucks. I would take it further. I'd trade him for any potential starter on D or a 1st or 2nd pick. I hate the Eagles more than any human being in the galaxy but I don't think Najeh would help them that much. Fumbles and injuries!!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about Najeh and Ferguson for Simon...Trotter...and a draft pick...?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trotter isn't going anywhere. There is a big eagles fan in our office here so we always talk crap to eachother. He told me that trotter took a paycut a season or two ago to help the team. I think he is franchise player for the Eagles.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
How about Najeh and Ferguson for Simon...Trotter...and a draft pick...?
Get your PJs. You're dreaming. I think it's a stretch to trade either Fergie or the Poopster for Simon alone which is why I'd jump on that trade.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. If the Pack could somehow get Trotter I'd be intrigued since they could put Barnett and his more natural position, but Trotter's Washington debacle concerns me, however...

2. Big time trades like this almost never happen in the NFL

3. As desperate as the Eagles appear to be, I don't think they're willing to screw themselves over by giving up a pbowler for a back up (and 2 injury prone ones at that).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Najeh won't be leaving the Packers to the Eagles. The Packers are too high on him to give him away for a hold out/ unsigned player regardless of how talented he is and did I mention the Eagles are the favorite to win the NFC again? Why would you help them? The Packers are weak on D they need all the holes in the Eagles O they can get. Why help solidify them and hurt your chances of beating them if it came down to that?

Bottom line. Najeh helps the Eagles more than any ONE starter on D will or could help the Packers.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 66....eagle fans around here are saying Simon and Simoneau for Fergy and Najeh. Would you do that. To me Simoneau would be a backup, so in my mind we would be giving up Fergy and Najeh for Simon. I might do that if he would sign a fair contract.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I hate the Eagles more than any human being in the galaxy but I don't think Najeh would help them that much. Fumbles and injuries!!!

That's kind of why I wouldn't mind trading Davenport. I like him when he runs, but it seems like he's injured or lot and he fumbles a lot for the little he is in there. But I don't think the Packers will trade him because I think the Packers are still high on him.

I'd kind of like to see a little more of Williams in the preseason. He seems pretty fast. I'd like to see more of what he can do, because Fisher hasn't seemed as steady for some reason yet this year with some of the missed blocks and other mental mistakes he has made so far this preseason.

I

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack,

Simon A and Simon B eh?

I don't know too much about Simoneau...but throw in a third or 4th round draft pick for next year and I might go for that....

(the Pack needs defensive help.....RIGHT NOW!)

goat317

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Fergy and I like Davenpoop. But we would be out of our minds if we didn't take Simon and Simoneau even up for both of them. Assuming Simon's contract demands could be met in advance of the trade.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy I'd hate to help out the Eagles, our NFC rival. Granted I like the Pack to play other teams at their full strength, but I have not become sad over their troubles thus far. I would not like to give up Fergie but Najeh I'd part with. Whoever we get better be a starte and not another project, otherwise we need all the talent we have. How about we throw one of our Fullbacks in to rest Ahman! Have Henderson and Leach in the backfield to pick up 5 yards!

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is all old news - Davenport was the guest on Sirius yesterday and Rosenhouse had already contacted TT about a trade with the Eagles. TT said never, no way, is he going to trade anyone to the Eagles this year. Period.

Corey Simon? WHy would you you want another 290lb DT? I swear some of you must to went to school in Minnesota. My ignore list is getting pretty big these days, pretty soon I'll just leave becuase there is nothing of interest to read here.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
make the trade

I would love to trade Davenport plus maybe even a draft pick if we can get Simon. He is a Pro Bowl defensive tackle, and someone we could really use if he agrees to a decent contract.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can the Packers make do with Fisher & Williams? Oh YEAH! Davenport goes to Eagles for a top Defensive player?

Do it in a second!

I don't see it though. Eagles won't give up a Corey Simon for Poopster... There are other RBs out there that the Eagles can get.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
kuston,

Then go...We won't miss you.....you've never said anything of interest around here anyway.....

(Your high-handedness sickens me....you remind me of mjapr from the old NC forum)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually don't team up with Pack66 but.... see ya later kuston This forum is to exchange ideas AND viewpoints....some may be different than yours.

BTW expert.....the iggles list simon at 290 but Andy Reid admitted his playing weight is over 310.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Davenport helps the Eagles more then a D Starter will help the Packers. It is a no go no way no how.
The Eagles are a Super Bowl team.
The Packers are a Playoff team.

Why would a lessor team help a better team become better? One Defensive starter? I'm not convinced the Packers will improve much with one starter.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're going to call others stupid, you'll have to do better than this:
"I swear some of you must to went to school in Minnesota.".
Hammer

Members online

Latest posts