1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

EA Sports NFL Head Coach

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by smlutz, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smlutz

smlutz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone gotten this game besides me? Its really a good game. I know Trom has it because he posts on the Madden Nation boards. What do you think?

2. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want it sooooo bad but sadly I have only $8 at the present time I know all about it and think it is awesome

3. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
  4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you ttbh
    Thank you ttbh

This perhaps is a stupid question, but can you play as a player in this game?

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's about only being a HC, building your team. Basically seeing the game from the HC prespective.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh. I like playing. Building is great fun too, but I can do that with Madden in franchise mode. I'm not sure the difference but I wont be downloa,,, err buying this game.

7. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I am a big fan of playing the game, but I love building franchises and looking at the game from a HC/GM perspective. That is why I'll be getting the game as soon as I by my new laptop, which will have a better graphics card than my current one.

8. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    No you can not play as a player

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I wanna get a beefy laptop and rid my desktop. Although I jus got a 17inch viewable LCD monitor that is making me wanna install PhotoShop and do some graphics. I'm fighting the urge the best I can.

Now figtaboroo wants me to make him a graphic. DAMN PEER PRESSURE!!! lol :p

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah I have the game, and im 3-3 in regular season(lets hope mccarthy does better)

I was very excited about this game, since its the first of its kind, and I knew it would have some flaws, and boy does it!

The positives outweigh the negatives though, but I am already looking forward to next years.

I suggest NOT GETTING THIS GAME, unless you have money to throw around, or REALLY wanna try coaching the team in a new but flaed video game.

ps - I keep yelling at favre, and he doesnt appreciate it...and oh yeah, Carroll was gone the first day I was made coach. :)

11. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    what are some of the flaws tro?

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    well one of the biggest for me, is the 'office hours' feature. this is when you do whatever, mess with your playbook, roster, substitutes,gameplan,etc.

however, you can only do 2 actions per office hour. So making carroll a 5th string DB and then putting ferguson 4th WR is 2 actions, ur done for that period of office hours. I think they should have given you at least 4 actions. Cuz it took me forever to get a good depth chart and a good playbook. playbook takes...forever!

another thing is the Qbs in the game are so dumb. You can coach em up all day, motivate all day, practice all day, and they still make dumb decisions.

And the motivate options are too limited. there is either a passive or aggresive motivation tactic. What if Gado just made a huge run and I just wanna give him props, why does my motivation have to be critical?

There are more but these are the ones I am thinking about now(as i play the game, lol).

Like i said, its the first head coach game, and next years will be polished and should be real good.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    oh and the headset function doenst work good at all.

I was SO anticipating calling the plays through my ps2 headset(picture me screaming at the tv....i was looking forward to this).

It is extremely choppy and barely works.

This should be fixed for next years version.

Just wait to get NFL Head Coach 2008

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    MADDEN > *

15. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I rented the game and i think it is kind of poor you cant play any players and the qbs make awful calls most of the time. Dont waste your money on this Buy Madden Because It IS THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER.

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    why would you be able to play with a player? Its...a COACHING game..

as I am playing, the QB does get smarter. It takes time\practice\reps\motivation...but it could be better.

17. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know it is coaching but im saying it is a lot more fun to play the game anyways i am kind of disapointed most of the stuff i have done so far i could have done in a madden franchise.

18. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Why not be able to play as the player? It could be more interactive. Who the heck wants to just sit back an watch? I agree it is fun to see your 'creation' wreak havoc, but golly gosh I would much rather be dishing out the pain then watching someone else.

19. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    then get Madden

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Umm... I already have it as you would know if you paid attention instead of trying to smart off! RESPECT YOUR ELDERS MUWaHAAHHAHAHAHA lol j/k bro

21. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The kid is right. Get Madden.

-If you wanna play as the players, get Madden.
    -If you wanna coach the team and build it through assistant coaches,draft,fa, and watch your team win or lose because of YOUR choices, then get NFL Head Coach (next year, not this years version).

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Umm... I already have it as you would know if you paid attention instead of trying to smart off!

23. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    ENOUGH! Quit bickering, we are not going back to the trom/66 days.

*LOCKED*
    :locked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.