Dwight Freeney trade?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of mid round picks, a need for an edge rusher. Any thoughts on a possible hookup tomorrow or Saturday? Word around Indy today is that colts are still looking to move him. Any takers?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The funny thing is Freeney is supposed to stay this year we heard, but his cap hit in his final year of his contract is too large. I do think the Colts would move him if they got a good offer.

This is the latest on Dwight:
“@AlbertBreer: Freeney was in good spirits today, saying he's excited to play for Pagano, having talked to Ray Lewis and Ed Reed about the coach & scheme.”

So who knows. He is dipping his toes lately into the 3-4 but did not show up for the first few days of workouts.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think someone was thinking of the possibility of getting Freeney on the Packers.

TBH I know Dwight is aging, but he can still get to the QB quite well. I am not sure he is being moved though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Are we really going to fight over this crap?

Dtoown, I will move the "non Packer" stuff to right area..but your op is fine here

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't fight. Just pointed out the correct place for non-Packer stuff. I also thank you. I will remove my disagreements.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funny thing is Freeney is supposed to stay this year we heard, but his cap hit in his final year of his contract is too large. I do think the Colts would move him if they got a good offer.

This is the latest on Dwight:

So who knows. He is dipping his toes lately into the 3-4 but did not show up for the first few days of workouts.
I don't see the Colts trading Freeny. Won't happen

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It's not happening now from what I hear. These were all rumors. Pagano wants Freeney and Mathis in the new D. If he was leaving I think Colts drafted Upshaw.

The offense seems to be the big project so far for the Colts this draft. Two TEs?Wow. Maybe we are trying to copy NE lol. (and another WR/KR) Then again the offense NEEDED help. Also the fastest WR in the draft is now in Indy I guess.

Packers will win the SB.

I just hope the Colts show signs of life and improvement.

Members online

Latest posts