Dwayne Slay at SS

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saw this guy mentioned on another forum.

Big safety 6'4 225 and hits like a train for Texas tech

Here's a Video Clip of him: http://media.putfile.com/DwayneSlay

He would be availabe during the later rounds and since we need another safety anyway it would be i think a good pick. Make WR think twice about going across the middle with him and collins.

OP
OP
C

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and he was named big 12 defensive player of the year, has like 8 Forced fumbles (pure hitting)

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I think of when I see this..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

note: not saying it was a cheapshot..but the way this guy is so animated when he says it..matches the hit, IMO.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy cripes.

What year is this guy?

And that QB wasn't exactly small either. Good God what a hit. If the Packers steal this kid in the 2 round I would not complain at all. Probably an improvement over Roman.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread belongs in "the atrium"as it really does not deal with the Packers. This guy has less than a 1% chance of being selected by the Packers. I would question the ability of a scouting staff that would take a suggestion from here.

It happens in the off season someone thinks they see special qualities in a player who does not get enough publicity and posts some thread about it. Last year one was Shazam Shazor of Michigan who the Packers should take at safety and no NFL team drafted him.

Ted Thompson's draft will likely leave many confused. No one predicts drafts correctly and "experts" are "close" only through 1st round. Anyone see Nick Collins going to the Packers?

These type threads waste more than the posters time. Why is the draft beat in television ratings by only the World Series and NBA finals? There are so many variables among the teams, players, and contingency plans.

I would recommend relaxing until the draft occurs. Spinning your wheels over it is not profitable. I once looked at the draft and had a lot of hope Chris Chambers would be available in the 2nd round for the Packers. He was and it didn't happen. It still bugs me. Getting too wrapped up on the draft will drive you crazy.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cali....I must be a loser because I love draft speculation when it comes to the Packers. BTW....your response to this thread is the longest so far. So who is really wasting the posters' time?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you Cali. I don't spend much time trying to figure out who goes where. Esp after the 1st round. I wait until after the Packers draft players then I go back and read the bio info on them.
But this yr w/ a potential top 4-5 pick I am looking at the top choices a little closer.

OP
OP
C

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as him lasting toward the later rounds, he's not mentioned in a lot of the draft sites, but this was a big year for him. I couldn't even find what his 40 yard dash time was. If he runs in the 4.5-4.6ish then that is fine but hopefully not any slower. That is what hurt Shazor. We'd have Collins, Slay Underwood and Roman at safely, with hopefully the later of the three fighting for SS. I love draft talk though.

Packerchatter.com has a forum for specifically draft talk (free) for those who would like to know.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChuckSTG said:
Packerchatter.com has a forum for specifically draft talk (free) for those who would like to know.

Ryan's going to sanction you for talking dirty. :wink:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Cali....I must be a loser because I love draft speculation when it comes to the Packers. BTW....your response to this thread is the longest so far. So who is really wasting the posters' time?

draft speculation is great, especially when we have nothing else to look forward to now...and i figure its good to see some names thrown around other than "reggie bush, reggie bush, reggie bush, reggie bush"

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Slay has recieved "sparingly" time at defense, and plays special teams for the most part.. and you think he would go in and replace Roman right away?!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I heard Slay has recieved "sparingly" time at defense, and plays special teams for the most part.. and you think he would go in and replace Roman right away?!

if Slay is infact a first-day pick...we have bigger fish to fry than safety...nick collins is coming on strong, mark roman is--steady, but glaring needs at running back, possibly reciever, possibly guard, D-LINE, linebacker, possibly corner...outweigh the need of safety

OP
OP
C

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made the post because I was assuming that Slay would be a 4-6 round pick. This was before I knew that he was the Big 12 Defensive Player of the year. I did a google search on him and forums on other teams have noticed him as well. Don't know what kind of cover guy he is either, because that is big, since he would be covering TE quite a bit as well as WR. If for some reason he is still available in th 4th or 5th rounds, packers please take him. Otherwise at safety we have Collins, Roman, Underwood and Thornbury(IR), need someone else.

OP
OP
C

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First round, first day pick is a long shot. Remember that Erenst Shazor has around the same build, but ran a 4.7 40 and didn't even get drafted. He could be slow and while he might hit like a hammer, he might not cover well at all or be fast enough. Wait till combine.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Along with Shazor, all kinds of packer faithful were screaming when the pack passed on Antaj Hawthorne several times. He just managed to get himself off the Raiders practice squad last week. Sometimes you get gold in mid-late rounds; sometimes you think, "we can't pass this guy up here," and then he turns out to be a dog anyway.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry, but i'd much rather take bing from usc. imho bing will be an instant starter and will make the defence better immediatly

Members online

Latest posts