DUPLICATE THREADS, SEARCH FEATURE, WRONG SECTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Please start using the search feature..

Us mods are deleting and moving WAY to many threads from posters that for the lack of a better word.. To lazy to search for them selves..

It takes a few seconds to just scan thread titles, or enter key words into the search area.

Also a reminder..Stop posting NFL news in the Packer forum..** see my post explaining this in more detail**

We are going to be locking threads that are wrong...We also may delete posts in those threads to show how serious we are..

So if you see a thread locked you started, chances are it is wrong section, or duplicate

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also a reminder..Stop posting NFL news in the Packer forum..
This is what isn't clear to me...

If we want to discuss other teams, other players etc that are not Packers, does that go into the NFL News section or a different one?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Instance...

Someone posted a video of Bob Costas talking about on the filed celebrations...That is a general thing about all teams..Why should that go in the Packer section?

If you find an interesting thing and there are no sentences about the Packers or their players, why put in Packer section???

If there is something about Brett going to Texans, why put in Packer section

Turn it around....Why would someone put an article about Rodgers in the NFL section...

We want people to start taking responsibility on what they are posting, and where it is to be posted..The rules clearly state this, but no one seems to care..So we are trying to fix it

So now when it is in wrong section, we are locking it, and the op needs to make a new one in proper section..And there is a chance that any posts made under the wrong thread will be deleted..

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instance...

Someone posted a video of Bob Costas talking about on the filed celebrations...That is a general thing about all teams..Why should that go in the Packer section?

If you find an interesting thing and there are no sentences about the Packers or their players, why put in Packer section???

If there is something about Brett going to Texans, why put in Packer section

Turn it around....Why would someone put an article about Rodgers in the NFL section...

We want people to start taking responsibility on what they are posting, and where it is to be posted..The rules clearly state this, but no one seems to care..So we are trying to fix it

So now when it is in wrong section, we are locking it, and the op needs to make a new one in proper section..And there is a chance that any posts made under the wrong thread will be deleted..
So why did you post this in the Packer Forum?
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/bretts-legacy-to-be-on-espn2.32986/#post-412449
aren't you being hypocritical?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a suggestion that might cut down on the rate of duplicate threads. Thread title clarification. Often people post a thread with a title that can be misleading or misunderstood as it looks as if it doesn't have anything to do with what the thread is about. People probably do this in an attempt at humor or to be witty and get their thread noticed but all it really does is cause confusion and the thread doesn't turn up in searches. This leads to duplicate threads even if somebody is using the search feature. I think it may not be a bad idea when you post a thread to be as specific as possible as to the subject nature of your thread. For example if your thread is going to be about Suh being a dirty player, just post the thread title as "is Suh a dirty player?" (this is an actual thread title that I believe reinforces my point) as opposed to something like, "I can't believe this!"

I'm saying this because not only has merging threads become an issue, I've also noticed that I've had to edit the title of threads for clarification when the the thread may never of been a problem if the original thread had a title that clearly established its content.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We want people to start taking responsibility on what they are posting, and where it is to be posted..The rules clearly state this, but no one seems to care..So we are trying to fix it..So there might be things being done you dont agree with..

It is an ongoing trial an error thing, so until members start following the rules things may get merged/moved/deleted that makes no sense

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I think everyone should have to read Kitten's post. I think far to many people try to be to "creative" in creating thread titles and that leads to confusion and to duplicate threads because it is not clear what the original thread was about.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I think everyone should have to read Kitten's post. I think far to many people try to be to "creative" in creating thread titles and that leads to confusion and to duplicate threads because it is not clear what the original thread was about.
Agreed. Cutesy little titles to draw your interest. Be specific in the title; save the cutesy for the post.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

honestly? wont work

We had an actual program installed that told people when there was a thread already and people still did it

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts