1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Jakest3r, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Boston's Gerald Green, Orlando’s Dwight Howard, Chicago’s Tyrus Thomas, and last year's champ - New York's Nate Robinson are the competitors. Who is gonna win it?

My Pick: (No Brainer) Tyrus Thomas.. Who you got?

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    After watching Tyrus roll his ankle last week on a breakaway dunk attempt, I won't pick Tyrus, but hope he does well.

When in doubt, go with the smallest guy on the court. My pick is Nate Robinson.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll go with Gerald Green.

I'm kinda surprised that Howard got invited. He may be a freakish beast at PF, but I haven't really seen much to suggest that he'd be able to pull of some sick dunks.

4. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Your pick is lookin good, my god that Howard dunk putting the sticker on the top of the glass was sick. Can't believe it only got a 42.. Thomas is eliminated now.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I forgot thomas made the "im just doing it for the money" comments, thus his low scores

his dunks were better than Gerald greens. Greens 1st one was mainly Paul Pierce's setup. His 2nd one was ...exactly what Tyrus did except Tyrus made his better cuz he had the ball thrown to him instead of just a lame running start like Gerald greens. (btw Ben gordon is taller than nate, making that dunk harder in another way).

Gerald Green shouldn't even be in the top 3 right now. What can ya do.

and how was jumping over a table better than jumping over ben gordon OR nate? It was a nice windmill yes, but....meh....that was some ****** judging.

Dwight Howard was the most entertaining.

6. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Was it just me, or did anyone else catch Bovetta kissing Barkley on the lips?

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    nope i seen it. it was gross.

8. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I mean all the players probably do all this for the money but it's not right for Thomas too say that. I think Thomas should have gotten a 47-48 for that jam over Gordon. And the no look off the backboard for a jam got only a 37 was horrible.. I mean yes it's been seen, but it doesn't make it any easier.. I heard that Thomas is also giving his winnings to charity for what he said.

9. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    MJ gave the worst scores I have ever seen.

He should just fade into the background while manging the Bobcats.

10. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, I saw that, that was nasty..

11. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No really, I mean.. He gives that windmill over a table a 10.. When Tyrus Thomas's dunks looks more spectacular. And only gave Nate's first dunk an 8.. Jordan really surprised me.. I mean i'm sure he's seen it all but still... the guy is 5'9.. I would have gave the Howard sticker dunk a 10... Jordan gave him an 8.. lol...

12. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that was some terrible judging.

Nate surprised me with his first dunk in the final round, but damn it gets old watching him miss so many times.

I enjoyed the 3 point contest the most, it was some nice competition.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah im not defending his comments, I just dont like 'punishing' him for it during the contest. he already had to pay a 10 thousand dollar fine for it.

The kid broke the ******* net tonight and didnt make the finals.

it shoulda been dwight "funny man" howard vs Tyrus "jump over gordon\net breaker" Thomas.

I liked MJs scoring. People were too courteous with their scores, everything got a 9 or 10. MJ was like "**** that"

(edit, tyrus is giving his money to his old high school)

14. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah, pretty lame judging..lackluster contest as well.

Nate's first dunk was ****** nuts.

oh yeah, that Bovetta/Barkley kiss made me kinda horny.

15. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    ^ Let me guess, you were watching with your buddy ephren?

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I didn't see it........i liked it back when "Spud Webb" was playing. I think the guy was 5'8" tall. And HE could DUNK! I STILL don't know how someone MY height could DO that! I'm lucky of i can hit the BOTTOM of the net!

17. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A. Cheese is not aerodynamic

B. Thrust to weight ratio insufficient.

:razz:

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm PERFECTLY aerodynamic!!!(If i was only going straight UP that is! Pear shapes are MADE for that!!!) LOLOL!!! :thumbsup:

19. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    of course...after that we drank some Merlot and played Nintendo Wii all night.

20. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Not that there's anything wrong with that, except eternal damnation..

god hates the wii

21. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    ha..Corinthians 12:17

22. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, you Chicagoans are such homers. Thomas' dunks were pretty uncreative and lacked any flair or style. Yeah, he shoulda gotten a little better for his "broke the ******* net" dunk, but again, no style on it.

Green's dunk over Nate scored big because of all the extra things he threw in. He paid homage to the last C's player to win the contest, from an era that many current players have forgotten. He changed to the white pump-up shoes, rocked the #7 Brown jersey, and covered his eyes with his arm. The blindfold, clothes, and the fact that he did it over the reigning champ is what got him high scores.

This isn't the freakin' olympics. It's a showmanship contest. It would be on par with an endzone dance contest for the No Fun League.

I think Green rocked the house, and his perfect score in the final round was because the judges were just showing that he deserved to win, hands down. ***rant over***

23. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    that last dunk was doo doo man..they should've judged accordingly imo.

24. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It wasn't spectacular, I agree. But it was waaay better than Nate's Ninth Attempt. I think that his best was #2, but all three rounds were huge dunks.

I'm not saying the last one was a 10. Not at all. But if I were judging, and he came through with something that solid on the last dunk of the night, and no one had gotten a perfect score yet, heck, why not? If I just thought he was straight up the winner, I'd give him that 10 to ensure he would win.

25. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, between the legs off the backboard slams are oh so boring.

Lobs from a guy then jumping over said guy makes me fall asleep.

Right....

He...wore a throwback jersey. That's creative? Oh, is it because he wasted peoples time and changed right there on the court?! How creative! And you said, he jumped over the reigning champ, how impressive! Tyrus Thomas jumped over a BIGGER man, and he didn't just get the running start, he had the ball THROWN to him, adding difficulty. But I guess if Tyrus was wearing a Norm Van Lier throwback it woulda been a 50...

PM me when you get out of the insane asylum.