Dunbar signed

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Signed

B4 any wants to be an *******

I searched
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just shows how bad league wide how bad injuries are that he is even considered.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Lord, Dunbar is only two seasons from when he nearly finished the year with a 90.0 grading from PFF - the drop off is fast at many positions and CB seems to bite folks, but if he can be even 2/3 what he was then he could be the band aid fix we may very well be needing. Especially if King is down now.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dunbar has a very low bar to hurdle in order to be better than our backups at CB. While it would feel good to slam the front office for not having adequate backups, I recognize how incredibly hard and rare it is for teams to be well stocked at every position. Unfortunately I think that CB and LB are the two positions that lack any quality backups this season.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Dunbar has a very low bar to hurdle in order to be better than our backups at CB. While it would feel good to slam the front office for not having adequate backups, I recognize how incredibly hard and rare it is for teams to be well stocked at every position. Unfortunately I think that CB and LB are the two positions that lack any quality backups this season.
And it's truly difficult to find quality corners. Especially several of them. No team can truly sustain not having 2 or more of their top corners without a significant drop off.

Drafting Stokes wasn't exactly "s.e.x.y", but man you really have to invest in high talent corners.

D

Deleted member 6794

With the Packers signing Jaylon they might have at least one quality backup at linebacker in either Barnes or him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OLB yes but we have three ILBs I’m comfortable with for sure in there

D

Deleted member 6794

Of course but I was meaning presently

I know, but as mentioned repeatedly by a lot of people over time it's unrealistic to expect having that many quality backups at a position.

With that being said the Packers could have done a better job of having a more talented #4 edge rusher on the roster entering the season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, but as mentioned repeatedly by a lot of people over time it's unrealistic to expect having that many quality backups at a position.

With that being said the Packers could have done a better job of having a more talented #4 edge rusher on the roster entering the season.

I think they felt Rivers and Garvin were going to give at least one guy....praying Garvin keeps progressing because he is starting to show the promise many of us brought up when discussing late day 3/udfa guys to look towards the year of his draft.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they felt Rivers and Garvin were going to give at least one guy....praying Garvin keeps progressing because he is starting to show the promise many of us brought up when discussing late day 3/udfa guys to look towards the year of his draft.
Like every other team in the NFL we are vulnerable to injuries that result in depth players having to play a more increased role than they are currently suited for. Garvin is coming along but I think it's probably another year before he has a true NFL body. I'd put Barnes in that same category.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like every other team in the NFL we are vulnerable to injuries that result in depth players having to play a more increased role than they are currently suited for. Garvin is coming along but I think it's probably another year before he has a true NFL body. I'd put Barnes in that same category.

Barnes nearly (Amos 83 and him 80) led our team last year in tackles, proved coverage capable, wear the comm. helmet and had the #1 ILB role on lock this year till his injury. Sorry but Barnes is an NFL caliber LB. Depends on roster around him whether he is your #1, #2 or #3 - but I don't know many teams where he is not seeing good amount of snaps.

Garvin is a rung or two lower on the ladder of NFL ready IMO. Love what I'm seeing but until he puts a whole season together like Barnes I cannot treat them the same personally.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Barnes nearly (Amos 83 and him 80) led our team last year in tackles, proved coverage capable, wear the comm. helmet and had the #1 ILB role on lock this year till his injury. Sorry but Barnes is an NFL caliber LB. Depends on roster around him whether he is your #1, #2 or #3 - but I don't know many teams where he is not seeing good amount of snaps.

Garvin is a rung or two lower on the ladder of NFL ready IMO. Love what I'm seeing but until he puts a whole season together like Barnes I cannot treat them the same personally.
I too believe Barnes has proven to be a NFL calibre LB. I just don't think he has grown to what will become his regular playing weight yet.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too believe Barnes has proven to be a NFL calibre LB. I just don't think he has grown to what will become his regular playing weight yet.

I’d concur, I think he may be close to the weight but not the weight distribution if that makes sense?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dunbar, not Dumb Bear....the guy got released? Doesn't matter they should rest the starting players and let J-Lo and crew play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts